Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2012 Recruit DaJuan Coleman to announce his decision tomorrow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The University of Kentucky basketball staff is still pursuing several top prospects in the Class of 2012 and one of those players will make his decision on Tuesday.

Jamesville-Dewitt, N.Y., big man DaJuan Coleman will make his announcement at a 2:30 p.m. news conference Tuesday at his school.

The 6-foot-8 Coleman has narrowed his choice to Syracuse, Kentucky and Ohio State. He visited UK for Big Blue Madness and was at Syracuse last weekend.

Coleman is considered one of the top 20 prospects nationally in the Class of 2012. He led his high school team to the 2011 New York State Class A championship. He averaged 24.5 points and 14 rebounds as a junior.

UK has one commitment in the Class of 2012: Archie Goodwin.

http://seonekpreps.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=65
Syracuse has been recruiting him the longest, I'd give them a slight edge.
I hope UK made a big enough impact on the kid at Big Blue Madness. Where ever he goes, I wish him the best of luck. Go Big Blue!
He's needed because Davis and Jones are gone after this season!
Please pick Kentucky.
He chose Syracuse.

Oh well, lets go hard after Willie Cauley now.
Syracuse always had the edge because that is where he is from.
Yep, Cal knew it was going to be hard to rob him out of Syracuse's back yard.
Stardust Wrote:He's needed because Davis and Jones are gone after this season!

I agree, Jones and Davis are both gone after this year and Wiltjer will be our only big man and hes not really a low post presence. The remaining bigs in next years class is almost all committed and I fear we won't get any of them. I think we really need to go after Anthony Bennett who is the 3rd ranked PF. And I think Willie Cauley (5th ranked Center) is a must get. It looks as if Coach Cal's reign of having the #1 recruiting class is in jeopardy unless he pulls out some of his magic.
We could possibly struggle next year.
Hopefully the NBA quits all together and players come to play for an education and want to spend 4 years at UK.
I think its safe to say we'd be loaded then.

Cmon, NBA, just quit.
I think we could break our Draft record next year and get 6 first rounders if they all decide to leave school. Davis, Jones, Gilchrist, Lamb, Teague and Miller could all go in the first round of next years NBA draft. Man that would be a sad day for UK fans looking at what he have coming in next year.
In the Dribble Drive offense Cal don't have to have a dominate center. Just somebody that has a big body to set a lot of screens and a motor to board like crazy. Like Joey Dorsey, on Memphis's runner up team. Next year when UK don't have that many good bigs, we could see the true Dribble Drive offense again.
If we get Shabazz, we'll be fine.
Man.......