Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newport Central Catholic at Beechwood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wins and why?
I heard Beechwoods QB is hurt and probably out for the game and maybe rest of year. If this is true, could hurt them in this game and the playoffs.
Beechwood 35-31 with their QB. They lose 31-21 without him
Beechwood by 13
Beechwood crushes Ncc with their QB. They get exposed for the bad teams they've been playing(not entirely NCC's fault). If the QB doesn't play, the margin is less, but Beechwood still wins. I expect Beechwood to score in the high 30's to 17. Let's say 38-17 Beechwood. NCC hasn't played a decent team.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Beechwood crushes Ncc with their QB. They get exposed for the bad teams they've been playing(not entirely NCC's fault). If the QB doesn't play, the margin is less, but Beechwood still wins. I expect Beechwood to score in the high 30's to 17. Let's say 38-17 Beechwood. NCC hasn't played a decent team.
:lame:
If NCC comes out sluggish like they did against newport, lloyd, and holy cross, then they could be in trouble.

If NCC contains Vocke and keeps him from bustin out big plays, Beechwood could be in trouble.

I think NCC gets them in a close one, because when these 2 play, it's usually close
Beechwood - 40
NCC - 31
Ncc.
.............Common Opponents
Beechwood Newport Central Catholic
28 - 0.........Simon Kenton.............24 - 14
21 - 13........Holmes.....................35 - 20
69 - 26........Holy Cross - Cov........31 - 14
62 - 27........Dixie Heights.............42 - 13
180 - 66...................................132 - 61
..............margin

MY projection based on FREEMAN computer ratings
Rating..State Rank...Class Rank.......Team Name
33.4..........15........2(1A).........Beechwood
32.5..........17........1(1A).........Newport Central Catholic
Point spread Beechwood by 0
Beechwood Probability of Victory 52.0711408

Vocke and Nussbaum are impressive and may give NCC fits
This game will likely be very intense and could go either way
Last year the Tigers prevailed by 1 in triple overtime at Newport
That kick in the gluteal seemed to help NCC in the playoffs
except for Holy Cross, no one else kept up with NCC after that
should be a good game but I think NCCs 14 game win streak
comes to an end...BW by 10 (but I hope I'm wrong)
With the Beechwood qb out I like NCC but if the qb plays I like Beechwood
I'm a NCC fan and I'm going with NCC even though I think Beechwood has a better line and that usually wins the game. Obvious NCC QB is better Beechwoods RB is better and Beechwoods line is better, but NCC is close with there line and Hayes is more then just an average RB. If NCC prevents turnovers then this will be a great game. I have a feeling 44 for Beechwood will play QB and they are going to run the wildcat. I don't know how well he throws the ball, but he sure can run it and that might make beechwoods running game even more dangerous then what it already is. NCC has to contain Vocke from long runs and beechwood has to make Brady give Hayes the ball on the optoin plays. Bottom line is this could be another great game in the history of these two teams with the winner being the team with the fewest turnovers and penalties.
Great matchup, would be fun to watch. But it's hard to beat Beechwood at home. I'd have to give the Tigers the edge in a close one.
Newport Catholic 15-14.
I just wish they were both in the same class. NCC wouldn't have their last title if there were only 4 classes.
^ LOL, it is just so hard to take anything you say about NCC serious
Stardust Wrote:^ LOL, it is just so hard to take anything you say about NCC serious

They do have the alltime leader for coaching wins......and losses on their sideline. That's a lot of losses.
Wideleft01 Wrote:They do have the alltime leader for coaching wins......and losses on their sideline. That's a lot of losses.
:lame: :lame: :lame:
Cry about it!!!!!!
Wideleft01 Wrote:They do have the alltime leader for coaching wins......and losses on their sideline. That's a lot of losses.

It's a LOT of wins!
:eyeroll:
Wideleft01 Wrote:I just wish they were both in the same class. NCC wouldn't have their last title if there were only 4 classes.
Seriously?????? Get a life!!!!!
:Thumbs:And neither would Highlands !!!!!![HTML][/HTML]
Article in paper said Beechwood's QB (Davis I think) is out with a hair line fx of his collar bone. He is out until atleast the 2nd round of playoffs. Beechwood also has several other key injuries with several other starters doubtful to play. I am sure Beechwood will do everything they can to win, but I also look for them to try to heal some injuries to get ready for the playoffs.
1spiritedfan Wrote::Thumbs:And neither would Highlands !!!!!![HTML][/HTML]

Who do you think would have beat HHS last year if there were only 4 classes? HHS would not have been in the 4A class, so interested in what team besides a 4A team would have beat them?
sstack Wrote:Who do you think would have beat HHS last year if there were only 4 classes? HHS would not have been in the 4A class, so interested in what team besides a 4A team would have beat them?
If I'm not mistaken Highlands won the 5A title last year......My point was that Highlands would not have won that title last year if we only had a 4A system. It just gets kind of annoying listening to Wideleft always bragging about Highlands and ragging on NCC. I personally have nothing against Highlands, but that's why people can't stand some of Highlands fans!!! Why can't people just be happy for everyone who works their tails off to get what they deserve?!?!?!? Way too many haters, on here!! Well at least one I can think of....
Beechwood takes this one by TD.
1spiritedfan Wrote:If I'm not mistaken Highlands won the 5A title last year......My point was that Highlands would not have won that title last year if we only had a 4A system. It just gets kind of annoying listening to Wideleft always bragging about Highlands and ragging on NCC. I personally have nothing against Highlands, but that's why people can't stand some of Highlands fans!!! Why can't people just be happy for everyone who works their tails off to get what they deserve?!?!?!? Way too many haters, on here!! Well at least one I can think of....

I know what you meant. I said if it was a 4A system last year, Highlands would have been in 3A and not 4A, So who do you think would have prevented them form winning the title last year?
sstack Wrote:I know what you meant. I said if it was a 4A system last year, Highlands would have been in 3A and not 4A, So who do you think would have prevented them form winning the title last year?

Is it possible that they could have even been a 2A school. I forget what the student ratio used to be, but I thought over the past five years numbers have increased in other areas around the state. Where do they fall in 3A enrollment numbers (top - middle - bottom)
Stardust Wrote:Is it possible that they could have even been a 2A school. I forget what the student ratio used to be, but I thought over the past five years numbers have increased in other areas around the state. Where do they fall in 3A enrollment numbers (top - middle - bottom)

In 4A this year, they are the smallest school.
^ So its certainly feasible if there were only 4 divsions, HHS could be division 2? Scary!
Beechwood by 10