Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dance Teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I think Estill has had a good dance team for the past 3 years. I think when coach Beverly Hall first took over things started to change. That year the girls went to 2 competition and DOMINATED! So, still I stand behind them and I am not even a dancer!
Recently Magoffin captured the Bluegrass Classic State Championships High School Varsity Jazz and Hip Hop divisions (1st place in both) as well as OVERALL Grand Champions (beating 2 college teams) They will be performing at the District games as well.
I am looking forward to watching Phelps at the district tournament! The dancers are always amazing and get the crowd hyped up! Congrats on placing first in All A state in TWO categories! You ROCK!
fan4blue Wrote:I think Estill has had a good dance team for the past 3 years. I think when coach Beverly Hall first took over things started to change. That year the girls went to 2 competition and DOMINATED! So, still I stand behind them and I am not even a dancer!
Havent seem them this year, personally, but heard that Bev isnt coaching anymore and they aren't as good as they have been in the past few years. But I do know the last couple years they rocked!! Everybody in the crowd, even the opposing fans, loved to watch them, they were a hit. I believe there was one compo that they were in their own division, so they of course took the trophy, but even better they got the trophy for most creative dance of the day!!! That is a really honorable trophy, considering the girls on the team coreographed all of the dances that they did.
The Dance Teams at P'burg were very good in the late 90's.
In all honesty, I don't think any of our teams in the mountains can compare themselves with the likes on Manual and Assumption, not even the All-Star teams here. My sister is on the Dance Etc. All-Star team and they sit in amazement when they Assumption dance. Assumption is an all girls school in Louisville not an all star team... same with Manual. You have to go out of the mountains to compare yourself with the great teams in the state. those two teams have done that... and they aren't just the best in the state, but in the United States...
phs1986 Wrote:Phelps Dance is National champs again in Hip-hop and Prop!!

how many teams did they compete against in each category?
PHSdancefan Wrote:Are Assuption and Louisville Male school teams or all-star teams? You know, it's easy to take the best girls from all schools and make 1 all-star dance team. Our girls made up their own routines. They had no help from professional choreographers. Their choreography is their own!!! Phelps is a single A school, and they beat every "all star" team in the national competition. So, yes, I would consider them the best in the state!!!! :thumpsup:

Like Phelps Dancer said, they will be performing in the district tournament so come see for yourself. I promise, you'll get your socks knocked off!!!!

At Nationals... they don't put all star teams against school teams...
No need to get snooty.... just let it go! In this area, and obviously in class A, Phelps is the best there is in hip hop and pom!
Well the Phelps dance team look good out there last night ..:letsparty...... AND let not forget the CO ED Cheerleaders to you all did a good job to :thumpsup::Clap:
cardinalfan27 Wrote:At Nationals... they don't put all star teams against school teams...
UH...excuse me...but Phelps was up against allstar teams at nationals and still came home champions!!!!!!!!!!
phelpsfan Wrote:Well the Phelps dance team look good out there last night ..:letsparty...... AND let not forget the CO ED Cheerleaders to you all did a good job to :thumpsup::Clap:

They sure did and just wait until tomorrow night at Pike Central..... their Hip Hop routine RULES and they are gonna perform it!!! GO PHS dance!!!
Absolutely! Phelps was named the overall Dance champion, just a fraction of a point from being the overall cheer and dance grand champion. People assume that Phelps attends competitions that are not attended by anyone else.... GUESS AGAIN! They aren't afraid of anyone... and, for the record, their choreography is done by their girls.... not a paid choreographer. Their moves are awesome, that's why other people steal parts for their routines! And to think, only ONE senior on the squad and a very talented junior high dance team also.... what's the expression.... we don't rebuild, we reload?
PHS95 Wrote:Absolutely! Phelps was named the overall Dance champion, just a fraction of a point from being the overall cheer and dance grand champion. People assume that Phelps attends competitions that are not attended by anyone else.... GUESS AGAIN! They aren't afraid of anyone... and, for the record, their choreography is done by their girls.... not a paid choreographer. Their moves are awesome, that's why other people steal parts for their routines! And to think, only ONE senior on the squad and a very talented junior high dance team also.... what's the expression.... we don't rebuild, we reload?

OMG!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!
Thought you might like that 86!
phs1986 Wrote:They sure did and just wait until tomorrow night at Pike Central..... their Hip Hop routine RULES and they are gonna perform it!!! GO PHS dance!!!

Yep.. I know My Daugther is on the dance team I love the Hip Hop one the most.:thumpsup:
PHS95 Wrote:No need to get snooty.... just let it go! In this area, and obviously in class A, Phelps is the best there is in hip hop and pom!

It's not being snooty when you know what you are talking about... I'm sorry to burst the bubble of so many people but I have been around REAL dance probably a lot longer than some of Phelps dancers have been alive. I know what is good, I know dance, and yes Phelps has a good team, but could not be placed on the level of the best teams in Kentucky because obviously you haven't seen those teams dance.
PHSdancefan Wrote:UH...excuse me...but Phelps was up against allstar teams at nationals and still came home champions!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I was just going off of the past five years of going to the ASC, EDA, NDA, and UDA Nationals... maybe when they do overall yes, but as far as letting All-Star teams compete in your same division that's not how they do things. I was just at Super Nationals in Cincy and my sisters All-Star team did not compete, and have never competed against school teams, they aren't even judged the same way... and if you don't believe me I have seen score sheets of Dance Etc. and Dance Cats and they have different criteria. So please don't get attitude with me...:mad:
cardinalfan27 Wrote:Sorry I was just going off of the past five years of going to the ASC, EDA, NDA, and UDA Nationals... maybe when they do overall yes, but as far as letting All-Star teams compete in your same division that's not how they do things. I was just at Super Nationals in Cincy and my sisters All-Star team did not compete, and have never competed against school teams, they aren't even judged the same way... and if you don't believe me I have seen score sheets of Dance Etc. and Dance Cats and they have different criteria. So please don't get attitude with me...:mad:

NOT doubting your "expertise" in the least BUT.... have you seen these girls?? ACTUALLY seen this dance team THIS year? They do NOT have anyone make up stuff for them.... THEY do their own stuff and evidently they are doing something right.... Bringing home National titles AND state Class A championships is impressive..... After all.... there is only a little over 300+ kids in this school and they have been National Champions for OH.... 2 or 3 years now.... and OH ..... the Jr. High team has also won the county championship for the past 3 or 4 years.... IMO.... Phelps Dance is going no where but UP!!! AND... phsdancefan is correct.... they are losing 1 girl.... 1.... and are gaining a couple off the Jr. High team..... Gosh.... I can't wait!!!!!!
It is being snooty, at least in my opinion! Good is good.... in YOUR opinion, they are not the best, fine, I can accept that..... but your opinion is apparently in the minority on this thread! This is a wonderfully talented group of girls, furthermore, you have no right to judge my expertise in such matters when you don't know me.... you seem to be highly qualified, but cut these girls a break and give credit where credit is due.... their championships are nothing to sneeze at or degrade because you weren't there to see them.... come watch, you'll be impressed, as is everyone who watches them!
Oh, and I don't know what your definition of REAL dance is, but these girls are REAL athletes, REAL dancers..... how dare you act like what they do is less than authentic....
Of course I am in the minority because half of the people in this thread either dance on the team or go to the school... as a matter of fact I have seen them dance, but I am also well versed in other dance teams. I am not saying they aren't good, because if you actually read my earlier post I said they were, but as far as being the best in the STATE (which is not just class A as some forget) your accomplishments become minor. Wow, so they make up their own routines, they aren't the only school. MY SISTER IS A DANCER!!!!! I UNDERSTAND THEY ARE REAL ATHLETES.. SHE IS ONE... but to claim you are the best after winning just one "National" title and county titles is really reaching. By the way what competition was it that you got your national championship.
Listen miss attitude.... I am NOT, repeat NOT from Phelps.... PHS stands for at least 6 schools in this area, I just admit talent when I see it.... get over yourself and let it go, this is one battle you can't win.... These girls have proven OVER and OVER that they can compete with anyone.... and, last time I checked, it was THREE national titles.... check your facts before you let your little envious streak show Smile Rock it out HORNETS! Make eastern Kentucky proud as ALWAYS!
cardinalfan27 Wrote:Of course I am in the minority because half of the people in this thread either dance on the team or go to the school... as a matter of fact I have seen them dance, but I am also well versed in other dance teams. I am not saying they aren't good, because if you actually read my earlier post I said they were, but as far as being the best in the STATE (which is not just class A as some forget) your accomplishments become minor. Wow, so they make up their own routines, they aren't the only school. MY SISTER IS A DANCER!!!!! I UNDERSTAND THEY ARE REAL ATHLETES.. SHE IS ONE... but to claim you are the best after winning just one "National" title and county titles is really reaching. By the way what competition was it that you got your national championship.

WHO said they HOLD just 1 national title??? NOT me.... Just 1 THIS year!!! and UH.... Jr. High is the county..... so don't go dogging the "younger" talent at PHS now.... My god.... why don't you tell us EXACTLY when you saw them dance... IF your so knowledgable on Phelps Dancers... and for your info.... MAY I add.... There are wwwaaayyyyyy too many members on this website for the dance thread to be entirely PHS fans or dancers.... if that was the case.... Damn.... we are doin good!!!!
you have yet to tell me what competition they went too... envious of what... My sister is an individual National Champion, and just won another one this year... what am I suppose to be envious of...
I am proud for your sister!! Great job.... but her being talented in no way means that there aren't other groups just as talented (and probably more so)! Congrats, though!
I assumed that you knew which NATIONAL title(s) they hold.... seeing as your the guru of dance.....
I saw them dance at KCC at the Mountain Classic and last year at WInterfest... it's not the fact that they aren't good, I said they were... but you people act like they are the only dance team in Eastern Kentucky and the state. I know my sisters team, Dance Etc., has more than there fair share of NC's... but no one ever gives them credit... and parading around here saying your the best when clearly you haven't seen other quality teams. Of course when you compare them to what is in the mountains you are probably one of the better teams, but I'm coming from an objective view, which many of you aren't, Phelps is only one of many good but not great squads in the state.

And don't mistake me saying that Dance Etc. is the greatest because they aren't, and you will never see me comparing them to 360 Dance, or Assumption, because they can't hold a candle to them. and yes 360 is a All-Star team, but Assumption is not, and they make up their own routines to... you should watch them on ESPN when it comes on.
Winterfest last year compares NOTHING to the improvements they have made.... do not speak of things you know nothing about! You have not seen them THIS year..... so drop it.... come watch them.... then tell me the same thing.... Their hip hop routine from this year has won choreography awards in EVERY competition they have entered.... watch it, then we'll talk, until then, drop it, you're out of your league, right 86?
Agreed 95..... Our girls are not only young but they are talented... to "assume" they are NOT one of the top dance teams in the state as well as NATION is not quite on the mark.... AS they have the trophies to PROVE it and BACK it.... come on down to Pike Central tomorrow night and watch them..... THEN you can make a judgement on just how PHS dancers look....

GO PHS DANCE!!!

and YEP.... I'm from PHELPS!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5