Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County 22 - Breathitt County 14 (JV)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Estill County defeats Breathitt County for the 2nd time in 3 weeks.

JV Engineers finish the season with only 2 losses which both losses were very close.

Estill had games with Boyle County and Powell County that was canceled due to weather. This team should be a big part of Estill's varsity team next year.

8/22 - Montgomery County 40-0 (W)

8/29 - @ South Laurel 32-30 (L)

10/3 - @ Rockcastle County 16-6 (L)

10/10 - Breathitt County 44-6 (W)

10/17 - @ Morgan County 28-18 (W)

10/24 - Breathitt County 22-14 (W)
Looks like Estill will only get better and better.
^ from my understanding is that both losses should have been wins. Heard we had 5 fumbles in the South Laurel game which South Laurel scored on 3 of those fumbles.
Things are looking good for the Engineers football program!
Is this the second time Breathitt and Estill's JV has played each other?
This was the second time. Breathitt sent their Freshmen the first time and then they sent two of the 12 sophomores that play varsity. I don't think Coach Holcomb is really concerned enough to take a chance on getting one of his starters hurt by a fluke accident when they are preparing for a run to the state championship.
hs athletics fan Wrote:Is this the second time Breathitt and Estill's JV has played each other?

Yes. They met couple weeks ago. Estill won 44-6.

Heard Collins for BC was there but wasn't playing
Strikeout King Wrote:Heard Collins for BC was there but wasn't playing

He has a younger brother that plays JV so I would imagine that is why he was there.

Also from what I heard from the players today Estill's "JV" starters for this game were real similar to the Varsity starters that played against Breathitt earlier this year. Is Estill that young that Freshman and sophomores are playing a lot of Varsity??
Altro Cat Wrote:He has a younger brother that plays JV so I would imagine that is why he was there.

Also from what I heard from the players today Estill's "JV" starters for this game were real similar to the Varsity starters that played against Breathitt earlier this year. Is Estill that young that Freshman and sophomores are playing a lot of Varsity??

Breathitt got mad the last time we played them and started jawing about it, nothing against the Bobcats, they have some very nice players. I know some of Estill's players hope that Breathitt wins 3A this year. Estill has some freshmen that have to start varsity that plays JV but most of Estill's JV is the same JV they had last year.
Altro Cat Wrote:He has a younger brother that plays JV so I would imagine that is why he was there.

I Wouldn't say "real similar", Estill's skill players are young, and they are very talented. I can think of about four last night that may have seen some time at Breathitt at the beginning of the year. Breathitt brought a few more kids this time around, I heard mention there were four or five players the Estill boys hadn't seem before, no big deal, just getting some work for the younger guys who practice hard all year and deserve to get some action.