Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central 2 Perry Co Central 1 (Finals 14th Region)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LCC Volleyball wins the 14th Region for the 7th straight year! They beat PCC in a tough three set match. They will play next Friday at 10:15 AM vs the 8th Region. The tourney will be held at Bellarmine University in Louisville. Congrats to Emi Nichols on being named MVP of the tourney. Julie Cornett, Sierra Dixon, and Ari Nichols from LCC were on the All Tourney team.
Too close. I was on pins and needles. Glad to get win.
Far from being easy...congrats to PCC on a great season and tourney. The atmosphere was nice in the small gym...not accustomed to that at LCC.
LCC will play North Oldham

LCC (26-5)

North Oldham (28-8)
Thanks...I believe they are ranked #11 in state. We played South Oldham from their region earlier in the year and were defeated in two sets. North beat South in all their meetings this season I believe.
^ Your Welcome.
Congrats to the Lady Cougars on their seventh straight regional title!
Congrats to the Lady Cougars on winning another region. This definitely meets the definition of a dynasty as a Letcher County team has won the region for the past twelve years. Many of the Freshmen at LCC were only 1 year old the last time Letcher, Whitesburg, or Letcher Central didn't win the region. Next year will also be exciting as two of the ladies on the all tournament team and the tourney MVP return next season. Oh yeah, another regional title with all homegrown players.
Hey Orange, and UKIS1 I have a question. Are we ever going to get into AAU volleyball for the serious ones? I know these girls go through so many sports, but has Coach Caudill hinted around about the possibility? I think that will help us out so much if we get a AAU team, and have the one of the middle school coaches coach it or is Coach Caudill allowed to coach. I was under the impression high school coaches can't coach AAU.
They can coach a high school division AAU team, just not an all-star team with kids from other schools. I do not know how popular AAU volleyball is in Kentucky as the metro areas have club volleyball which is very popular there.
I am sure we can get some of these girl who is strickly volleyball to field a team. Who knows!
New rules this coming club season in KY allows high school coaches to coach their own players during club season. Previously, they could only do so of they had a daughter on the team.
Most clubs in KY are members of USAV, but also participate in AAU national tournaments. If you want to improve your volleyball teams, the girls need to play club. You also need to have programs at the elementary level. Catholic schools have kids playing in leagues from kindergarten age.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Hey Orange, and UKIS1 I have a question. Are we ever going to get into AAU volleyball for the serious ones? I know these girls go through so many sports, but has Coach Caudill hinted around about the possibility? I think that will help us out so much if we get a AAU team, and have the one of the middle school coaches coach it or is Coach Caudill allowed to coach. I was under the impression high school coaches can't coach AAU.
Our girls have been playing winter ball at the Sportsplex for the past few years. Not sure about the availability AAu..or club ball. It takes time and money to travel out of the region.