Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville Central @ Larue County 10/21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LaRue comes into the game 5-3. Larue beat E-Town 57-44 and Central easily beat them. I say Central Takes this one easy.

Central-64
Larue-14
Black and Yellow.
Wales for 300 yards
LaRue is a hard nosed team but doesn't have the speed to contain Central, Wales carries about 10 times for around 200 yards in a quick night for him.
Central wins this one easy. Central is in a very weak district.
Central wins big in this one with Wales having a huge game
Central wins big
Central wins easily
Central is one of the Top 3 teams in the state. They name the score.
Central 52 Larue 21
This one wouldn't surprise me if it got a little bit interesting and wouldn't surprise me if Wales has another 300+ yard, high scoring game as they have done many times over the last four years, either.. Larue County is very much like some of their geographical neighboors in Green and Edmonson Counties. Hard nosed, sound, yet never overly talented.

I saw where Larue had a win over a Warren East team who blasted 3A Top 10 Monroe, played Franklin-Simpson to the wire and also had a win against Allen County-Scottsville. Then Larue had a loss to a Spencer County team who had a 19 game losing streak and had a shoot out with E-town?

Wales and his Central counterparts seem to keep doing what they have done the past few years.

I know this much, I can't wait for the Bell/Central region final match up.
Amped 88 Wrote:Central wins this one easy. Central is in a very weak district.

I've noticed over the past four years how this is becoming a very unfortunate trend throughout all classifications in the new 6A bull.
Central by as many as they want.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I've noticed over the past four years how this is becoming a very unfortunate trend throughout all classifications in the new 6A bull.

Very true.
There is not a district in the entire state where Central couldnt at least be runner up , all classes included.
I agree this 6 class system seems to allow for 2 good teams in a district at the most and you have 1,2, or 3 wins teams entering the playoffs which IMO is crap. For example in class 2A Region 2 Clinton Co. will have to travel all the way to Louisville Christian academy with an 0-10 record to get destroyed. Metcalfe Co. will have to travel to DeSales/Bardstown with a 1-9 record to get the same treatment as Clinton. I'm sure there also more examples thoughout the state of this as well.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:I agree this 6 class system seems to allow for 2 good teams in a district at the most and you have 1,2, or 3 wins teams entering the playoffs which IMO is crap. For example in class 2A Region 2 Clinton Co. will have to travel all the way to Louisville Christian academy with an 0-10 record to get destroyed. Metcalfe Co. will have to travel to DeSales/Bardstown with a 1-9 record to get the same treatment as Clinton. I'm sure there also more examples thoughout the state of this as well.

How about E'town to Bell Co in rd. 1??????? Can you get from E'town to Bell Co.?
William Muney Wrote:How about E'town to Bell Co in rd. 1??????? Can you get from E'town to Bell Co.?

If you think that's bad, try Henry County to Bell County, which could be the case if E-town wins Friday.

Nonetheless, it's a crock. Potential 3+hr bus rides for opening round playoff games is a joke.
I would bet the school that doesn't get to make the bus ride would gladly trade places with any school that finds it to be a problem.
louisville Central with the win!
That's only a 4 team district. Everybody goes, as is the case with all but a handfull or two of schools across 6 classes. There's always a couple 4 seeds that have realistic chances of knocking off #1 seeds; happens every year.
Central by 24.....
Central 38-7.
Harry Doyle Wrote:If you think that's bad, try Henry County to Bell County, which could be the case if E-town wins Friday.

Nonetheless, it's a crock. Potential 3+hr bus rides for opening round playoff games is a joke.

I totally agree something has to be done about this playoff system makes no sense for E Town or Henry to travel 3+ hours to Bell Co. to get crushed and a running clock in the first half
Central rolls by at least 4 TDs.