Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NKY Freshman 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering what stars of the future have been seen this freshman season in NKY. Also wondering what rumors of the freshman championship is.
I know the Ryle Raiders record is 6-2.
With Austin Keen, Colin England, Ryan Wolf, Logan Ross being some of the stars. Heard another Teepen is in the mix as well now.
What are the names of te players coming up.
there is a 5 way tie between Boone Co., Ryle, Highlands, Cov Cath., and Dixie, an I'm hearing that if this is the case, then there will NOT be any type of a playoff, because of lack of time to get the remaining ( freshman ) season in. ALL 5 teams will be declared freshman champs, very weak. IF, Dixie wins tonight, they are the out right regular season champs, and Cov. Cath., Highlands, and Boone Co. will be the 3 remaining teams, a coin toss will eliminate one of these teams, again very weak, the other 2 will play next monday, or tueday, the winner would then play Dixie next thursday for the freshman championship. This from a reliable source, just sayin!
I know the small schools are Scott vs NCC in a playoff game and the winner faces Beechwood in the championship game next week.
Well Dixie lost to the Raiderz. And technically Boone should be disqualified for having an ineligible player for first 4 games if season a kid was playing there when he was supposed to be attending Ryle. So if that's the case wouldn't it mean highlands/Dixie cov cath/Ryle playoff?
Death Wrote:I know the small schools are Scott vs NCC in a playoff game and the winner faces Beechwood in the championship game next week.
scott playing in the small school division is an embarrassment
CovCath freshmen beat Ryle- how could they be tied?
Hmmm lets see Ryle beat Dixie, Dixie beat cov cath, cov cath out coached ryle....
Also Ryle beat Highlands.....
So who's in and who's out?
I think this is one of the weakest Highlands teams in along time but I could be wrong time will tell.
Highlands Freshman Football Season Extended
By Joseph Williams, Highlands-Bluebirds.com
October 20, 2011
Due to the existence of a five-way tie atop the Northern Kentucky large school freshman football standings and a lack of time to determine the top two teams in a playoff, there will be no Northern Kentucky large school freshman championship game played this year. In its place, the freshman football regular season will be extended and one additional game will be played. On Thursday, October 27 at 6:00PM, the Highlands freshman team will play the Covington Catholic freshman squad; this game will be played at Highlands. The Highlands freshman team has a current record of 6-3 and is one of the five teams tied for first place, along with the freshman squads from Covington Catholic, Dixie Heights, Ryle and Boone County. Earlier this year, the Highlands freshman team defeated the Covington Catholic freshman team by a score of 14-12.
Highlands Freshman Football Season Extended
FYI found on Highlands website
Rumor is Ryle might play Boone, not sure about Dixie?

By Joseph Williams, Highlands-Bluebirds.com
October 20, 2011
Due to the existence of a five-way tie atop the Northern Kentucky large school freshman football standings and a lack of time to determine the top two teams in a playoff, there will be no Northern Kentucky large school freshman championship game played this year. In its place, the freshman football regular season will be extended and one additional game will be played. On Thursday, October 27 at 6:00PM, the Highlands freshman team will play the Covington Catholic freshman squad; this game will be played at Highlands. The Highlands freshman team has a current record of 6-3 and is one of the five teams tied for first place, along with the freshman squads from Covington Catholic, Dixie Heights, Ryle and Boone County. Earlier this year, the Highlands freshman team defeated the Covington Catholic freshman team by a score of 14-12.