Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Alibis Falling Apart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis...-Apart.htm

Crime: An old news tape shows that President Obama directly contradicted Attorney General Eric Holder's testimony to Congress about when he knew of Operation Fast and Furious. How many times will the story change?

An administration that keeps shifting its story is obviously trying to hide something. Nowhere is that more obvious than in the latest revelations about the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' Fast and Furious scandal, which helped arm Mexico's violent cartels as a means to whip up support for gun control.

As the gamy details seeped out and Congress started asking questions, Holder testified to Congress on May 3 that he knew nothing about the operation gone bad.

"When did you first know about the program officially I believe called Fast and Furious? To the best of your knowledge, what date?" asked House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa.

"I'm not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks," said Holder.

That contrasts sharply with what President Obama told a CNN En Espanol interviewer last March:

"There have been problems, you know. I heard on the news about this story that — Fast and Furious, where allegedly guns were being run into Mexico, and ATF knew about it but didn't apprehend those who sent it. Eric Holder has — the attorney general has been very clear he knew nothing about this. We had assigned an I.G., inspector general, to investigate it."

It's fairly damning proof that Holder was blowing smoke at Congress when he casually said he was out of the loop on a scandal whose consequences have included murder.

Fast and Furious is no ordinary scandal. At least one U.S. lawman lies dead as a result of this operation, and 200 Mexican citizens, including many innocent bystanders, have been slaughtered.

Given the gravity of the scandal, and the national security threat the cartels increasingly pose, it's easy to see the motives for the Obama administration lies.

But there's no justification for them. When Scooter Libby was placed in the congressional dock about a much lighter matter and was declared without proof to be lying, he was subject to the full force of the law.

What's strange here is that with taped proof of deception, Holder carries on with impunity.

A serious crime happened here, and it's time he be held accountable.
If this very same thing happened 150 years ago, someone would be dangling by a rope. Today, the media helps our "leaders" sweep it away. Sad ain't it?
SKINNYPIG Wrote:If this very same thing happened 150 years ago, someone would be dangling by a rope. Today, the media helps our "leaders" sweep it away. Sad ain't it?
Very good observation. The actions of Holder's gang are exactly what people did who sold guns to the Indians that were then turned on white settlers and US soldiers. You're right justice would have been done at the end of a rope. There is no justice in Obama's Justice Department.