Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: James Storm, new TNA World Champion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You have got to be kidding me! TNA has completely lost their grip. They have given James Sotrm the title, with the obvious direction of having a program between Storm and Roode. They build Roode and then do a screwjob finish, and now this crap! You have got to be kidding!

We will see it play out on Thursday's show!
I do like Storm and all, but it just doesn't make sense after the huge build Roode got.

Obviously they are going to build for a Storm/Roode feud, which could be good if done right.

A jealous Roode going after Storm.
J-Rod Wrote:I do like Storm and all, but it just doesn't make sense after the huge build Roode got.

Obviously they are going to build for a Storm/Roode feud, which could be good if done right.

A jealous Roode going after Storm.

It's TNA, I have no confidence that this will happen
I am a big Storm fan. I watched him cut his teeth in the Nashville/Columbia area about 10 years ago. He is another young guy that "paid his dues" and has sacrificed. I am glad to see him be successful, but I don't know that he is the right guy for this spot. I've heard around the way that Hogan really likes him and that probably played a role in it. Not sure that I think he can carry the company, but I am glad that he gets the opportunity.
James Storm is deserving of this he is very talented wrestler in ring and in promos
Guys, I'm a James Storm fan as well, but you would book this now after all the build-up for Roode. Roode will eventually be the champion, but this should have gotten the payoff on Sunday. Angle is leaving to begin his training, so why not put the strap on Roode now! Let him battle it out with other guys to make him a legit champion. I'm confident that the thinking was that this will make Roode even more endearing to the fans, but this was just plain poor booking!
It wasn't fair at all to build up Roode for him not to win the title then turn around and give it to his best friend. TNA is getting more dumber by the second
SK, that's my whole point. Why do this program with Roode only to have no payoff. Not many on here may remember the program that NWA did 20 years ago with the "Flair for the Gold" with Rick Flair. There was so much build-up and drama that do do anything other than give the title to Flair would have been ridiculous. Similar with the recent program of Mark Henry. Henry was tagged as the 17 year veteran who has finally put it all together and he is finally getting his chance. The payoff was Henry getting the title and making all of the effort worthwhile. Had they not given the title to Henry, he would have looked like a failure and gone back to obscurity in the fans eyes. I'm afraid that is going to happen to Roode. In the fans eye, Roode could not do what champions do, and that is find a way no matter what to pull out the win! Instead, all of the heat that was build up is transferred to Angle, because he as a true champion - found a way to win no matter what! Angle looks like the true champion for being smart enough to stay champion!
I like Roode. I like Storm. But for what TNA has pulled is pure stupidity. If I was him I'd go somewhere else and wrestle, for building him up only to be screwed out of the title. Is there something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about?

Speaking of TNA what has happened with Suicide? Why does he come and go? It'd be nice if my favorite TNA Wrestler would stick around
I agree with Roode getting screwed over, but I don't think leaving would be the answer. I can't see WWE signing him and pushing him as a major talent. His best bet would be to stay with TNA and work his tail off to turn this push into something.

The behind the scenes stuff from what I have heard is that Hogan is high on Storm and that is how this came about. Not sure that it is true, but that is the current rumor floating around.
^ Roode could make it work in WWE. I think they could give him a new gimmick. I honestly believe they could do something Ric Flair like. He has the body to look legit. He has the skill to poor wrestlers look great. He can take bumps. I think he could pull off the pompous and confident wrestler, in the long flowing robe, $1,000 suits and sunglasses for his interviews and even put a woman at his side. I truly believe he could make it work!
worker1 Wrote:I agree with Roode getting screwed over, but I don't think leaving would be the answer. I can't see WWE signing him and pushing him as a major talent. His best bet would be to stay with TNA and work his tail off to turn this push into something.

The behind the scenes stuff from what I have heard is that Hogan is high on Storm and that is how this came about. Not sure that it is true, but that is the current rumor floating around.

See my post and let me know if you don't think the Ric Flair-like gimmick could work. I'm not talking about the "over the top" Flair, but the cocky, arrogant Flair. Put in a little of the low tone arrogance of the Harley Race interview style and I think you have a winner!
He earned it. But he is not a world champion. He is a tag wrestler, one of the best there is at it. But he is not a world champion
Big Dust, I just don't know if Roode could pull it off in the WWE. He is, without question, good enough in the ring and has a good build. The biggest concern for me would b that Vince will not push a guy that TNA made. It would be more l likely that Vince would bring him in and squash him just to make TNA look minor league (although TNA does a good job of that on their own). With all of that being said, I think Roode would be a great guy to do some of those long lost vignettes on and build him up, but I just can't see Vince doing it. Roode would be more of a Mr. Perfect type to me, which is basically what you said with the cocky, but not over the top Flair idea. I see him as more of a Henning meets Arn Anderson type with the talking to you not at you interview style that AA made work so well.
worker1 Wrote:Big Dust, I just don't know if Roode could pull it off in the WWE. He is, without question, good enough in the ring and has a good build. The biggest concern for me would b that Vince will not push a guy that TNA made. It would be more l likely that Vince would bring him in and squash him just to make TNA look minor league (although TNA does a good job of that on their own). With all of that being said, I think Roode would be a great guy to do some of those long lost vignettes on and build him up, but I just can't see Vince doing it. Roode would be more of a Mr. Perfect type to me, which is basically what you said with the cocky, but not over the top Flair idea. I see him as more of a Henning meets Arn Anderson type with the talking to you not at you interview style that AA made work so well.

I agree, I'm just stating what of how I think Roode could be booked. I think the advantage that Roode would have that other's don't is that he has never set foot into the WWE. HHH is having more influence, so it would be more of a matter of selling HHH in order to help get the push past Vince.
The way I see it, TNA didn't think Roode quite deserved the rub in taking the title off of Angle at a PPV. Whether it was Hogan whining to the powers that be that Roode isn't the man yet, or look at this another way...maybe Angle wasn't comfortable dropping the strap to Roode, for whatever reason.

I see Storm being a transitional champion. TNA used Storm to get the strap off of Angle and kickstart the fued between Storm & Roode. More than likely TNA will drop the ball on this one and this fued will fizzle out pretty quick.

Storm has paid his dues, but I have a hard time seeing him as the face of TNA. His World Title reign will be short....as will Roode's when he's given a chance to run with the title.