Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield vs Russellville 10/21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This will be the deciding game for home field advantage in the playoffs..... holy cross and beechwood need to be praying for a upset...
Beechwood truly does not care where they beat the Cardinals
Mayfield - 42
Russelville - 21
As Mayffield is glad Beechwood has travel way down here to try and beat us which they haven't done yet.The trip up there last year didn't seem to bother us last year though so dream on.
Stardust Wrote:Beechwood truly does not care where they beat the Cardinals

oh me oh my . . . . star dust you must smoke some really good weed.... :biglmao: If your voting against the RED & BLACK

I'm just glad it will only take me five min to get home to open a beer...... Tell ya what they have not beat us yet so lets make a little bet .... if Beechwood wins i'll jump on the band wagon about them being the team to beat, but if Mayfield wins ((yet for the fifth time ) oh btw the cards haved out scored them 118 to 48 in the last 4 meetings) Ya'll quit putting beechwood on this pedistal by themselves.... Mayfield is just as big of a powerhouse as they are and deserves to have a seat on the throne right beside them!!!!

Im sure after the Game is over they will wish it would had been played up there near their own beds and sence of security instead of a long ass 5 and a half hour drive with their heads down . . . . . . . . . ssshhhhh!!!! listen ...........................dam its going to be a quite ride home:hilarious:
Mayfield rolls.
Stardust Wrote:Beechwood truly does not care where they beat the Cardinals

In Stars defense, he is a NKYian so he is susposed to believe in Beechwood. Win, lose, or draw, I'm glad we don't have to make that insane drive. It is a shame that they don't move Beechwood to the east bracket so these 2 can meet in the title game.
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:As Mayffield is glad Beechwood has travel way down here to try and beat us which they haven't done yet.The trip up there last year didn't seem to bother us last year though so dream on.

didn't Mayfield come up a day early?
Mayfield 41
Russellville 14

Mayfield will not and has no given up over 20 points all season and i dont expect them to now so Mayfield wins as Russellville plays close for almost 2 quarters.
toussaints Wrote:didn't Mayfield come up a day early?

Yes they went part of the way and stopped and held practice at Martha Layne HS. Then made the rest of the leg the next day
Beechwood could book indoor practice time at the Sportsplex in Paducah if they chose to bivouac here come playoff time. Securing adequate lodging in Mayfield can be problematic.
Mayfield wins.
We could put em up with some fine lodging at the Mayfield Budget Inn, just right down from the stadium and they would be right in town!!
gobigredMHS Wrote:We could put em up with some fine lodging at the Mayfield Budget Inn, just right down from the stadium and they would be right in town!!

budget inn .... lol i wouldnt put my dog in that place lololol
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:In Stars defense, he is a NKYian so he is susposed to believe in Beechwood. Win, lose, or draw, I'm glad we don't have to make that insane drive. It is a shame that they don't move Beechwood to the east bracket so these 2 can meet in the title game.

Ya i was just messin around lol.... i dont even think it matters if we lose home field through the first three games, Beechwood would still have to travel to us... my bad ! And ya that would make for a hell of a game and a always even playing ground if they met at atate like they use too!!!!

And ya tica ,the sports plex would be a good idea ... but we went up the day before to get practice on Martha layne"s turf field cause we were not used to playing on one.. it was a plus knowing ppl up there too to get access to there field.
Sure glad to see this old WKY rivalry renewed. This is the equivalent to Corbin and Middlesboro not playing for all my EKY bretheran.
Mayfield 48-6.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Sure glad to see this old WKY rivalry renewed. This is the equivalent to Corbin and Middlesboro not playing for all my EKY bretheran.

Quack, they have rarely played and I don't think Rville has ever won unless it was like 50 years ago. It may turn into a rival game but at this point it's not
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Quack, they have rarely played and I don't think Rville has ever won unless it was like 50 years ago. It may turn into a rival game but at this point it's not

I could have sworn they were in the same Class 1A district back in the 70's?
Back in the 70's Mayfield was AA not single A they have only been single A for 10-15 years:rockon: