Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 346
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well its now down in history, Coach Haywood and his Pirates set the state record in the state of Kentucky for all time wins,he has not had alot of d1 players,but he takes his players and makes them better men,beside just good football players..Congrats Coach
PCC just scored man.. Hang tight.. lol
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa partner.....
cuppett777 Wrote:well its now down in history, Coach Haywood and his Pirates set the state record in the state of Kentucky for all time wins,he has not had alot of d1 players,but he takes his players and makes them better men,beside just good football players..Congrats Coach

I don't think it's history until the game is over.
its over
cuppett777 Wrote:well its now down in history, Coach Haywood and his Pirates set the state record in the state of Kentucky for all time wins,he has not had alot of d1 players,but he takes his players and makes them better men,beside just good football players..Congrats Coach

The game is not offically over and Coach Haywood and his Pirates did not set the state record for all time wins. Belfry sets no record. Coach Haywood will apparently become the all-time coaching wins leader in KY, but some of his wins were at Prestonsburg.

You jumped the gun and missed the mark.
Congrats!
:1:
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:The game is not offically over and Coach Haywood and his Pirates did not set the state record for all time wins. Belfry sets no record. Coach Haywood will apparently become the all-time coaching wins leader in KY, but some of his wins were at Prestonsburg.

You jumped the gun and missed the mark.

i know where he is from, and he and his Pirates did set the record, he is not at P-burg anymore and hasnt been for around 28 yrs...most of the wins come at Belfry
cuppett777 Wrote:i know where he is from, and he and his Pirates did set the record, he is not at P-burg anymore and hasnt been for around 28 yrs...most of the wins come at Belfry

Buy books and send you to school and..............
Now the game is officailly over.
cuppett777 Wrote:i know where he is from, and he and his Pirates did set the record, he is not at P-burg anymore and hasnt been for around 28 yrs...most of the wins come at Belfry

BUT NOT ALL! It took all to get the record tonight, agree or disagree?
Congrats! Great accomplishment for Coach and Belfry
^ Hey man... YES... it did!

I am with you completely! Let me say this... and try to be as dramatic as is possible.....

I HOPE and ASK all Prestonsburg fans to enjoy this landmark. This is a part of your history too IMO. Join in guys. Haywood was a part of your history. Crap, if you asked Derrossett, I bet he is happy as can be.

This is a great night for mountain football, and IMO Prestonburg fans should be proud too.
I am a former player at Belfry High School and I've got to say this could not have went to a more deserving man. He is a selfless person who not only makes great football players but great men. Every single person who has had a chance to play for or just be in the presence of Coach cannot say that they aren't better for knowing him. So congratulations to you Coach!!! Best of luck for the rest of the season and a long happy life!!!
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:BUT NOT ALL! It took all to get the record tonight, agree or disagree?

agree,but what i am saying is his Pirates(he is coaching now)it took all wins to get there..
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ Hey man... YES... it did!

I am with you completely! Let me say this... and try to be as dramatic as is possible.....

I HOPE and ASK all Prestonsburg fans to enjoy this landmark. This is a part of your history too IMO. Join in guys. Haywood was a part of your history. Crap, if you asked Derrossett, I bet he is happy as can be.

This is a great night for mountain football, and IMO Prestonburg fans should be proud too.

I was very pleased with Coach Haywood even before he attained the record. He's a blessing and God has blessed him back and he'd tell you that if you discussed it with him.

I don't care if he got all his wins at Belfry. It's just been a pleasure to know him since he was a little boy and I'm happy to see his success.
Very proud to be apart of the record (84-88), Congrats Coach Haywood. Your a Great Human Being!!
lunaticfringe Wrote:Very proud to be apart of the record (84-88), Congrats Coach Haywood. Your a Great Human Being!!

98-02 myself
just watched the video that Sports Overtime did for Coach Haywood. current coaches from the area and explayers that gave him props,that was a nice clip.

Are you talking about all time wins by a coach? If so, who did he pass, was it NCC's Schneider?
sstack Wrote:Are you talking about all time wins by a coach? If so, who did he pass, was it NCC's Schneider?

Yes...Schneider and Bell's Dudley Hilton were tied at the top and Haywood just overtook them.
sstack Wrote:Are you talking about all time wins by a coach? If so, who did he pass, was it NCC's Schneider?

1. Yes
2. Yes, and also Bell County's (now UPike) Dudley Hilton. Before last night's game was won, it was a 3 way tie.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:http://www.kentucky.com/2011/10/22/19303...tates.html

Wonder where loss number 120 in that article came from? According to the KHSAA website, it's 119.
Pikeville — Belfry's Philip Haywood became the winningest football coach in state history Friday night when the Pirates beat host Pike County Central 52-20.

It was Haywood's 346th career victory, eclipsing the record he shared with retired high school head coaches Dudley Hilton and Bob Schnei der.

Hilton was among those on hand to congratulate Haywood Friday night and told him, "I'm glad to turn it over to you."

Haywood, who has tried to deflect attention from himself as he closed in on the record, was self-effacing after the milestone win.

"I'm glad to get it over with and get on with our season," he said. "But I think our kids were excited about it tonight."

So were the Belfy fans, who turned out in big numbers and held up "346" signs throughout the fourth quarter.

"I just thank God," Haywood said. "I've been blessed to have the longevity I've had and all of the great players, coaches and community support I've had.

"I'm a very fortunate guy to have had these opportunities."
Belfry didn't pull away from Pike Central until the second half. Josh Dixon led the breakaway with touchdown runs of 72 and 85 yards early in the third quarter.
This was a Philip Haywood kind of game. His Pirates rushed for almost 500 yards and did not complete a pass.

Pike Central quarterback Allen Boggs threw for more than 300 yards and three touchdowns. But Belfry (9-0) clinched the regular-season district title.
Haywood's overall record is 346-120. He is in his 28th season at Belfry, where he is 282-88. He previously coached nine years at Prestonsburg.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/10/22/19303...z1bYqs5AwJ
Congrats coach Haywood...
Congrats to Belfry Head Coach Philip Haywood for getting win #346 and becoming the winningest Head Coach among active head coaches at this time in the state of Ky. I was glad I could be at the game when the record was broken.. You are a very classy coach and you have great sportmanship,in my opinion you are 1 of the best if not the best HC in the state of Ky. and I'm so glad you are the HC for the Belfry Pirate football team because you are a great leader and a class act for these young men that play for your team each year !!!
CLASS ACT! Great Coach! Congrats Coach from your FRIENDS in Knott Co.
Congrats Coach Haywood. He seems to be a very classy guy and knows how to win games. Best of luck to the Belfry Pirates during the post season!
Great job Haywood. You deserve this honor!
Pages: 1 2