Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell 42 Corbin 14 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bell ends Corbin's district run and Coach Wayne Mills all but clinches his first District title :Cheerlead
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Bell ends Corbin's district run and Coach Wayne Mills all but clinches his first District title :Cheerlead

Gongratulations, Bell and Coach Mills!
It had to end somewhere.....Great win bobcats
Congrats Bell County
Congrats to BC and their District title
Way to go Bobcats!!!!!:rockon::betterthanexpected:
Congrats to the bobcats for wining yet another Distric title. and congrats to cuz wayne mills getting his first distric championship!!
Dominating win for the Bobcats. Corbin scored on a hail mary to end the 1st half, then their varsity scored against our freshman/jv late in the 4th quarter on 2 long pass plays.

Bobcats continue to improve. I would guess Corbin had less than 20 yds rushing.
42-7 after 3 quarters. Makes you wonder how bad it could had been if the Bell starters played the 4th?
10/14/2011
Bell Co. 42 Corbin 14

Corbin 0 7 0 7 14
Bell Co. 14 6 22 0 42
Scoring summary:
B--Tyler Green 10 pass from Corey Osolonian (Hayden Gilbert kick); B--Corey Davenport 63 run (Gilbert kick); B--Davenport 2 run (kick failed); C--Tyler Grubb 31 pass from Ty Cobb (Grubb kick); B--Davenport 7 run (Jonathan Polly pass from Osolonian); B--Davenport 19 run (Gilbert kick); B--Davenport 38 run (Gilbert kick); C--Brady Foley 5 run (Grubb kick).
Records: Bell Co. 7-1, Corbin 4-4.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1aqhrfrAu
Great win for the Bobcats. Getting better every week. Keep up the good work. Congrats on your first district title Coach Mills.
Its amazing what happens when you get stuck in a district with Bell instead of Knott County, Wayne County, and Mccreary County like teams every year.

Congrats bobcats on another win.
I cant wait for the HC/BC game.
Congrats to Coach Mills and the Bobcats.
Congrats to Bell. Good hard nosed football TEAM. Davenport is extremely good. Log Mtn is great football atmosphere! PA announcer is the BEST I have ever heard. The pregame prayer was AWESOME. We'll see you next year. Good luck in the Playoffs.
no surprise there.
Old Redhound Wrote:Congrats to Bell. Good hard nosed football TEAM. Davenport is extremely good. Log Mtn is great football atmosphere! PA announcer is the BEST I have ever heard. The pregame prayer was AWESOME. We'll see you next year. Good luck in the Playoffs.

Thanks good luck to you guys as well.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:42-7 after 3 quarters. Makes you wonder how bad it could had been if the Bell starters played the 4th?

Bell pulled most of their starters with 4-5 minutes left, Corbin left the starters in.
Just glad to see these 2 teams play. I don't know if Corbin is after Friday night.
Congrats to Bell!!!
Amped 88 Wrote:Just glad to see these 2 teams play. I don't know if Corbin is after Friday night.

I am sure there Head Coach was not. The true Corbin fans had wanted to continue playing. Jewell did not. Pretty funny that now they are in same district.
Davenport had 5 TD's in this game and could had plenty more if needed.
Congrats Bobcats! And I'm sitting on the edge of my seat for the Harlan Co. vs. Bell Co. game.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Congrats Bobcats! And I'm sitting on the edge of my seat for the Harlan Co. vs. Bell Co. game.

I give the edge to Bell Co in this game with it being on Log Mtn. Bells defense is coming together at the right time now.
This is a game that should have been being played year in and year out. Jewell did his program no favors by dodging Bell for so many years. It came down to when the kid from Bell attempted to transfer to Corbin and Bell blocked it despite the best efforts of some Corbin fans. Jewell made public statements that he did not like the way Bell (Hilton) ran their program, which translated was they lost a good player which was Bell's anyway. Jewell made Bell almost unbeatable in the minds of the Corbin players and handicapped them for this game. Jewell dodged
Whitey this year when the Varsity Club tried to get Whitley and Corbin together in the Pigskin. All Whitley wanted was a return game, and Jewell refused to enter into an agreement, even to the point of giving up the Pigskin Classic.

Bell is a great team and has been the gold standard in the mountains for some time and any team wanting to honestly get better should play them. Whitley played them this year and got beat but played well and playing the game despite the loss got better from having played it.

Corbin has not helped themselves by playing a weak schedule and it has shown in the playoffs over the years, despite great regular season they have flopped in the playoffs. Remember this is Corbin we are talking about and they thing anything less than a state Championship is a wasted season.

I am glad the KHSAA put these teams together in a district, I mean they should play for the good of high school football in the Mountians.

Bell is a heck of team and they were motivated on Friday night and took it to the Hounds physically from the get go and the physical play was the difference in the game.
Congrats Bell County!!!
Confusedingleparcongrats , boys good game friday .we the fans are behind u .
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:This is a game that should have been being played year in and year out. Jewell did his program no favors by dodging Bell for so many years. It came down to when the kid from Bell attempted to transfer to Corbin and Bell blocked it despite the best efforts of some Corbin fans. Jewell made public statements that he did not like the way Bell (Hilton) ran their program, which translated was they lost a good player which was Bell's anyway. Jewell made Bell almost unbeatable in the minds of the Corbin players and handicapped them for this game. Jewell dodged
Whitey this year when the Varsity Club tried to get Whitley and Corbin together in the Pigskin. All Whitley wanted was a return game, and Jewell refused to enter into an agreement, even to the point of giving up the Pigskin Classic.

Bell is a great team and has been the gold standard in the mountains for some time and any team wanting to honestly get better should play them. Whitley played them this year and got beat but played well and playing the game despite the loss got better from having played it.

Corbin has not helped themselves by playing a weak schedule and it has shown in the playoffs over the years, despite great regular season they have flopped in the playoffs. Remember this is Corbin we are talking about and they thing anything less than a state Championship is a wasted season.

I am glad the KHSAA put these teams together in a district, I mean they should play for the good of high school football in the Mountians.

Bell is a heck of team and they were motivated on Friday night and took it to the Hounds physically from the get go and the physical play was the difference in the game.

I think (and many corbin fans will agree) that untill Jewell is gone and a new coach with energy is brought in that program will struggle.
I think the tenure of Jewell is over, i mean, i think Corbin fans have finally had it with his soft scheduling and getting blown out by good team.
Whitley has agreed to play Corbin, like they always have. Corbin (Jewell in other words) wont play Whitley. The only reason Corbin offered a game to whitley @ Corbin was because Corbins varsity club is over the pigskin classis and THEY decide who Corbins opponenent in that game as a result, Jewell got his wish and cut that off.
All Whitley wanted was a return game. If Corbin aint got the room right now why dont Jewell make room when one of his current contracts expire and meet Whitley on a home and away series with Whitley.
This game would bring in more money yearly than any other game in the mountains, i promise you that. Your talking about a game where closse to 10000 people could attend. The revenue for this game alone could bring in more money than the rest of the year combined.
Theres no reason they cant. This aint a Hazard/Perry deal where fans are wanting to fight and all that non sense. Sure it use to be that way, but times have changed, and the kids respect each other now, they dont HATE each other like in the old days, i believe thats obvious from the way the two teams show great sportsmanship when they meet up on the bball court.

Its just crazy these two cant get together. Id love to replace Lynn Camp with Corbin on our schedule. And we would be a better game for Corbin than South, who is actually bigger than Whitley so they cant pull that argument there that they dont want to play a bigger school.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think (and many corbin fans will agree) that untill Jewell is gone and a new coach with energy is brought in that program will struggle.
I think the tenure of Jewell is over, i mean, i think Corbin fans have finally had it with his soft scheduling and getting blown out by good team.
Whitley has agreed to play Corbin, like they always have. Corbin (Jewell in other words) wont play Whitley. The only reason Corbin offered a game to whitley @ Corbin was because Corbins varsity club is over the pigskin classis and THEY decide who Corbins opponenent in that game as a result, Jewell got his wish and cut that off.
All Whitley wanted was a return game. If Corbin aint got the room right now why dont Jewell make room when one of his current contracts expire and meet Whitley on a home and away series with Whitley.
This game would bring in more money yearly than any other game in the mountains, i promise you that. Your talking about a game where closse to 10000 people could attend. The revenue for this game alone could bring in more money than the rest of the year combined.
Theres no reason they cant. This aint a Hazard/Perry deal where fans are wanting to fight and all that non sense. Sure it use to be that way, but times have changed, and the kids respect each other now, they dont HATE each other like in the old days, i believe thats obvious from the way the two teams show great sportsmanship when they meet up on the bball court.

Its just crazy these two cant get together. Id love to replace Lynn Camp with Corbin on our schedule. And we would be a better game for Corbin than South, who is actually bigger than Whitley so they cant pull that argument there that they dont want to play a bigger school.

I agree with you WC needs to get Lynn Camp off their schedule.
Dark clouds are circling over Corbin. Jewell is saying wait till next year but Bell and Corbin return the same amount of starters next year. This is beginning to look a lot like Roark's final days at m'boro.
Pages: 1 2