Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: A classy act by a classy coach.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made the trip down to Pikeville to watch the 15th region All "A". Thinking I would see 2 good games and I did.
But it was an act by South Floyd Barrry Hall that I ahve to admit impressed me as much as anything that I have seen in quite sometime.
Two of the Raiders starters were given very questionable tech fouls tonight.
The act that impressed me is that coach Hall sat both of these young men down and did not allow them to return to the game.
I asked after the game why he had done such a thing and I was told by one of his assistants that Coach Hall had made a team rule that if you got a Tech then you sit. And In such a tight game he sat rebounder B Little and a strong driving Wes Hall down thru tthe stretch and came away with a victory.
I salute you Coach Barry Hall, I am not sure I could have done such a selfless act, You are a symbol of Class and the 15th region and South Floyd sould be proud of you.

Both games were great and the fans got thier monies worth.
Good luck to both teams Saturday Night.
Doc
What caused them to get the technicals? But I like to see a coach standing by his rules...even in an important game!
I don't remember why Wes got a tech but Bubby got his by throwing the ball to the ref (or so he said) and ended up hitting a player in the chest.
One was a double and I could have understood a double fout but they called a double foul and a double tech, It's the first Time I had seen that when there was no action between the kids to warrent it. Little was fouled very hard and bounced the ball hitting the boy who had fouled him in the waist. I personally felt the game got out of hand aand official Webb went a lettle above board to get it back.
Just from where I was sitting
I always trust what you say Doc to be accurate and having not witnessed the event that took place on the Double technical your words are suffice. I had a good view of Little on his and although he did not throw the ball to injure the player he did toss it at him. Probably should not have done that and hopefully he won't do it again. i have never seen Wes Hall play dirty and maybe just got caught up in trying to protect himself. This appeared to be a very physical game and this seems to be what both teams like to play. I must say Doc ol friend it was a fun one to watch. Was Johnny Ringo and the other Redleggers there?
Well Wyatt, it was a crowed as Tombsone of payday.
I saw Johnny Ringo, Liberty ( you know the one who coudnt spell) Valance, Curley Bill and I thought I saw a glimpse of Festus with Dillion and Chester. But Im not sure.

Posted Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:48 am:

And i ran into Shooter
Im glad to hear of a coach stand by his word, especially since it was this such a tight situation.
I agree Doc, I have even in the past made some statements that coach hall needed to take some control of the team. He proved tonight that he had complete control. After both incidents especially in a close game with a lot on the line he showed a great deal of character. I must admit he showed a lot of class with sitting two very good players in this game. Both games were very good games and should be another good one tomarrow. The raiders really looked good tonight and this might be what they need to get rolling. Good Luck Raiders. Would like to see them playing Elliott County in Rochmond.
As I said I am impressed, he reminded me of Stonewall jackson Standing there in the storm of adversity.
I am pretty new on this site but have been reading for a while and listening to what people say about certain people and how things refelect how the Coach handles things. Well if tonight is any indication of how Coach Hall runs his team I would be PROUD to let my son play for him anyday. Good Luck to Coach hall and the Raiders.
I've known Coach Hall for many years he is truly a class act. I think everyone would agree that it would be extremely hard to sit 2 starters on the bench with the game so close, I'd say most coaches would have bent thier own rules & put them in. I agree with WB I'd let my son play for him anyday. Great job Coach Hall keep up the good work & Good Luck.
First congrats to Coach Hall and his SF team. I would have to say very impressed with the way Coach Hall handled this game. This is what makes teams come together. Good luck Coach Hall and SF and hopefully
after tonight you can start packing. GO RAIDERS

THE BULL
I agree Coach Hall is a class act. I to would let my kid play for him anyday He controls himself and does not cuz his player like a lot in the region do and that in itself sos how he is a true class act.
I agree. I have had many discussions with Coach Hall. I have been an opponent of Coach Hall for 4 years, well was an opponent, and he has been one great person. Even though we were basically rivals, he has never let that come in between him and I. Alot of people on the high school level take it a little far with the rivalry stuff, but not Hall. He has always spoken to me no matter what. And I truly salute him for that.
As far as the technical with Little. I was watching and he did try to throw the ball to the ref. Me and one of my buddies was talking about it. The guy didn't get out of the way so when Little threw it, it hit a player. Really no need for a technical.
As far as Hall getting a tech, it was also uncalled for. #14 hit him in the chest and Hall I think shoved him back, but it was during play. A double foul was appropriate, but a tech on both wasn't. Poorly officiated game again tonight.
Coach Hall stands by what he says and is a very respectable coach.
I salute coach Hall, his staff and the Raiders on the big win.. Raiders are really beginning to coming around
After watching this coach do what he has with this team in just a few short weeks, he desevers coach of the year right now. I must say great job and keep it up and I will keep my bags packed if you know what I mean.

THE BULL