Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike County Boys' Preseason County Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This tournament will be played Nov 5th-7th at Millard. Should be an interesting tournament with all teams just getting started. The matchups are as follows:

Nov 5th

Millard vs Elkhorn City with winner playing Virgie
Dorton vs Phelps

Pikeville vs Kimper with winner playing Mullins
Belfry vs Feds Creek with winner playing Johns Creek

Nov 6th--Semifinals

Nov 7th--Consolation and Championship
Should be some good basketball
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:This tournament will be played Nov 5th-7th at Millard. Should be an interesting tournament with all teams just getting started. The matchups are as follows:

Nov 5th

Millard vs Elkhorn City with winner playing Virgie
Dorton vs Phelps

Pikeville vs Kimper with winner playing Mullins
Belfry vs Feds Creek with winner playing Johns Creek

Nov 6th--Semifinals

Nov 7th--Consolation and Championship

This should be fun but everybody will be extremely rusty! I am looking forward to getting a look at everybody. I don't know if Pikeville players are done with football but everyone else should be staffed with all their starters. I like EC over Millard, Virgie over EC, Dorton [/B]over Phelps, Pikeville over Kimper, Pikeville over Mullins, Belfry over Feds Creek, Johns Creek over Belfry. Pikeville vs. JC Dorton and Virgie in the final Four. :popcorn:
Sounds right to me Cougar Connection.. i also have Pikeville vs JC and Dorton vs Virgie... I am sure all teams won't be firing on all cylinders but still should give us a indication of what to expect later on in the season...
Just wondering if this is true?

Pikeville 100 Kimper 2
littlebluefan Wrote:Just wondering if this is true?

Pikeville 100 Kimper 2
yes , it is

Pikeville 100 Kimper 2

Classy
Wow...The pikeville coach get a time-out when Kimper scored? Good job coach!
Big Don Wrote:Wow...The pikeville coach get a time-out when Kimper scored? Good job coach!

Makes you wonder what the stats were for this game doesn't it! I mean, after all... all you needed was one side of the score book.
Scores of all the games?
Cougar Connection Wrote:This should be fun but everybody will be extremely rusty! I am looking forward to getting a look at everybody. I don't know if Pikeville players are done with football but everyone else should be staffed with all their starters. I like EC over Millard, Virgie over EC, Dorton [/B]over Phelps, Pikeville over Kimper, Pikeville over Mullins, Belfry over Feds Creek, Johns Creek over Belfry. Pikeville vs. JC Dorton and Virgie in the final Four. :popcorn:
Junior high, so yes, all Pikeville players are done with football. They have a good team this year, as I hear it.
Some great preseason games. Some games were blow outs but they were some very good games also like Millard pushing Virgie to the limit and Belfry almost upsetting Johns Creek. Pike County looks to be very competitive this year. Teams Looked rusty at times and the refs were very very rusty also. So hopefuly everyone works hard and they will get better.

Pikeville 100 Kimper 2

this is pathetic on a coach's part.
please post the results
Pikeville 100 Kimper 2! What kind of coach does this to young men?
Didn't a girl's high school coach get fired for the same thing Pikeville did in Texas last year?
Elkhorn and Millard score?
Millard beat Elkhorn by roughly 25.
Folks, could someone tell me, what either side got out of this? Does anybody think those kids from Kimper wanted to go to practice today? I didn't see this, so if someone could tell me, did Pikeville try to stall? Or, did they push it the whole time? I know their girls will run "dead red" press while up by 25 on someone with two minutes left in the game and the parents will openly taunt kids on the floor. I have seen that myself. So please, inform if they tried to stop this at all, or if everyone sat around and slapped one another on the back while this travesty took place!
This Pikeville vs Kimper score is unbelievable. What kind of a low life does a coach have to be to do this to a team. If I were Coach Johnson I would be ashamed to show my face after this game. This does nothing to help your team and it destroys the mind set of the other team. Pikeville is fortunate they didnt get any players injured, I know if I was getting beat this bad and a team kept trying to run the score up, I would be going head hunting when a player came down the lane. Keep your heads up Kimper Cubs, dont let a low life like Coach Johnson get you down.
KY Headhunter Wrote:This Pikeville vs Kimper score is unbelievable. What kind of a low life does a coach have to be to do this to a team. If I were Coach Johnson I would be ashamed to show my face after this game. This does nothing to help your team and it destroys the mind set of the other team. Pikeville is fortunate they didnt get any players injured, I know if I was getting beat this bad and a team kept trying to run the score up, I would be going head hunting when a player came down the lane. Keep your heads up Kimper Cubs, dont let a low life like Coach Johnson get you down.

come on guys...We all know Pikeville, we know that's just how they roll and they don't care. If anyone is shocked by this they just don't know Pikeville. If the AD does nothing then shame on him.
littlebluefan Wrote:come on guys...We all know Pikeville, we know that's just how they roll and they don't care. If anyone is shocked by this they just don't know Pikeville. If the AD does nothing then shame on him.
Let me ask you all this...what was the scores of Kimper's other games? Look, I don't like the score either, but it is what it is, and as I understand it, he played EVERYBODY on his bench extensively. To advocate, as another poster did, going head-hunting and encouraging hurting other players is ridiculous. These are kids. Do we teach them to just turn the ball over to keep from hurting the other team's feelings? What does that teach EITHER team? Hopefully Kimper gets better, and I'm pulling for them to get better, just like I'm pulling for EVERY team and player in this county to have a great and injury free year.
PHSForever Wrote:Let me ask you all this...what was the scores of Kimper's other games? Look, I don't like the score either, but it is what it is, and as I understand it, he played EVERYBODY on his bench extensively. To advocate, as another poster did, going head-hunting and encouraging hurting other players is ridiculous. These are kids. Do we teach them to just turn the ball over to keep from hurting the other team's feelings? What does that teach EITHER team? Hopefully Kimper gets better, and I'm pulling for them to get better, just like I'm pulling for EVERY team and player in this county to have a great and injury free year.

Being a coach myself, I promise you this could have been avoided very easily. You call off the dogs, you hold the ball, make you're players pass the ball so many times each trip down the floor. You tell them to quit shooting passing lanes, you tell them to quit leaking out for fast break points. And by any means, I am not pointing my finger at the boys themselves. I have coached one of Pikeville's boys and I love the kid to death. This rest on the coaches' shoulders. It sets a bad example that winning isn't enough, you have to embarrass you're opponent. There is a hundred ways this could have been avoided. Boys are going to be boys, they will play their butts off when they know they can make a stand out performance against a weaker team. I was the same way when I was young. At some point as a adult, you have to take a step back and ask your self what you are doing to the kids on the other bench. I have a personal opinion on what should be done in this matter, but I have no say so or power in the situation. Winning a game is one thing, but demoralizing and embarrassing a team is a totally different monster. And what has Kimper ever done that would warrant someone to beat them this bad? I could understand a little more if this was pay back for something some had done to Pikeville but that is simply not the case.
bball_fan Wrote:Being a coach myself, I promise you this could have been avoided very easily. You call off the dogs, you hold the ball, make you're players pass the ball so many times each trip down the floor. You tell them to quit shooting passing lanes, you tell them to quit leaking out for fast break points. And by any means, I am not pointing my finger at the boys themselves. I have coached one of Pikeville's boys and I love the kid to death. This rest on the coaches' shoulders. It sets a bad example that winning isn't enough, you have to embarrass you're opponent. There is a hundred ways this could have been avoided. Boys are going to be boys, they will play their butts off when they know they can make a stand out performance against a weaker team. I was the same way when I was young. At some point as a adult, you have to take a step back and ask your self what you are doing to the kids on the other bench. I have a personal opinion on what should be done in this matter, but I have no say so or power in the situation. Winning a game is one thing, but demoralizing and embarrassing a team is a totally different monster. And what has Kimper ever done that would warrant someone to beat them this bad? I could understand a little more if this was pay back for something some had done to Pikeville but that is simply not the case.

I guess Cal was wrong last night also!
X Factor Wrote:I guess Cal was wrong last night also!

I don't agree with the beating Kentucky gave Morehouse last night, but the talent level and game is different then Middle School. Think about this, Kentucky scored 125 points or something like that in 40 minutes... Pikeville scored 100 points in 24 minutes! Pikeville scored 80% of Kentucky's total score last night in just a little over half the time it took Kentucky who was playing with a shot clock.
Folks from Pikeville can try to defend what happened all they want, but the fact is, this was unexcusable and should have never happened. I realize some people took offense to my statement earlier about the "headhunting", but you folks know as well as i do that 9 out of 10 teams that you put in that situation, there would have ended up being someone hurt or a huge fight.
When pikeville cuts limber a check for200,000 or so you can compare the kemper game to the Kentucky game until then this is two black eyes for pikeville. This is all on the coach, he could have prevented this with class an respect. Instead he ask for this ridicule.
Sorry, kimper. My typing is awful.