Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morgan county 42 Magoffin county 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Morgan county is the #2 seed with a 42-18 win tonight over Magoffin county. Morgan county will host a first round playoff game for the first time ever in school history. Morgan county improves to 7-2 over all on the season.
Congratulations, Morgan County.
Congrats to Morgan County on the win and on a great season. Hornets came out and looked pretty good in the first half on offense, but the Cougars pulled away in the second half.
I thought Magoffin's team played hard and gave a great effort tonight. #27 for Magoffin is a good football player.
McCameraMan Wrote:Congrats to Morgan County on the win and on a great season. Hornets came out and looked pretty good in the first half on offense, but the Cougars pulled away in the second half.

As I said earlier, I like both teams and I hate it that one has to lose. Sounds like it was a good game though. It's hard to believe that Morgan Co. has never hosted a playoff game. I'm sure West Liberty will be alive that night.
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:As I said earlier, I like both teams and I hate it that one has to lose. Sounds like it was a good game though. It's hard to believe that Morgan Co. has never hosted a playoff game. I'm sure West Liberty will be alive that night.

Yeah, I was pleased with how the Hornets played early on. Just couldn't stop the Cougars on defense and they shot themselves in the foot a few times as well. Probably the best the Hornets clicked on offense almost all season.
It went pretty much like i thought it would, Magoffin gave Morgan a good game early on but Morgan was just to much to handle and pulled away in the 2nd half. It was a good game and the Hornets fought hard, congrats morgan on the win and a good season.
I'm glad it was a good game. Congratulations to Magoffin, too, for playing well.
Congrats Morgan
Solid win for the Cougars.
So Morgan will play Lawrence co in the first round. And Magoffin will play Pike Central at Pike.
Morgan and Magoffin both showed a ton of class after the game. Great job to all the players and coaches.
SlantStrong Wrote:Morgan and Magoffin both showed a ton of class after the game. Great job to all the players and coaches.

Agreed. I loved the group prayer after the game. A lot of class and respect was shown by both teams.
Congrats to the Morgan players and coaches. You all have worked really hard to get where your at. Keep it up you deserve it.
McCameraMan Wrote:Agreed. I loved the group prayer after the game. A lot of class and respect was shown by both teams.

That's the way it ought to be. And that just gives me more respect for both teams. Best wishes to both teams for the rest of the season and to the players and staff for the rest of their lives. :Thumbs:
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:That's the way it ought to be. And that just gives me more respect for both teams. Best wishes to both teams for the rest of the season and to the players and staff for the rest of their lives. :Thumbs:

Amen!:Thumbs: