Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell County 56 - Clay Co 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nick Britt went for 225 Yards and 5 TDs on 15 carries
Britt pretty much ran at will tonight. Clay is facing much adversity at this point. I don't think one can call this a quality win but it was a win. With Rock's loss tonight against Knox, Russell's game of the year will be next Friday when they host Knox.
Big Win for the Lakers even though they didn't look very sharp at times. They were a little careless with the ball! Britt made some amazing runs!! The defense posted another shut out. Thanks to the panthers the Lakers control their own destiny again. Now get ready for the Panthers next week on senior night for the district championship.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Big Win for the Lakers even though they didn't look very sharp at times. They were a little careless with the ball! f The defense posted another shut out. Thanks to the panthers the Lakers control their own destiny again. Now get ready for the Panthers next week on senior night for the district championship.

I agree, it seemed like they were sloppy at times, but it's hard to stay sharp when the game gets out of hand so quickly.

Two of Britt's runs were spectacular. On both, I thought he was going to be stopped for a short gain, but both times he made a couple of people miss and took it to the house. Good to see the run blocking better this week, but we still need to get better. We've also got to get the boys up front on the FG unit blocking better.

Looking forward to next week....Hope we have a few more people out for that one.
Congrats Russel County
Congrats Russell County
10/14/2011
Russell Co. 56 Clay Co. 0

Clay Co. 0 0 0 0 0
Russell Co. 21 14 14 7 56
Scoring summary:
RC--Blake Ellis 36 pass from Barton Mann (Lucas Williams); RC--Nick Britt 7 run (Williams kick); RC--Britt 31 run (Williams kick); RC--Britt 80 run (Williams kick); RC--Britt 21 run (Williams kick); RC--Britt 25 run (Williams kick); RC--Evan Fletcher 11 run (Williams kick); RC--Mason Short 35 fumble recovery return (Williams kick).
Records: Russell Co. 7-1, Clay Co. 1-7.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1aqjC3n8q
Beast of a night for Nick Britt, and for all you HHS and Johnson Central fans. Britt didn't play a single snap past the 8:00 mark in the 3rd. He had right at 200 yards at the half.

Hats off to the young men from Clay Co. They have some really good players, just not nearly enough hats to be able to become more competitive yet. I think I counted 27 dressed at the beginning of the game, and they were down to 25 or so by the end. It takes a lot for these guys to keep strapping them up every Friday night with the schedule they have....you have to admire them for that.
Britt is a man when he has the ball. would have liked to see the passing game work more for Mann but when you only have 15 carries and 5 TD's for 225 yds then i guess that works to LOL!!! KC will be focused all on Britt like Rock was so i think Mann will be able to throw more and hook up with Ellis and Bunch, both tall, fast, and have excellent hands. looking forward to the Russell Knox game
Russell_aker Wrote:Britt is a man when he has the ball. would have liked to see the passing game work more for Mann but when you only have 15 carries and 5 TD's for 225 yds then i guess that works to LOL!!! KC will be focused all on Britt like Rock was so i think Mann will be able to throw more and hook up with Ellis and Bunch, both tall, fast, and have excellent hands. looking forward to the Russell Knox game

This is a must to beat the Panthers. We failed to establish a passing game against rock, and it cost us the game. If we can get Ellis, Bunch, and Fletcher involved early on short routes on the edges, it will open up the running game. All it takes is a smidgen of daylight and Britt will get the yardage. If we don't establish the pass, we will loose this game.
Congrats Russell County!
This is true Laker20. if we can get the passing game established and get other players involved then Britt will get his yards and we will be district champs.
^I thought it was impossible now for Russell to win district. Am I wrong? Or is it impossible for them to get 2nd place. I know it is one or the other.
From what I am hearing, Russell will be 1st or 3rd, depending on the win or loss. That is why I was asking earlier about clarifying the tie breaker.
LWC Wrote:^I thought it was impossible now for Russell to win district. Am I wrong? Or is it impossible for them to get 2nd place. I know it is one or the other.

If Russell Co were to beat Knox Central this is how the tie breaker would look as of today. Each team will choose 4 opponents (Other than teams involved in the tie) that they beat and will get a point for each win that the opponent had. As of today, each teams opponents have the following wins.

Rock Knox Russell
Shel Clrk 1 Lanc Tn 0 Marion 3
Frankfort 4 W Jess 1 Whitley 3
Whitley 3 PCC loss 0 S. Laurel 4
Estill 2 Gat Pit Tn 4 Pulaski 3
Pulaski 3 Clint Tn 0 N. Laurel 3
Perry 7 Harlan Co 0 LCC 2
Russell 0 Clay 1 Rock Loss 0
Knox loss 0 Rock 0 Clay 1
Clay 1 Russell 0 Knox 0
Mont Co 4 Mad Cent 4 Adair 4

So given the current records of the opponents, if Rock wins out, Russell wins out, and Knox beats Madison Central, Then Rock would use their wins against Perry Central (7 Points), Frankfort (4 Points), Montgomery Co (4 Points), and any of the 3 point teams for a total of 18 Points.

Russell Co would use wins against S. Laurel (4 Points), Adair Co (4 Points), and any two of its 3 point teams for a total of 14 Points.

Knox would use Madison Central (4 Points), Gatlinburg Pit (4 Points), West Jess & Clay (1 point each) for a total of 10 Points.

There is a slim chance that Russell Co could come out in 1st if Rock looses to Montgomery Co, and Russell Co opponents (N. Laurel, S. Laurel, and Adair Co) all win one more game AND Rock opponents (PCC & Frankfort) don't win any more. This would would yield a tie in points between Rock & Russell, and each team would add another opponent until the tie was broken, in which case Russell will win.

Their is an even slimmer chance that Rock could loose to Clay. Which makes the winner of Knox - Russell the District champion.