Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NBA Solidarity - BULLS#&^
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As we progress through the NBA Lockout and the battle between Millionaires versus Billionaires, we have already began cutting games out of the schedule. At minimum, the first two weeks have been wiped off the slate and from what was announced today, if an agreement is not made this week, games through Christmas will be cancelled.

The NBA Owners are wanting to trim the amount of the revenue sharing from 53% to 50%. Though I could care less, I do know that the companies that both you and I work for, do NOT SHARE 50% of their revenues with their employees. But, this is a talent lead industry, so if that is the market, so be it.

The NBA Players have said they are UNITED! They are standing up for what they believe in and they will NOT cave. The player reps have stated that they will sit the entire season to ensure that each and ever player and future players are taken care of. They are willing to sacrifice $2 BILLION in player salaries in order to protect those players are the low end of the salary scale! What do I say to that - BULLSHITTING LIARS!

So, the players have bended together to protect each other from the EVIL MONEY HUNGRY OWNERS! The top tier players have all came out and said that this is all about the younger guys and to make sure that they are protected. The Top tier guys have said they have made their money and this is NOT about them.......

....HMMM, so the top tier guys say the money is not about them! Well, it's those top tier guys who are signing for 6 game barnstorming tours that is in some cases, FIVE TIMES more than what the rookie and free agent salary scales are. So the top tier guys have found a way to make sure they do not lose a dime this season. They will play in pick-up games not to stay in shape, but to make millions of dollars - yet, this is solidarity! The top guys are protected and even if they get injured, their spots are secure forever. Yet, those rookies, free agents, or 12th man - those guys have no way to make a single dime! They sit out there with NO INCOME! They have to stay in shape, and play in controlled pick-up games not making a single dime and praying to god that they don't get injured, because and injury will END THEIR CAREER!

So, thank you to all of the top level guys from keeping the guys who have not banked enough money for a lifetime protected from the evil money hungry owners!
It's not only the owners fault, but some of these players like Rashard Lewis who is making a killing - and they suck! Some of the all-stars IMO should take pay cuts.. I'd be happy just to make a million in 5-10 years, alone a million in a month!
^ I really don't care who's fault it is, but I'm sick of the star athletes, who are saying this is for a greater cause are the ONLY one's who will make money - no owners, no concession workers, no parking lot attendant, no free agents, no television camera man, no...... JUST THE NBA SUPERSTAR!