Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bengals on verge of dealing Palmer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cinci...ers-101811

Carson Palmer could soon have his wish.

The Cincinnati Bengals and Oakland Raiders are very close to a deal that would send the former Cincy starting quarterback to Oakland to take the place of injured Jason Campbell in exchange for a first-round pick in 2012 and a future second-round pick that could escalate to a first-rounder based on his play.

Palmer demanded a trade at the end of last season, threatening retirement. Until now, Bengals owner Mike Brown was insistent upon making the latter his course of action.

However, former Bengals assistant (and current Raiders head coach) Hue Jackson has been working on Brown, as the two have a close relationship.

Brown may finally decide the pot is too sweet to pass up.

The deal is expected to be done by Tuesday’s 4 p.m. ET trade deadline.

Campbell was injured in Sunday's 24-17 win vs. the Cleveland Browns. The Raiders' starting QB underwent surgery for a broken collarbone on Monday, and is expected to miss a minimum of six weeks.
Two 1st round draft picks, this is either the smartest thing Mike Brown has done in a long time, or Oakland is way too desperate.
^ I agree. I'd have given up Palmer for 3rd round picks, but this could be huge!
I agree SD, two 1st round picks. Wow what a steal trade for the Bengals.
This trade makes me sick!

That 2013 conditional pick varies if Oakland wins a playoff game, its a 1st.

If they don't, its a 2nd.

This sucks.