Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just wanted to say LOL thats all!!!
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:just wanted to say LOL thats all!!!

Stat padding anyone??
^That is what I have thought about these numerous random threads about lol's and snoop-doggie-dog, lol.
Least he has a cool name.

Sad
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Stat padding anyone??

Hey, whats wrong with that....:igiveup:
^ nothing at all
Dusty, everything.
^ Do they call it padding on Twitter? Facebook? Is it padding, and if it is, does it really matter? Does it hurt anyone? I'd rather see the traffic here than any other site out there. As goofy as people think this thread may be, guess what? It got posts! How many really good threads do we think we come up with and put on here to get ZERO posts? Well, look at my success. Sad I like that there was creativity with simplicity. As of this writing, 8 posts and 46 views. So pad away if that's what it's called.....
isn't life all about numbers? lol
bigben Wrote:isn't life all about numbers? lol

Shut Up! Now we start talking about AGE!!!!! Those are not good numbers after a point:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Shut Up! Now we start talking about AGE!!!!! Those are not good numbers after a point:biggrin:

Good point
On Facebook do they count the number of posts you make? On Myspace do they? Emails?

Many people just post to get to a certain number. To be blunt, you have some junk posts, and you know it, I have some as well. However, we both have quality posts.

Too often on message boards, this one is getting that way more and more, is becoming a rat race to see who can post so many times. We have threads about people hitting certain posts. I have been guilty of it, but you can't help but get excited when you get there. However, I have started looking through at how many of the "What song" "Person above you" "Animal alphabet" etc... posts people have out of their total number and it is staggering. We have posters with 3, 4, 5, 10,000+ posts that have little to no knowledgeable posts.

Some of the best posters on here have less than 3,000 posts but almost all of them are quality. Also, some of our best have 15,000+. Too many people are trying to reach a certain number when it should be about providing quality to the site. As I have already said, many of us, including myself are guilty of crap posts, heck, I even created 2 or 3 of those posting-game-threads, and I have been known to post scores of teams that it SEEMS like nobody wants to know about on the girls basketball forum.

One key thing to note though as the fact of the matter is, the game posts like the alphabet game and people like me and you that posts 20-30+ times per day, keep people on this site, and you would think more traffic means more advertising and traffic dollars for the site. Maybe it doesn't, you would just figure it would.

Posting just to build numbers is ignorant and wrong. Posting to have fun or create discussion is great. If you can, honestly, have fun posting "lol" as a thread or create 3 or 4 different accounts or post "congrats" on every game thread, enjoy. I enjoy posting about all different kinds of things, but I honestly never notice my number of posts unless the number of stars change or someone lets me know it is happening. I had just as much fun when I had 8 posts as when I hit 8,000.
LWC Wrote:On Facebook do they count the number of posts you make? On Myspace do they? Emails?

Many people just post to get to a certain number. To be blunt, you have some junk posts, and you know it, I have some as well. However, we both have quality posts.

Too often on message boards, this one is getting that way more and more, is becoming a rat race to see who can post so many times. We have threads about people hitting certain posts. I have been guilty of it, but you can't help but get excited when you get there. However, I have started looking through at how many of the "What song" "Person above you" "Animal alphabet" etc... posts people have out of their total number and it is staggering. We have posters with 3, 4, 5, 10,000+ posts that have little to no knowledgeable posts.

Some of the best posters on here have less than 3,000 posts but almost all of them are quality. Also, some of our best have 15,000+. Too many people are trying to reach a certain number when it should be about providing quality to the site. As I have already said, many of us, including myself are guilty of crap posts, heck, I even created 2 or 3 of those posting-game-threads, and I have been known to post scores of teams that it SEEMS like nobody wants to know about on the girls basketball forum.

One key thing to note though as the fact of the matter is, the game posts like the alphabet game and people like me and you that posts 20-30+ times per day, keep people on this site, and you would think more traffic means more advertising and traffic dollars for the site. Maybe it doesn't, you would just figure it would.

Posting just to build numbers is ignorant and wrong. Posting to have fun or create discussion is great. If you can, honestly, have fun posting "lol" as a thread or create 3 or 4 different accounts or post "congrats" on every game thread, enjoy.

Honestly, I don't take this serious enough to care that much. I love this and if there are others that love it as much as I do, I want them to do EXACTLY what is fun for them. To get hung up on posts counts is too short lived. I've survived all the bashing, yet here I am. And for those that get started here and want to run up post counts just to run them up - well, they get bored after a few months and the leave the site. I think for you to seriously worry about things like the quality of the posts on a FREE site, is just not realistic. We could all find our way back to the site that we cannot say:biggrin: We get idiots on here, and I don't claim to be too far from them. And then we get the great minds. I'm positive that all of us has gotten on someone elses nerves about something. I'm pushing 50K with an awful lot of, well AWFUL posts in there. I might drop a decent one in from time to time, but my staying power cannot be denied. I'm getting every single dimes worth of value that I pay into my monthly membership fees:Thumbs:
^Brother, I don't lose an ounce of sleep over it, but it sure is fun to complain about. :Thumbs:
Your signature is my answer to your opinion.......

lol / j/k
Stardust Wrote:Hey, whats wrong with that....:igiveup:

Oh, nothing at all Dusty. Nothing at all.

:dudecomeon:
LWC Wrote:^Brother, I don't lose an ounce of sleep over it, but it sure is fun to complain about. :Thumbs:

Come on my friend, you know me - if you would have taken up the argument that you love post padding, what direction do you think I would have went then.....:Clap:
MisterPerfect Wrote:Oh, nothing at all Dusty. Nothing at all.

:dudecomeon:

LOL, and I can tell stories about you.....:biglmao: j/k
the way i look at it when ur on the Off Topic the thread you can have junk post, but on the sports threads you should try and not post junk. Because most people get on here for sports
^True Dusty.

You just had to prove me wrong from the VIP thread when I showed that you average 40+ posts per day over 4 years, today as of right now, have 92! :eek:
bigben Wrote:the way i look at it when ur on the Off Topic the thread you can have junk post, but on the sports threads you should try and not post junk. Because most people get on here for sports

No, I don't disagree with you, it's exactly what we pay for.....
LWC Wrote:^True Dusty.

You just had to prove me wrong from the VIP thread when I showed that you average 40+ posts per day over 4 years, today as of right now, have 92! :eek:

And half of them are arguing with people like you about senseless stuff.....Confusednicker:
Stardust Wrote:LOL, and I can tell stories about you.....:biglmao: j/k

:notbad:

How much money do you want? lol
Stardust Wrote:And half of them are arguing with people like you about senseless stuff.....Confusednicker:

Senseless FUN get it right Wink Big Grin
Stardust Wrote:And half of them are arguing with people like you about senseless stuff.....Confusednicker:

I do get my money worth every day :Thumbs:
Pretty soon Post Padding is going to be recognized as a serious terminal illness by the FDA.
Im not sure on the reat of death, but its looking bad for some.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Stat padding anyone??

actually i was just bored! sorry this upset you kind sir!!!:igiveup:
bigben Wrote:isn't life all about numbers? lol

The number of Pokemon you catch.
Aslan Wrote:The number of Pokemon you catch.

Young buck! lol
Pages: 1 2