Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rockcastle County @ Montgomery County 10/28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who wins? Predictions? Comments?
RC
Rock should win, but I'm not sure they should be concerned with this game. Like Russell Co, they have no real benefit in this last game. So no need to risk injuries. I'd be working on the Marion Co game plan, and my second string would get a lot of playing time this coming Friday. I'd also be working on contained pass rush & pass defense, because whoever gets the opportunity to travel to LexCath, better be well versed in defending the pass. They don't run much beyond the goal line.
One benefit of playing Montgomery County is that they PASS THE BALL! Their QB has a pretty good stat line for a high school QB.

I would probably only start my defensive starters, but I would probably play 2nd string offense or just spread the time out very liberally. No benefit in a win and no real pain in a loss.
LWC Wrote:One benefit of playing Montgomery County is that they PASS THE BALL! Their QB has a pretty good stat line for a high school QB.

I would probably only start my defensive starters, but I would probably play 2nd string offense or just spread the time out very liberally. No benefit in a win and no real pain in a loss.

That is plenty of good reason for Rock to bring in the defense, but also an opportunity to bring in some players who might not have had a chance and perhaps find they have some good pass defenders that they've not used.

As I see it, unless Rock improves in this area they have very little chance of going past LexCath. Of course Saylor knows that better than I do.
^That is a good point as well. Hopefully Lex Cath drops the ball against Clay County.............A guy can hope can't he? Sad
Rock wins, and like you guys already said, they just need to work on the Lex Cath gameplan
Rock wins and rests the starters for the most part
LWC Wrote:^That is a good point as well. Hopefully Lex Cath drops the ball against Clay County.............A guy can hope can't he? Sad

Yeah, and I'm hoping we get by Mercer and then have about 6-INTs in Lexington to get another chance at that missed 2-point conversion in Mt. Vernon a few weeks ago.

McCameraMan Wrote:Rock wins, and like you guys already said, they just need to work on the Lex Cath gameplan

Well, they'll get Boyle of Knox before LexCath, but they need to be working on pass defense now.
I would say you see scout team early in this one win or not
rustyankle Wrote:I would say you see scout team early in this one win or not

Some do not know Rock very well because they will never ever not do everything in their power to win every game regardless of opponent or outcome. This is not the NFL where you rest kids. You cannot go into ball games worrying about getting hurt.
3wishes Wrote:Some do not know Rock very well because they will never ever not do everything in their power to win every game regardless of opponent or outcome. This is not the NFL where you rest kids. You cannot go into ball games worrying about getting hurt.

Sometimes you sacrifice the battle to win the War.
Rockcastle
laker20 Wrote:Sometimes you sacrifice the battle to win the War.

That sounds nice and all but in reality no Rock team is going to lay over and play JV to avoid getting hurt unless it is late in the game and the game is in hand one way or the other. Analogies do no matter, wins do.
laker20 Wrote:Yeah, and I'm hoping we get by Mercer and then have about 6-INTs in Lexington to get another chance at that missed 2-point conversion in Mt. Vernon a few weeks ago.

Well, they'll get Boyle of Knox before LexCath, but they need to be working on pass defense now.

True, I forgot about that
3wishes Wrote:That sounds nice and all but in reality no Rock team is going to lay over and play JV to avoid getting hurt unless it is late in the game and the game is in hand one way or the other. Analogies do no matter, wins do.

Yea, but I'll trade a win in October for a win in November anytime.
McCameraMan Wrote:Rock wins, and like you guys already said, they just need to work on the Lex Cath gameplan

NO, they need to be working on the marion county gameplan. No game in the playoffs can be overlooked. Rock went to knox central and thought it would be a cakewalk but were badly mistaken.
I'm pretty sure they are working on the MONTGOMERY County game plan right now. The ranks are pretty thin right now with some injuries and for other odd reasons. Some boys could use a week off, but, it isn't happening. I'm sure the coaches are working on the next game, but, they won't present it until the Saturday morning after the Montgomery County game. Like Three Wishes said, they never overlook anyone for the next team as far as directing the kids. They might do it themselves trying to prepare for the next games' strategy some, but, the kids won't hear about it. The game plan they had in place against Knox Central would have been sound IF KC had played like they had been playing all year against everyone else. Knox Central completely blew the entire teams mind with the spread and that was well played. By the time Rockcastle adjusted at halftime, it was already over. Right now all the coaches are talking about to this team though is Montgomery County. Be it smart or not, Montgomery will see all that Rockcastle has unless the game is in hand later.
papagrit Wrote:I'm pretty sure they are working on the MONTGOMERY County game plan right now. The ranks are pretty thin right now with some injuries and for other odd reasons. Some boys could use a week off, but, it isn't happening. I'm sure the coaches are working on the next game, but, they won't present it until the Saturday morning after the Montgomery County game. Like Three Wishes said, they never overlook anyone for the next team as far as directing the kids. They might do it themselves trying to prepare for the next games' strategy some, but, the kids won't hear about it. The game plan they had in place against Knox Central would have been sound IF KC had played like they had been playing all year against everyone else. Knox Central completely blew the entire teams mind with the spread and that was well played. By the time Rockcastle adjusted at halftime, it was already over. Right now all the coaches are talking about to this team though is Montgomery County. Be it smart or not, Montgomery will see all that Rockcastle has unless the game is in hand later.

I agree that you never let the team look ahead.........Never, but it's easy to say while we're working on the Mont. Co game plan we're going to work on the problems we suffered against Knox Central. The biggest problem with the game against KC was that their O-line was better than PCCs and Ours. So the pressure that Rock applied didn't consistently force Barger to rush, not to mention that the empty backfield took away Rocks outside rush.

As far as Marion goes, the game plan will pretty much be "play rock football". Marion only has 70 or so pass attempts on the year. So once Rock players understand their formation and some of the plays....Rock should Roll. The learning curve for that game will be minimal.

And, Tell those boys Laker20 said congrats on the district title (those dang 2-points in OT)
Go Rock
laker20 Wrote:Yea, but I'll trade a win in October for a win in November anytime.

Rock doesn't take games off, that is why our teams are different and why we have been to state before and you haven't, we dont take games off and rest kids. Oh yeah welcome to OUR district.
Montgomery County will use Senior Night to their advantage, coming out with a 4 point win
former Wrote:Rock doesn't take games off, that is why our teams are different and why we have been to state before and you haven't, we dont take games off and rest kids. Oh yeah welcome to OUR district.

There you go spewing needless crap out of your mouth again. If you think that posts like this are witty and humorous, you're mistaken. It just shows that you're just not that bright and very immature.

The route that Rock, Russell, and Knox will need to travel to get to state is unlike any that Rock has had to travel before. I assure you that if the coaching staff doesn't begin working on the holes in the secondary, if Rock gets to LexCath then they will be embarrassed much worse than they were by the Panthers. Rock should be more than capable of beating Montgomery Co with limited time from it's primary skill team, and an increase in play time for the back-up team will only make the team as a whole better.
Rockcastle-34
Montgomery Co-14
Montgomery County 21-18
I'm going with ROCK.
Montgomery 34- Rock -28 senior night for Montgomery a good time to pull the upset.
laker20 Wrote:I agree that you never let the team look ahead.........Never, but it's easy to say while we're working on the Mont. Co game plan we're going to work on the problems we suffered against Knox Central. The biggest problem with the game against KC was that their O-line was better than PCCs and Ours. So the pressure that Rock applied didn't consistently force Barger to rush, not to mention that the empty backfield took away Rocks outside rush.

As far as Marion goes, the game plan will pretty much be "play rock football". Marion only has 70 or so pass attempts on the year. So once Rock players understand their formation and some of the plays....Rock should Roll. The learning curve for that game will be minimal.

And, Tell those boys Laker20 said congrats on the district title (those dang 2-points in OT)
Go Rock

I appreciate the good sportmanship Laker. It is kind of a hollow championship to me though when you get beat like they did against Knox. Kind of like eating cornflakes without any sugar....and they've set there for half an hour in the milk which also got warm. Fills your belly, but, don't taste too good going down. I really kind of consider it more of a three way tie. Rockcastle got lucky because their situation fit into the tie breaker formula. Rockcastle actually may be less in the tie than KC and RuC because of the beating they took at KC. I don't know, but, I wish all of the teams from the district the best. There are things that I like about both of the other two teams.
Rockcastle County
Rock Rolls!
papagrit Wrote:I appreciate the good sportmanship Laker. It is kind of a hollow championship to me though when you get beat like they did against Knox. Kind of like eating cornflakes without any sugar....and they've set there for half an hour in the milk which also got warm. Fills your belly, but, don't taste too good going down. I really kind of consider it more of a three way tie. Rockcastle got lucky because their situation fit into the tie breaker formula. Rockcastle actually may be less in the tie than KC and RuC because of the beating they took at KC. I don't know, but, I wish all of the teams from the district the best. There are things that I like about both of the other two teams.

Well I guarantee that those warm milked bathed sugarless cornflakes will taste much better in Mt Vernon watching Marion Co than they would have in Title Town.

Hey, and there's a chance that we could all get rematches that may leave a better taste in the mouth afterwards. Then again.......
Pages: 1 2