Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2012 Miss Basketball?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who and why?
Not sure but my bet is on one of the girls from Marion County or DuPont Manual.
Who? Kendall Noble
Why? She has done more for her teams than any senior I can think of.
Sydney Moss (Boone County) and April Wilson (DuPont Manual) should be the top two candidates. Kendall Noble (Perry County Central) and Bre Elder (Marion County) are also in the hunt for Miss Basketball.
It's Sydney Moss's to lose. She has the name, the team and the media all behind her - but more importantly she is the best player in the state. I've watched this young lady, and she could start on the Rebels boys team!
Sydney Moss is the best player in Kentucky. She will most likely also be a McDonald's All-American. I saw her a lot this summer, she is an amazing athelete.
http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2011/5/3/21...s-recruits

Meanwhile, women's basketball coach Amanda Butler announced that Boone County (Kentucky) junior forward Sydney Moss has verbally committed to play for the Gators for the 2012-13 season. Moss is the daughter of NFL wide receiver Randy Moss. Florida basketball has a history of recruiting the offspring of professional athletes, with Joakim Noah, Al Horford, and Taurean Green.

We can only hope that Moss pans out as well for the Gators as those former players. Moss is considered by many to be the best returning player in the State of Kentucky for the 2011-12 season. Moss averaged 22.6 points and 10.8 rebounds per game as a junior.
I forgot about Sydney. I do believe this though, if Boone County doesn't win that region she will not get it. There are so many other D-1 players on very good teams that if her team slips up, she may lose it.
^ Boone is the class of the 9th Region and they have a very solid supporting cast around her.
^They were last season as well but.................NCC proved them wrong Wink If that happens this season, I don't know if she gets it. If she is a McDonalds All-American, she will probably get it anyway, but wins matter.
bhamgirl Wrote:Sydney Moss is the best player in Kentucky. She will most likely also be a McDonald's All-American. I saw her a lot this summer, she is an amazing athelete.

Moss gets Miss Basketball she is the best player in Kentucky's 2012 class by far, but don't know that she'll be a McDonald's All-American hope she gets it.
Moss, she's just absolutely unbelievable on the court. She has all the tools of winning it.
bluegrass nation Wrote:Moss gets Miss Basketball she is the best player in Kentucky's 2012 class by far, but don't know that she'll be a McDonald's All-American hope she gets it.

i havn't see her play. i have heard alot about her. if she is better then noble(PCC) she must be a hell of a player.
Stardust Wrote:It's Sydney Moss's to lose. She has the name, the team and the media all behind her - but more importantly she is the best player in the state. I've watched this young lady, and she could start on the Rebels boys team!
I agree, I also watched Sydney play several times this summer. She was the best player on the states best AAU team. Miss Basketball is hers to lose
Definitely going with Sydney Moss to be 2012 Miss Basketball. She has already committed to Florida. And she is a heck of an athlete. It also doesn't hurt having former NFL star Randy Moss as your dad.
Moss is far and away the best player in the state.
I would love to see Kendall Noble win it.
king360 Wrote:I would love to see Kendall Noble win it.

It is Moss's to lose.
WALL2WALL Wrote:It is Moss's to lose.

Moss is the best basketball player at Boone County and top 5 in NKY, boys included.

I do believe if Boone doesn't win the region, it will be pretty tough for her to win it. Look at Chane from Bowling Green last year, McDonalds All-American, but didn't win Mr. Basketball
gayheart from owen county
From the Louisville Courier-Journal: (1st place votes in parentheses)

Player, school Ht. Yr. PPG College choice

1. Sydney Moss, Boone County (34) 5-10 Sr. 23.0 Florida
2. Makayla Epps, Marion County (13) 5-11 Jr. 16.0 Louisville
3. April Wilson, Manual (7) 5-7 Sr. 6.9 Purdue
4. Kyvin Goodin-Rogers, Marion County 6-1 Jr. 11.0 Louisville
5. Kendall Noble, Breathitt County (2) 5-11 Sr. 19.0 N/A
6. Jenna Crittendon, Ryle 5-10 Sr. 14.0 Xavier
7. Bre Elder, Marion County 5-9 Sr. 14.0 Dayton
8. China Dow, Christian Academy (1) 5-10 Jr. 16.0 N/A
9. Kara Wright, Manual 5-10 Sr. 9.4 SE Missouri St.
10. Ashton Feldhaus, Madison Central 5-11 Jr. 12.0 N/A
11. Megan Pittman, Casey County 5-11 Sr. 14.0 Coastal Carolina
12. Kayla Styles, Manual 6-1 Jr. 4.4 N/A
13. Jasmine Whitfield, South Oldham 5-11 Sr. 20.9 Cincinnati
14. LeAsia Wright, Manual 5-7 Sr. 9.4 N/A
15. Kelsey Adwell, Pleasure Ridge Park 5-8 Jr. 13.4 N/A
16. Rianna Gayheart, Owen County 5-7 Sr. 16.0 Northern Kentucky
17. Larryn Brooks, Madison Central 5-5 Jr. 13.0 N/A
18. Kayla Rankin, Perry County Central 6-0 So. 17.5 N/A
19. Caylan Bybee, Monroe County 6-1 Sr. 19.3 N/A
20. Javonna Layfield, Ballard 5-10 So. 18.0 N/A
21. Serena Sandusky, Bryan Station 5-8 Jr. 16.0 Butler
22. Ashli Mayes, Franklin County 5-10 Sr. 16.3 Samford
23. Micah Jones, Green County* 5-8 Sr. 15.8 Western Kentucky
24. Aareon Smith, Butler 5-10 Jr. 11.1 N/A
25. Katelyn Newsome, Sheldon Clark 5-8 Jr. 13.5 N/A
* - Sat out last season with knee injury; stats from sophomore season.
Note: Owensboro Catholic junior Becca Greenwell received 21 first-place votes but will miss the season with a knee injury.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...t|Sports|s

Moss with more votes for No. 1 than all other competitors combined. 60% of total votes.
Gayheart?? Seriously! She is not even in the same conversation with Moss, or any other Miss Basketball contender. Moss really has no competition if she stays healthy. Now if Greenwell was healthy and in the class of 2012 there might be some competition. But Gayheart?? She is #16 in coaches' poll. Good player but definately a good division II player or low division I player. Moss is an elite player.
bhamgirl Wrote:Gayheart?? Seriously! She is not even in the same conversation with Moss, or any other Miss Basketball contender. Moss really has no competition if she stays healthy. Now if Greenwell was healthy and in the class of 2012 there might be some competition. But Gayheart?? She is #16 in coaches' poll. Good player but definately a good division II player or low division I player. Moss is an elite player.

we will see. gayheart is an elite player to