Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: RUMOR?-Hank Williams JR. and Tim McGraw to Expo Center 4 hillbilly days !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is still a rumor till I hear it from someone else ! But I heard it from my brother and he heard it from a Pikeville City Policman ! And there signing another person to come to it may be Kenny Chesney !!!
That would be awesome!
I hope it's true!
I've known that Hank Jr. would be there for Hillbilly Days but didn't know who would be with him...If that's true then that's huge...Tickets would be a fortune..
Keep Us Updated!!!!!
sounds great
Oh my goodness..thats awful!
I'll try to find something out on this. The Expo Center has something scheduled called Hillbilly Havoc or something like that durning Hillbilly Days. I hope this turns out to be true because it would be awesome. I just don't know if Tim McGraw or Kenny Chesney would come to Pikeville to play in a arena that only seats 7,000 but I hope they do indeed come to the best festival in Eastern Kentucky.
wow
PHSFAN Wrote:I'll try to find something out on this. The Expo Center has something scheduled called Hillbilly Havoc or something like that durning Hillbilly Days. I hope this turns out to be true because it would be awesome. I just don't know if Tim McGraw or Kenny Chesney would come to Pikeville to play in a arena that only seats 7,000 but I hope they do indeed come to the best festival in Eastern Kentucky.
Hillbilly Havoc is scheduled for April 15...Hillbilly Days is April 20-22nd.
fox sports Wrote:Hillbilly Havoc is scheduled for April 15...Hillbilly Days is April 20-22nd.

My bad...I just figured it was during Hillbilly Days. What is Hillbilly Havoc and have you heard anything about any concerts during Hillbilly Days?
PHSFAN Wrote:My bad...I just figured it was during Hillbilly Days. What is Hillbilly Havoc and have you heard anything about any concerts during Hillbilly Days?
I've heard nothing but rumors about Hillbilly Days...no contracts yet....Hillbilly Havoc is supposedly some type of gladiator type fighting...the real deal according to some folks I know.
1. From what I know Hillbilly Havoc has nothing to do with Hillbilly Days and concerts.

2. Certain acts won't get a contract anytime soon because they asked WAY too much money to come, if the contract went through at their asking price then tickets would be over $100 each at the gate, not counting what scalpers would sale them for. [Can't mention names there.]

3. Hank is supposed to come during Hillbilly Days..not heard anything about anyone coming with him.

That's all that I can think off from the top of my head. One of my family's close friends is reallllly good friends with Donna Damron and well, we all know that she is a head honcho down there.
i cant wait
I've heard it will be Hank, Big and Rich, and Gretchen Wilson
ALLSPORTFAN Wrote:I've heard it will be Hank, Big and Rich, and Gretchen Wilson

I hope your right that would be one hell of a show!
thetribe Wrote:1. From what I know Hillbilly Havoc has nothing to do with Hillbilly Days and concerts.

2. Certain acts won't get a contract anytime soon because they asked WAY too much money to come, if the contract went through at their asking price then tickets would be over $100 each at the gate, not counting what scalpers would sale them for. [Can't mention names there.]

3. Hank is supposed to come during Hillbilly Days..not heard anything about anyone coming with him.

That's all that I can think off from the top of my head. One of my family's close friends is reallllly good friends with Donna Damron and well, we all know that she is a head honcho down there.
I thought someone else was over the Expo Center now. I know for a while Donna was over it, but someone else is now.
bballcrazee Wrote:I thought someone else was over the Expo Center now. I know for a while Donna was over it, but someone else is now.

Donna is still the executive director and the top person in line at the Expo...they do have a new general manager that took over a month or two ago but I think he is just here until someone else is hired fulltime.
I believe Donna D is the executive director who manages the expo for the EXPO center board...The GM is an employee of SMG, the management company who handles operations of the EXPO.
Any and all of the acts mentioned would be great! I would love to see Kenny Chesney Tim McGraw, etc.
fox sports Wrote:I believe Donna D is the executive director who manages the expo for the EXPO center board...The GM is an employee of SMG, the management company who handles operations of the EXPO.

I believe that is how it works...
ALLSPORTFAN Wrote:I've heard it will be Hank, Big and Rich, and Gretchen Wilson

That's hilarious. Smack whoever told you that AllSport. Not to be a smartass but this would be impossible, to get all three of those acts at one time would cost ohhh in the neighborhood of $400,000 dollars and wellllll tickets would have to be sold at around $300 each....yea, I'm sure they would sell the Expo Center out on the first day.
thetribe Wrote:That's hilarious. Smack whoever told you that AllSport. Not to be a smartass but this would be impossible, to get all three of those acts at one time would cost ohhh in the neighborhood of $400,000 dollars and wellllll tickets would have to be sold at around $300 each....yea, I'm sure they would sell the Expo Center out on the first day.

Actually 6,000 tickets at $300 each would end up being $1,800,000, but I do agree that a concert of that magnitude would cost way too much....

If that happened to be $400,000 then tickets could sale for just under $70, plus the alcohol sales at the EXPO would bring in a few more thousand bucks...To put it over pretty comfortably over the 400k mark...
I think it's a little much but very much possible. Think about the Charleston Convention Center. It's basically Pikeville's center. They get these big names in there year after year so I wouldn't say these people would be impossible to get. And trust me, you get Chesney and McGraw in Eastern KY and ppl will pay 70-80 bucks for a ticket.
blackcatfan4life Wrote:I think it's a little much but very much possible. Think about the Charleston Convention Center. It's basically Pikeville's center. They get these big names in there year after year so I wouldn't say these people would be impossible to get. And trust me, you get Chesney and McGraw in Eastern KY and ppl will pay 70-80 bucks for a ticket.

I know I would..and look how many people spent those high prices on tickets to spend their New Years at Lynyrd and 38 Special...I say we could get any act we wanted to come in here and people would surely pay for it...I know I would pay under $100 to see my favorite band/singer..
Yeah cuz if you think about it, Tim Mcgraw comes to Rupp and people pay 75 dollars for a ticket. By the time you spend 30 bucks in gas to get to Lexington, 20 bucks to eat, and the 75 for the ticket, you have spent more than what you would if the tickets were 100 bucks a piece in Pikeville.
thetribe Wrote:That's hilarious. Smack whoever told you that AllSport. Not to be a smartass but this would be impossible, to get all three of those acts at one time would cost ohhh in the neighborhood of $400,000 dollars and wellllll tickets would have to be sold at around $300 each....yea, I'm sure they would sell the Expo Center out on the first day.
Could it be they are planning to have each on separate nights?
Hillbilly Havoc will be like UFC fighting.
Big and Rich and Gretchen Wilson have played a lot of acts together... and I'm pretty sure they have played quite a few with Hank Jr.
fox sports Wrote:Could it be they are planning to have each on separate nights?

Everyone was talking like they were going to have it all on the same night. I mean, ticket prices that high may be nothing to ask of country music fans but I wouldn't pay over $100 a ticket to go and see Flogging Molly and they are my favorite band..
Pages: 1 2