Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bourbon Co. 23 Powell Co. 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
congrats to Bourbon
WOW! What a game! Keep your heads up Powell. Mistakes cost us this game. "I" think you out played them but turnovers will kill you every time. You did an excellent job with Hopkins. I had him with right at 70 yds. This dude was averaging 300 yds a game. We turned the ball over 3 times and had some silly penalties. Once inside the 10yd line. Get at it at practice, keep working hard, and get ready for Western Hills. Proud of you!
Congrats Bourbon. Sad to see Powell lose this one.
I heard the guys who do the radio tonight on the way home from Bath County, why did Powell go away from the Belly Offense most of the game? The radio guys said that's what killed powell
Powell played hard 2nite good job Pirates, but Bourboun found a way to win with an unhealthy Hopkins, several young guys stepped up 2nite and made some big plays, way to go Bourbon keep playing hard & good luck the rest of the season....
Another win for Coach Poynter!
Heard that the bourbon coach got kicked out after he ran on the field and fell and made a ass of himself. That's pretty classless if you ask me.
Congrats Bourbon Co.
The Bourbon coach did make a fool of himself but did not get ejected. I figured there would be some comments saying Hopkins was injured or something. He looked pretty healthy to me. He ran it right up the gut and was blazing when he was headed for the corner. Powell's D just really contained him last night. Every time he touched the ball, there were 3 or 4 Pirates on him. What I didn't like was the way he tackled. The kid leads with his helmet on every tackle. Very aggressive tackler but he is gonna get hurt or hurt someone leading with the helmet. #33 is very dirty. He had 4 personal fouls.
Congrats Bourbon Co.!
I was at the game and it sounds like only the Bourbon kids are being singled out I want put any numbers on here, but there were several Powell kids that were just as dirty as #33 as u claim, if 33 had 4 personal fouls I'd say they would have thrown the kid out, as far as Hopkins he is a very aggressive player and I wish him and Bourbon as well as Powell the best of luck the rest of the season and reliable sources said Hopkins didn't practice all week for unknown reasons and if he is shut down there are still several other playmakers on that team as we saw last nite. Congrats to Bourbon on the Win..
blitz43 Wrote:The Bourbon coach did make a fool of himself but did not get ejected. I figured there would be some comments saying Hopkins was injured or something. He looked pretty healthy to me. He ran it right up the gut and was blazing when he was headed for the corner. Powell's D just really contained him last night. Every time he touched the ball, there were 3 or 4 Pirates on him. What I didn't like was the way he tackled. The kid leads with his helmet on every tackle. Very aggressive tackler but he is gonna get hurt or hurt someone leading with the helmet. #33 is very dirty. He had 4 personal fouls.

what was all that about Blitz? why was he running out on the field?
Professor7 Wrote:I was at the game and it sounds like only the Bourbon kids are being singled out I want put any numbers on here, but there were several Powell kids that were just as dirty as #33 as u claim, if 33 had 4 personal fouls I'd say they would have thrown the kid out, as far as Hopkins he is a very aggressive player and I wish him and Bourbon as well as Powell the best of luck the rest of the season and reliable sources said Hopkins didn't practice all week for unknown reasons and if he is shut down there are still several other playmakers on that team as we saw last nite. Congrats to Bourbon on the Win..

Who were the powell players that were playing dirty??
Mario#1 Wrote:Heard that the bourbon coach got kicked out after he ran on the field and fell and made a ass of himself. That's pretty classless if you ask me.

He was upset with the fact that there was a player from Powell that cheap shotted one of Bourbon players and the end of a fumble.
blitz43 Wrote:WOW! What a game! Keep your heads up Powell. Mistakes cost us this game. "I" think you out played them but turnovers will kill you every time. You did an excellent job with Hopkins. I had him with right at 70 yds. This dude was averaging 300 yds a game. We turned the ball over 3 times and had some silly penalties. Once inside the 10yd line. Get at it at practice, keep working hard, and get ready for Western Hills. Proud of you!

There is always one that assumes they out played somebody....what was the score again.
Do everybody a favor and show some class...and lose with grace.
Strikeout King Wrote:I heard the guys who do the radio tonight on the way home from Bath County, why did Powell go away from the Belly Offense most of the game? The radio guys said that's what killed powell

They did run it the majority of the night....always looking for an excuse to why Bourbon beat someone.....really sad.
Football24 Wrote:Who were the powell players that were playing dirty??

List would be shorter of who wasnt playing dirty for Powell. But really both sides have very aggressive players...both teams knew what this game meant and wanted it badly. IMO there were players from both sides that let their emotions get away from them and didn't play with controlled aggression.
End of the day Congrats Bourbon Co.
Good luck to both squads in the last few games and see good things for both programs in the playoffs.
Hit the nail on the head Grid Iron..
Grid Iron Warrior Wrote:There is always one that assumes they out played somebody....what was the score again.
Do everybody a favor and show some class...and lose with grace.

was listening to this on the radio and from what i heard if the pirates had not fumbled at the wrong times (which costed them the game) they woulda won this game fairly easily. but coulda woulda shoulda we know the routine. they shut down the leading rusher in state despite being healthy or unhealthy it dont matter if he had a week off then he had time to rest and get rested up for this game.. which i could get over 1800 rushing yards with a schedule like that too but oh well. both teams will prolly get past the first and second rounds and thats it. so pretty much powell outplayed bourbon but turnovers and penalties got the best of them deal with it.
Grid Iron Warrior Wrote:They did run it the majority of the night....always looking for an excuse to why Bourbon beat someone.....really sad.

I wasn't at the game. I was on my way home from Bath County and turned the radio on the powell county station and the announcer said that they had not been in there belly offense most of the night.
from what i heard they passed it alot more then they normally did..idk though
They fumbled cause they got hit not because they wanted to, Bourbon did what they had to do to WIN the game and who cares about the schedule at the end of the day their back can run and their line is doing a good job making holes for him, Powell had to throw cause Bourbon adjusted and started blowing the belly up, Good Job Bourbon..
Professor7 Wrote:They fumbled cause they got hit not because they wanted to, Bourbon did what they had to do to WIN the game and who cares about the schedule at the end of the day their back can run and their line is doing a good job making holes for him, Powell had to throw cause Bourbon adjusted and started blowing the belly up, Good Job Bourbon..

bit touchy are we? didnt mean to make ya cry..but anyways thanks for clearing that up for me "professor"
Mario#1 Wrote:bit touchy are we? didnt mean to make ya cry..but anyways thanks for clearing that up for me "professor"

I think he is trying to explain to the ones that weren't there how things went....not crying at all. Anyone crying it sounds like you. Wish I could have that me yards...ooooh I wish I could have that schedule. Get real.... you act like we are the only ones with a weak schedule. There are alot of weak schedules out there and alot of them are in 3A. So again GOOD LUCK COLONELS and PIRATES in the rest of the season and playoffs, prove the disbelievers wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Close one, wow is Bourbon a little overated!!!
Strikeout King Wrote:I heard the guys who do the radio tonight on the way home from Bath County, why did Powell go away from the Belly Offense most of the game? The radio guys said that's what killed powell

The reason Powell went away from the belly is because Bourbon shut it down.
Fan in Frankfort Wrote:Close one, wow is Bourbon a little overated!!!

Bourbon is an avg. team. Plus Hopkins was not at 100%, you could tell it. Take nothing away from Powell they are avg. too, but it was Bourbons night. When you have turnovers they will haunt you every time. I think the Garrard game took a lot out of Bourbon and they didn't handle it well.
Hit the nail on head Brutal Truth & Grid Iron, there is nothing to be touchy about just giving my opinion like everyone else, if anything I think Bourbon was under rated they were picked 5th in this district and gave Garrard fits and now they are 2nd all I'm saying is give them kids some credit...
Your welcome "mario#1" nothing wrong with crying from time to time I heard it actually cleans your tear ducts, lol..
Pages: 1 2