Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky a nine-point underdog?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
USA Today odds-maker Danny Sheridan said Tuesday that the Web site's college football odds listing that showed Jacksonville State as a nine-point favorite over Kentucky for Saturday's game was in error.

The nine-point line appeared on USA Today's site Monday and part of the day Tuesday before it was removed.

Normally, Sheridan does not make a betting line when an FBS school (in this case Kentucky) plays an FCS school (Jacksonville State).

"Definitely a mistake," Sheridan replied via Twitter to an inquiry about the line. "It should have been corrected. ... Thanks for bringing it to my attention."

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/10/18/19260...z1bNOJ7gM5
What I found funny in this was that they do not show odds in games between FCS & FBS, that is the error, not that the Cats are a 9 point dog....
^lol.
hahaha
I'd take UK+9.
^ It's apparently in Vegas.....
This J'ville state team is pretty loaded tho, idk if this uk team can pull it off or not.
I am always confused by that. Let's say the newspaper said UK+5 does that mean that UK should win by 5 or that the spread is UK has to win by 5 for a person to make money? So confusing for someone like me.
^ if UK is a +5, then they are a 5 point underdog. If they lose by 5 points then it is a push. If you see UK and -5 (which you probably wont see at UK while Joker is there, so you can quit reading now if you want) then UK is a 5 point favorite.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:^ if UK is a +5, then they are a 5 point underdog. If they lose by 5 points then it is a push. If you see UK and -5 (which you probably wont see at UK while Joker is there, so you can quit reading now if you want) then UK is a 5 point favorite.

Great way to dummy it down.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:^ if UK is a +5, then they are a 5 point underdog. If they lose by 5 points then it is a push. If you see UK and -5 (which you probably wont see at UK while Joker is there, so you can quit reading now if you want) then UK is a 5 point favorite.

Thank you that helps out a lot
:1:
Gotta go barney-style every now and then...

Let's go Cats!
Jacksonville State will beat the cats!!!!!
UK football is in a terrible state right now. I can't believe that Joker Phillips is keeping his job win or lose. We will never have a program unless the same level of excellence is expected as for the basketball cats.
IF you guys lose to Jacksonville State, who will be the first one to admit I was right when I refered to UK football as an oxymoron??????
nm