Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Will Magoffin county have a football program this season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I feel the signs are there that they may be going to shut it down.
No certified coach, wont be a job posting till possibly late april, kids cannot use the field house-weight room until after a certified teacher/coach is hired.
It's the law. If job is posted in late April, will be 30 days or longer, mabey much longer until they get a teacher/coach applicant. So no certifed coach, no spring ball. Coach W####### said they turned off the heat to the weight room.
A non-football head coach was hired last season, with no football expirience what so ever just for the sake of having a coach. Good kids but by far the worst situation I've ever been a part of. Was hiring the present coach insurance it would fail completely?
A non-football head coach was hired last season, with no football expirience what so ever just for the sake of having a coach. Good kids but by far the worst situation I've ever been a part of. Was hiring the present coach insurance it would fail completely? [/QUOTE]

Didn't this so called non-football head coach hire you, because of that reason. And didn't he give you full control over the offense and defense? This is what I heard, so I was just wondering.
i hope they do there our 1st game next year
Hoopla,
First, This isn't basketball. One coach can't cover every aspect of the game and little own get quality individual periods, which is the most important part of practice. I couldn't coach the o-line, noone was there to do the backs.I couldn't concentrate on individual d with my line backers cause noone was there to do my d-line or secondary. I could never take time to work on the most important part of practice, Individual period, where you concentrate on the basics, assignments, propper technique. If I did, I had 15 other kids standing around without getting any kind of coaching. So it was all team. I did not make the final decisions, I was not the head coach. I came in with a game plan but after the first sign of things were not smooth or a busted play, I was told to switch the O or D because it didn't suit a player ot two.I can't walk on water and any coach will tell you , you cant be successfull trying to do it by yourself. No other coaches was ever willing to meet or willing to learn how to coach a position. So, the other groups got no coaching at all.
The best help I had was a player, Shep. Some days I had to let him do the backs while I worked on chip, zone, or combo blcks with the o-line. No way 1 coach can get it done with the whole team individually and be successfull. NO is the answer to your coment. I did it simply because their was noone else to do it and I couldn't focus on any particular aspect like I was told when I took the job. Hell, we didn't even believe in conditioning, but that was not my call either. I will not give myself praise at all because we had a bad year and I simply had way too much on my plate. If I wasn't there, we couldn't even have got a play called in. We started a week behind the rest of the state, didn't get our pads till 1 day before our first scrimage, so you tell me. We went to our first scrimage and had only been in ads for a day. Don't blame me for that cause once again I was not the head coach. I'm not gooing to be made into your scapegoat here.I was supposed to be the o-coordinator, but since nooneelse knew anything at all about football besides Brandon Shepherd, I ended up having to do it all and that's way too much for anybody. No more posts from me ever on Magoffin county football, respect the kids, but always someone who wants to throw an insult or say something smart about every thing that is said and especially about stuff they have no idea about.
NO, he didn't hire me. I was a volunteer.
Yeah they will and may have a new coach.
yes they will for shore and i think and hope they wil have a new coach!
Well right now they don't have a certified coach. By the time they get one, It could be as late as May or possibly later. I only say how can you know for sure when you don't even have a certified coach and aren't allowed to lift weights in your own weight room. So my opinion, there is no for sure. I'd be getting on the phone with a guy named Chuke and offering him the world to come back but I very seriously doubt he would. Should have got Dayne some help, at least you would have a coach who cared about the kids and would be certified.
Well coach Howard didnt have a clue about football but at least he was there and yet who woulf turn down a couple of thousand i mean come on.The Boz i know who u are if we do have another coach are u coming back
I think the world of those kids The DADDY!
They worked hard and in my book they are winners because when the going got tough, They hung in their and stayed to the end. Big Larry Neil, Cody, Smiley, Big Hairy, Chiwawa, I'm very proud of those guys. I saw on a post that Jordo and Larry are not going to play this season. Jordo was a heck of a middle backer! My advice to them is, We had a tough season last year, You gave your all and no matter what the score was at the end of the game, you fought to the end, never be ashamed because you never quit! You knocked heads with Belfry, Pburb, Sheldon Clark, and you can look back someday and say " We played the some of the best teams in 2a and They might have whipped us but they never made us like it and we never quit!" It takes time to build a winner and I really hope this group of players sticks together and has success!
what about jordan owens what did you think of him:rock:
jordan owens wasnt a part of the high school team
Magoffin County football does not have the support of the people who live there. They need to start over again with a new coach and new sense of purpose.
Jordan Owens will be the best football player Magoffin has ever had all around, but I hear he might be going to Morgan county next season, he has some family who lives there. Just what I heard, that he may be moving after this school year to Morgan county and playing for the cougars next season. Either way, He'll be a good one and he's a guy who lives to hit people. Jordan will start for Magoffin county as a freshman, He prob wouldnt start over at Morgan his first year or 2, but by the time he was a junior, he'd start at backer for them. Either way, he's a dandy football player.
What do you think #24 will he be back at Magoffin?
Best football player magoffin ever had well THE BOZ you have no clue what you talking about i mean dont get me wrong but jordan owens wasnt but yea he will be a real dandy player.
but u r right jordan owens will be a great backer with in a couple years i just wouldnt say he would be the best magoffin has ever seen but YES he is good
Hp'
Don't get me wrong. No, he might not be the all-time leading rusher or the all time leading tackler, but effort wise and attitude wise he will be the best. There is better atheletes and stronger, bigger atheletes, but Jordan has a football mentality and he's a hard nosed player who will always be solid. There'e alot of other factors to being great besides jet speed and being super strong. There's being dedicated, having desire and Jordan lives and breathes football. Best athelete of all time, no, Best all-around football player of all time, I still say yes. That's my opinion and I've coached highschool football for 7 years. Magoffin just needs to hope he hangs around and doesn't end up about 40 mies down the road. Wer'e on the same side here HP and It's only my opinion, yours may be different. I've seen alot of players, so I do have a clue,
I'm by no means an expert, but the kid will be very, very good, He lives football.
i totally agree with you there jordan has more dedication then most players and he is a really hard nosed player but i did misunderstand you, you seem like u know alot about the game of football.
The Boz Wrote:Hp'
Don't get me wrong. No, he might not be the all-time leading rusher or the all time leading tackler, but effort wise and attitude wise he will be the best. There is better atheletes and stronger, bigger atheletes, but Jordan has a football mentality and he's a hard nosed player who will always be solid. There'e alot of other factors to being great besides jet speed and being super strong. There's being dedicated, having desire and Jordan lives and breathes football. Best athelete of all time, no, Best all-around football player of all time, I still say yes. That's my opinion and I've coached highschool football for 7 years. Magoffin just needs to hope he hangs around and doesn't end up about 40 mies down the road. Wer'e on the same side here HP and It's only my opinion, yours may be different. I've seen alot of players, so I do have a clue,
I'm by no means an expert, but the kid will be very, very good, He lives football.

Boy thats some lofty expectations you have put on this kid, granted Magoffin Football has been down a few years but there has been some great players that have played on that field. From what I understand by your posts you have only coached there for 1 year so I am not so sure you know about any of the talent that played at Magoffin County through the 90's. Mike Caba still holds several top 10 pass related records in state history and people like Jason Robinette and Jason Wages were 1 and 2 in the state in reicieving in 95 and at that time, Robinette held the all time state record for recieving yards. (I believe he is still ranked in the top 15.) Other players like Brian Helton were some of the better all around players I have seen.

Now back to Jordan Owens. He is a fantastic talent and certainly has what it takes to be a great one. I hope he continues to grow. I love his competitiveness and fire. He is a natural hitter. I will put it this way............I certainly hope he becomes the greatest at Magoffin County because if he does, then he will be a fantastic player that gets a full ride somewhere and you can guarantee if he is that good then Magoffin County Football will be winning games. Jordan if you are reading this, make sure you are working to get better in the off-season!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:
Principal 1 Wrote:Boy thats some lofty expectations you have put on this kid, granted Magoffin Football has been down a few years but there has been some great players that have played on that field. From what I understand by your posts you have only coached there for 1 year so I am not so sure you know about any of the talent that played at Magoffin County through the 90's. Mike Caba still holds several top 10 pass related records in state history and people like Jason Robinette and Jason Wages were 1 and 2 in the state in reicieving in 95 and at that time, Robinette held the all time state record for recieving yards. (I believe he is still ranked in the top 15.) Other players like Brian Helton were some of the better all around players I have seen.

Now back to Jordan Owens. He is a fantastic talent and certainly has what it takes to be a great one. I hope he continues to grow. I love his competitiveness and fire. He is a natural hitter. I will put it this way............I certainly hope he becomes the greatest at Magoffin County because if he does, then he will be a fantastic player that gets a full ride somewhere and you can guarantee if he is that good then Magoffin County Football will be winning games. Jordan if you are reading this, make sure you are working to get better in the off-season!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:
jordan is the best player when it comes to heart but this kid is not really that great of a ball runner but he is decsent on defense but i mean if he was a good ball runner he would hav had the ball more this year.i dont think he will be no were near the best in magoffin.
yes it is real easy to answer there not going to take football from these kids!
its not going to happen.....the school will just lose money every friday night
I hope your 100% right !
Too much talent and potential, would be a terrible mistake.
Hire you a good coach and get back to the basics.
If you ever think about cutting out football, Look at it this way:
Some of these kids need football more than football needs them, for some it might be the only way to keep them out of trouble and from quitting school.
yes magoffin will have a program...If magoffin would get coach h***** out of there and put some one in there that has actually touch'd a football in there life we might start doing better (which u cant blame the man for taking the job it's a quick couple of thous) but i think we need someone more certified, coach fugate was the only person the team had to relie on he was always there and was the only one who knew what they was doin...But since gerald aint gonna be there next year i dont look for fugate to be back and i would have like'd to have seen what coach fugate could have done for the program...
Football means every thing to sum of these kid ..Who ever has played highskewl football knows what im talking about yea u can walk on to a court but it aint nothing like being underneath them friday nightlights u all know what im talkin bout im positive that magoffin is goin to change things
yes jordan owens will be good but yet a step from middle skewl football to high skewl is a big step
he needs to hit the weights to be ready
i thought that if their wasn't a certified teacher wanting the job, then it would go to the first volunteer? I know of two head coaches that aren't certified teachers. Just not football coaches tho.
The Boz Wrote:Jordan Owens will be the best football player Magoffin has ever had all around, but I hear he might be going to Morgan county next season, he has some family who lives there. Just what I heard, that he may be moving after this school year to Morgan county and playing for the cougars next season. Either way, He'll be a good one and he's a guy who lives to hit people. Jordan will start for Magoffin county as a freshman, He prob wouldnt start over at Morgan his first year or 2, but by the time he was a junior, he'd start at backer for them. Either way, he's a dandy football player.
What do you think #24 will he be back at Magoffin?
Dont count ur chickens before they hatch. hes good but you never know what may happen a player could step up and be better.
Pages: 1 2