Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raiders reach deal For Palmer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Oakland Raiders have agreed to terms on a deal with the Cincinnati Bengals that would send quarterback Carson Palmer to Oakland for a 2012 first-round draft pick and a conditional pick that could become an additional first-rounder in the future, Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reported Tuesday, via Twitter.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82...le=HP11_cp
This made sense 8 years ago, I understand needing a quarterback, but geez.
AWESOME deal for the Bengals. No way unless you are desperate to give a 1st rounder for Carson
Stardust Wrote:AWESOME deal for the Bengals. No way unless you are desperate to give a 1st rounder for Carson

They will be able to build around Dalton now. Bengals will be really good in a few years if they use those picks wisely.
^

Good Post. I agree. Steal trade for the Bengals.
What are the conditions for the 2nd #1 pick? If the conditions are really high it could work out for both.
If the Raiders win a playoff game it becomes a 1st round pick.
^That makes it a push as to whether it was worth it or not. They might have won a playoff game with Campbell, they certainly would not have won two. You know what, I will say it was worth it if the Raiders win a playoff game. I was a Raiders fan my whole life until I washed my hands of them a year or two ago. I know what it would mean to finally win a playoff game again.
the Bengals have made a great trade.
Who Dey
Bengals luck palmer throws 40tds in the remaining games.
Yeah, I don't like it...
Called it!!
Why is this a good trade for the Raiders? Seriously! Does anyone expect that Palmer, who did not have camp with the Raiders; Who does not know the playbook of the Raiders; Who has struggled against every team in the AFC west; Who has sat on the couch for 10 months, can truly come in and do anything for the Raiders this season? Seriously?? No Chance he makes any difference at all unless it is handing the ball off 60 plays per game!!!
No way Palmer is worth a first round pick. The Raiders got hosed.
Stardust Wrote:Why is this a good trade for the Raiders? Seriously! Does anyone expect that Palmer, who did not have camp with the Raiders; Who does not know the playbook of the Raiders; Who has struggled against every team in the AFC west; Who has sat on the couch for 10 months, can truly come in and do anything for the Raiders this season? Seriously?? No Chance he makes any difference at all unless it is handing the ball off 60 plays per game!!!

I don't care if he has sat for 2 years, he has to be better than Kyle Boller, who would be their QB right now if not for that.

They have a great running game and the defense can play good enough to win, as long as Palmer gives it to McFadden and Bush 30-40 times per game and his arm is a good enough threat to back people off of him, they will be fine.

Remember, Jason Campbell's numbers over his career put him smack dab in the middle of the NFL. So as long as Carson is average, they will be okay. His arm is certainly more than average, so maybe like Randy Moss deep ball ability, just the "fear" of his arm can back defenses up a little.
LWC Wrote:I don't care if he has sat for 2 years, he has to be better than Kyle Boller, who would be their QB right now if not for that.

They have a great running game and the defense can play good enough to win, as long as Palmer gives it to McFadden and Bush 30-40 times per game and his arm is a good enough threat to back people off of him, they will be fine.

Remember, Jason Campbell's numbers over his career put him smack dab in the middle of the NFL. So as long as Carson is average, they will be okay. His arm is certainly more than average, so maybe like Randy Moss deep ball ability, just the "fear" of his arm can back defenses up a little.

If it's the fear of his arm, then the defenses are probably just as afraid of the dark and Black Helicopters! I've lived it, I can only thank the Raiders for taking the salary. I wish him all the luck in the rest of his career. He was a great guy, but he screwed the fans of Cincinnati by not honoring a contract that he was willing to sign. In the end, it worked out well for the fans of the Bengals!
Good trade for the Bengals but a horrible trade for the Raiders
Bengals get a steal! I wonder how long it's been since Palmer has even touched a football.
I actually think he will be an OK fit in Raider country.
BREAKING NEWS: According to Mike & Mike, the 2nd pick only becomes a first rounder IF the Raiders appear in an AFC Championship game in the next two years. Otherwise it is a 2nd round pick.

If the Raiders make it to an AFC Championship game, is the trade worth it? I say yes.
just read on ESPN.com that Palmer is expected to start for the Raiders
LWC Wrote:BREAKING NEWS: According to Mike & Mike, the 2nd pick only becomes a first rounder IF the Raiders appear in an AFC Championship game in the next two years. Otherwise it is a 2nd round pick.

If the Raiders make it to an AFC Championship game, is the trade worth it? I say yes.

That was announced yesterday. I cannot imagine giving up a #1 for veteran QB that has not had a great year in over five seasons. But, I love what the Bengals get out of it
^Yes, but many assumed all they had to do to give up 2 #1's was win a playoff game, they have to get to the AFC title game. To me, if they get there, it is worth it.
Strikeout King Wrote:just read on ESPN.com that Palmer is expected to start for the Raiders

They said on ESPN today that Oakland's offensive coordinator said that as long as Palmer was breathing he would be starting there :lmao:
^ Hugh Jackson recruited Palmer to USC. He influenced the draft and was the coach of Palmer in Cincy. He went to Raider Management and said that there is only ONE guy that can do what Hugh wants done in the Raiders offense, and that is Palmer. So, I guess that bode of confidence tells Jason Campbell his services will no longer be needed in Oakland.
^ You have a great point Stardust
Jason Campbell was playing well and you can't give the football to Boller or Pryor.

This is better for the Raiders in the long run...

but i would NOT start him right away lol
Multiple sources are saying he will be starting this week.

They'll probably limit his attempts and just carry the load with McFadden & Bush.
As a Bengal fan, my reaction to this trade can be summed it by the words of the immortal Peter Griffin...

FREAKIN' SWEET!!! :rockon:
I forgot that Terrell Pryor is there as well. I guess that means they have no hope of him being a contributor. His suspension is over, so you would certainly think that if they had any level of confidence in him he would have got a shot!