Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Robbery in Russell Co
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lots of questionable calls late in this one!
LOL this is even less than a partial score.
Please elaborate
depends on your point of view
really hate to say it but the ball was not spotted correctly all night and what was flagged for personal fouls on one team was not consistent on the other.and imo there was no fumble on the last drive,ball was jerked out after dead.much more to complain about but it would not change the score or help.russell has a good team and didnt need this.we just have to accept 3rd in district and play through it.could these two meet again?
Are you saying that the visiting team didn't get the calls. Unheard of man. This must be the start of a new era.
28 points worth of blown calls?
Didn't take 28 only needed 6 more
We talking about Russell or Russell County?
How many posts until somebody gives a score and who was playing?
Must be Russell county
Russell County 28
Knox Central 22

Not a well officiated game but pretty consistent on both sides. Not very many flags flown.
Jesus. When will a team take a loss and just tip there hat to the other team? Why does it always have to be someone else fault?
If he's talking about the Knox Central @ Russell Co then he's crazy. The officiating lacked, but I don't think it had any impact on the outcome. I mean, the big difference was the turnovers created by the Lakers, and I don't recall the stripped shirts being involved on any of those.

Perhaps some more realistic and knowledgeable Panther fans will get on here and give their point of view. Let's see if they agree, I doubt it.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Jesus. When will a team take a loss and just tip there hat to the other team? Why does it always have to be someone else fault?

Knox was flag for over 90 yards

Russell 10 yards: flush::flush::flush:

just saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
highschoolfan Wrote:Knox was flag for over 90 yards

Russell 10 yards: flush::flush::flush:

just saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Knox had two personal fouls (each were easy calls) and should have possibly had a 3rd.

They had two pass interference calls. One was a blown call where Russell Co's player slipped on a cut and went under the KC defender. The other was an intentional grab by the KC defender, which was a great play because it saved a TD catch.

They had an offsides and a delay of game...both were must calls

So there is 70 of the 90, not sure what the other 20 were from off the top of my head.

The Lakers were called for offsides and a false start. Our players have had relatively low penalties all year because there taught discipline. If you notice we don't hit players out of bounds and we stop once plays are blown dead. You might also notice that between the play our guys help the other teams players off the ground and tell them when they made a good play. It's the Laker way.

Like I said, let's wait for some of the more realistic and knowledgeable Panther fans to weigh in.

Just sayin....
Good teams still find away to over come it and win and then other teams still like to whine about it to make themselves feel better.
CardinalAlum Wrote:Good teams still find away to over come it and win and then other teams still like to whine about it to make themselves feel better.

Good teams do find ways to over come it, and the Panther team did just that. It just so happened that the clock ran out while we had the lead.

However, I don't think it's the team that's whining about it. I don't remember anything coming from the Panther crowd other than the one blown Pass Interference call, and the coaching staff never really argued anything other than the typical coach working the refs stuff.

I think this is just a couple of guys who probably listened to the game on the WYWY radio and heard the game in a biased fashion rather than seeing it with their own eyes. This was a great game by two really good teams that really wasn't impacted by the officiating.
Surely someone from Knox is not complaining about officiating? Must be terrible knowing every ref in 3 states is out for your school!!!!
^lol.

Please football1, please bring some focus and a true perspective to this thread. You and Muney are two of my favorite KC posters, what do y'all think?
Knox just got out coached IMO.
:biglmao: quit crying over spilt milk.
whitley78 Wrote::biglmao: quit crying over spilt milk.

:biglmao::lmao:
Talking with some of the players and coaches earlier in the week, they wasn't (Knox) concerned about Russell Co. to much. Knox over looked the Lakers
redstorm Wrote:Talking with some of the players and coaches earlier in the week, they wasn't (Knox) concerned about Russell Co. to much. Knox over looked the Lakers

And scoring that quick touchdown as quick as we did only made matters worse. I think the kids really thought this would be an easy one.
well i guess its safe to assume that knox got the big head against rc regardless of what the refs did its a shame knox couldnt get that first district title though :dontthink
redstorm Wrote:Talking with some of the players and coaches earlier in the week, they wasn't (Knox) concerned about Russell Co. to much. Knox over looked the Lakers

I have to say, I experienced the same conversations. From talking to some of the kids and a couple of coaches I went in expecting a 2 TD or more win. Very disappointed in the outcome. I hope we can go to Boyle and make a good showing but I dread it!!!!
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:And scoring that quick touchdown as quick as we did only made matters worse. I think the kids really thought this would be an easy one.

And that served to wake the Lakers up, as I'm sure the 92-yard return on the resulting kick-off did for the Panthers.
William Muney Wrote:I have to say, I experienced the same conversations. From talking to some of the kids and a couple of coaches I went in expecting a 2 TD or more win. Very disappointed in the outcome. I hope we can go to Boyle and make a good showing but I dread it!!!!

If you all (Knox) take it to Boyle thinking like an underdog and coming out fighting like you did against us at Rockcastle....I'll give Knox a good chance to put one on Boyle. It'll be tough...but I sure give Knox a heck of a chance against Boyle if that is who they wind up playing.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Jesus. When will a team take a loss and just tip there hat to the other team? Why does it always have to be someone else fault?

Yeah really man...Knox Co fans bitch and make excuses more than any other fans I've seen pretty much. You ever think that there is a disparity in the penalties because the other team made less dumb mistakes? Obviously that's what happened...quite a few people have posted in this thread and all have said nearly the same thing, the game was called decently for the most part.
Pages: 1 2 3