Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike Central 58 Sheldon Clark 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
congrats to PC
Congrats Pike Cental. Sets up a heck of a game next week with the Pirates
Congrats to the HAWKS.Good hard hitting game and great job on defense.I been watching these seniors and juniors playing together since the 3rd grade.They are an awesome team.Great job on offense too.
Congrats Hawks. Be ready for Belfry next week. It won't be easy. You can take that to the bank.
Congrats Pike. Goodluck against Belfry.
How'd Boggs look?
Alright, Sheldon Clark put up their stat report.

Pike Central rushed for 220 yards, passed for 260 yards.

The big thing that I noticed however is this stat:

Tim Smith: 11 carries, 19 yards.

Yes, 19 yards and this kid is extremely talented.

K.P Styles had a decent game however, 15 carries for 123 yards and 2 scores.

But the Smith stat really makes me feel good about our defense.
The cards now sit at 1-8 on the season and i just don't know what to say about it. good game PC
J-Rod Wrote:Alright, Sheldon Clark put up their stat report.

Pike Central rushed for 220 yards, passed for 260 yards.

The big thing that I noticed however is this stat:

Tim Smith: 11 carries, 19 yards.

Yes, 19 yards and this kid is extremely talented.

K.P Styles had a decent game however, 15 carries for 123 yards and 2 scores.

But the Smith stat really makes me feel good about our defense.

Kp had about 50 or 60 yard run against the jv at the end so if you are right he had about 80 yards against the 1st team. Good D hawks
Smith's stats don't surprise me. Seems to me like he was keyed on all night. The blame for lackluster stats can't be put on him though. The Cards O-line needs to step up. Smith is no doubt a very talented player. As I recall, back in '03 a player by the name of DAVID JONES from belfry had similar stats in the playoff game against Prestonsburg, and I think we all know how talented he was.
Well, I'm completely in agreement with Cardinal Alum, what can one say about the Cards at 1 - 8?

First, I would like to congratulate Pike Central on having a very good team, and on their win last night. I thought Boggs and Shouse looked mighty good. But to say the least, the Cards didn't look good at all, excepting Skyles; not only did he look good on offense, but I noticed a stellar performance on defense. He made some great, hard hits. I don't know his stats, but I'm pretty sure he was the leading tackler. Chapman, Jarrell, and Lafferty also played well, under the circumstances.

But folks, football, as we all know, is a team sport, and it takes eleven men to make a team. Sheldon Clark does not have a team this year, they have a few few good players but not enough to make a difference.

One thing I noticed repeatedly was the that most of them were extremely poor in fundamental tackling, and there seemed to be a lot of confusion, guys not knowing what to do.

Oh well, this is just an opinion from one a guy in the stands, so it can be taken as only that. But to put it into the proper perspective, "this too shall pass." It's not a matter of life and death.

When we think of the catastrophic event of Brad Stafford losing his life at twenty years of age, that should make us put things in their proper perspective. Now folks let us move on!
CardinalAlum Wrote:The cards now sit at 1-8 on the season and i just don't know what to say about it. good game PC

It's certainly been a rough year for SC and their fans.
The offensive line for SC is abysmal. LC even had some success running on Pike Central. Good game for PC to get a W, not get anyone hurt, and focus on the big game next Friday.
MisterPerfect Wrote:How'd Boggs look?

Not sure of his exact stats but if my memory serves me right I think he threw 4 TD's & ran 2. I'd say he had close to 300 yds passing & another 100 rushing. He had 2 - 2pt. conversions. The freshman looked great kicking the field goals. Shouse looked Great, Pugh was on fire catching & converting at least 2 TD's, Hopkins looked Fantastic & the Defense was Awesome! Overall the whole team looked like they were out to prove something last night & they looked like a Whole New Team....the Team we've been expecting to see all year! IMO they were more focused than what we've seen all year & I hope it carries over into their practice this week & their upcoming game against Belfry! A much improved Hawk Team was definitely on the field Friday Night! Way to Go Hawks! We were all very Proud of this squad Friday Night!!!
Congrats Pike Central
Good job boys. Now go out and prove your worth against Belfry.

It's so weird to see Sheldon Clark sucking this bad, when they were so good just two years ago. What in the world has happened?
FBfan4 Wrote:Not sure of his exact stats but if my memory serves me right I think he threw 4 TD's & ran 2. I'd say he had close to 300 yds passing & another 100 rushing. He had 2 - 2pt. conversions. The freshman looked great kicking the field goals. Shouse looked Great, Pugh was on fire catching & converting at least 2 TD's, Hopkins looked Fantastic & the Defense was Awesome! Overall the whole team looked like they were out to prove something last night & they looked like a Whole New Team....the Team we've been expecting to see all year! IMO they were more focused than what we've seen all year & I hope it carries over into their practice this week & their upcoming game against Belfry! A much improved Hawk Team was definitely on the field Friday Night! Way to Go Hawks! We were all very Proud of this squad Friday Night!!!

I will agree with you. This is the team we knew we had, just been waiting on them to show up. Got a big game Friday. Good luck Hawks.:1: