Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County @ Walton-Verona 10/28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First ever meeting between the 2 schools.

Gallatin County is the only team that both Estill County and Walton-Verona have played.

Estill won 14-0 over Gallatin County in a Scrimmage.

Walton-Verona won 27-6

Other than a passing team I know nothing of Walton-Verona. Anyone have any info on them?

thoughts?
Strikeout King Wrote:First ever meeting between the 2 schools.

Gallatin County is the only team that both Estill County and Walton-Verona have played.

Estill won 14-0 over Gallatin County in a Scrimmage.

Walton-Verona won 27-6

Other than a passing team I know nothing of Walton-Verona. Anyone have any info on them?

thoughts?

estill better bring their a game walton a good team and has a good running game as well
Who wins and why?
WV by 6
MY projection based on FREEMAN computer ratings
Rating..State Rank...Class Rank.......Team Name
6.7..........90........12(2A).........Walton-Verona
-8.8..........154........22(2A).........Estill County
Point spread Walton-Verona by 15
Walton-Verona Probability of Victory 80.6%

IMO the Bearcats have been impressive in their transition to 2A
finishing second in their first year...WV by 3 TD
Estill should come away with a victory. Playing a tougher schedule throughout the year and it being their last game. I would assume they have something to prove.
Brutal Truth Wrote:Estill should come away with a victory. Playing a tougher schedule throughout the year and it being their last game. I would assume they have something to prove.

Don't count on it.
It was funny to listen to the guys working the chains from Estill Co. during the Estill/Garrard game last week. Sounds to me like they weren't too happy about the defense Estill was playing inside the 10 yard line. One of the chain guys announced late in the game that 'If we go with a goal line front down here, I'll buy everyone a steak dinner'...I thought that was pretty funny...
the players are getting out at 2:30 to eat and then get everything ready to leave about 3:30