Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Man Survives 876 ft Fall From Bridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
During the Bridge Day Event at the New River Gorge Bridge in West Virginia over the weekend a man survived the 876 foot fall from the bridge when his shoot failed to deploy. The video link to the accident is below.

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitnes...7050.shtml
This is incredible - HOW!!!
How many stories is that? I am a bad judge of feet measurement.
I was getting ready to say, he should definitely be dead and something had to slow him down. Even in a windsuit at that high, he had a hell of a good form, he should be dead and gone right now. I can't believe the dude lived...wow.
LWC Wrote:How many stories is that? I am a bad judge of feet measurement.

A story is equal to 10 feet. That's and 87 story building. Empire State Building is a 100 story's.
Wow!
Amazing!
He better be counting his blessings and be thankful that the Big Guy up above was watching over him.
Rumor has it that the man was identified as our friend Eerie. He actually jumped off the the bridge without a parachute after watching Big Blue Madness. He knows his Eers don't stand a chance against UK this year and he couldn't deal with it. (joke)
Westside Wrote:Rumor has it that the man was identified as our friend Eerie. He actually jumped off the the bridge without a parachute after watching Big Blue Madness. He knows his Eers don't stand a chance against UK this year and he couldn't deal with it. (joke)

:Thumbs:
Westside Wrote:Rumor has it that the man was identified as our friend Eerie. He actually jumped off the the bridge without a parachute after watching Big Blue Madness. He knows his Eers don't stand a chance against UK this year and he couldn't deal with it. (joke)

:hilarious:
:trolldad:
:trolldad2:
that is one lucky man if i was him i would go and buy a lottery ticket
Yeah really...any skydivers on here know that he should not have lived from hitting the water that hard. And alot of times, hitting the water going 40 MPH+ is worse than hitting dirt, not because it's "harder" or any of that crap, because you have a good chance of getting knocked out. Getting knocked out in water equals dying. Never know though. I've never landed in water, and I sure as heck have never landed on my face. Closest I've came is landing wrong and my knee knocking a tooth out. Landing face first would suck, so so bad. Hell of a way to go out though.

Man I can't believe this guy lived...he better know how lucky he is, lol.