Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Co. 51 Whitley Co. 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Congratulations Harlan County!
congrats to HC
Good game Bears!
Congrats Bears!!! Any stats?
Da bears!
Congrats Harlan County!
Good job Bears!:notworthy
Can PCC challenve HC next week???
Josh "the Boot" Jenkins had a 41 yard Field Goal!
Way to go Black Bears!!!!!!!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Confusedinglepar
Stardust Wrote:Can PCC challenve HC next week???

Nope...:zzz:
Great job Black Bears! The officials were horrible. HC flagged 14 x = 128 yards, while Whitley was flagged 3 X for 34 yards total. Whitley clearly held all night. Black Bears overcame that and took control near the end of the second quarter. In the 3rd Qtr that was evident. PCC will face a very Filthy Animal Defense next Friday. The Black Bears Gonna Get Filthy Nasty. It is time Condors! GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!

If by challenge you mean win...
then yes.
Way to go Blackbears!!!
BB CLAW Wrote:Great job Black Bears! The officials were horrible. HC flagged 14 x = 128 yards, while Whitley was flagged 3 X for 34 yards total. Whitley clearly held all night. Black Bears overcame that and took control near the end of the second quarter. In the 3rd Qtr that was evident. PCC will face a very Filthy Animal Defense next Friday. The Black Bears Gonna Get Filthy Nasty. It is time Condors! GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!

LMAO at the no call 20 yard hold by WC on Maggard. All due respect for Whitley showing up tonight....and they certianly did, but the Zebra crew had no clue. Philpot is horrendous. Ashurst......enough said. Estep is good official. Too bad he has to work with the rest of these clowns.
Congrats Harlan! I honestly thought Whitley may keep it close.
Congrats HC
The Black Bears keep on rollin' through 5A.
10/14/2011 Harlan Co. 51 Whitley Co. 25
Harlan Co. 14 14 7 16 51
Whitley Co. 14 3 0 8 25
Scoring summary:
HC--Marcus McMillian 28 pass from Jordy Brewer (Josh Jenkins kick); WC--Austin Ysidro 58 run (Seth McCoy kick); WC--Boston Bryant 14 run (McCoy kick); HC--Jake Middleton 52 run (Jenkins kick); WC--McCoy 30 field goal; HC--McMillian 95 kickoff return (kick blocked); HC--Austin Maggard 37 pass from Brewer (McMillian run); HC--McMillian 51 run (Jenkins kick); HC--McMillian 1 run (Jenkins kick); WC--Ysidro 17 run (Ysidro run); HC--McMillian 53 run (kick failed); HC--Jenkins 41 field goal.
Records: Harlan Co. 8-0, Whitley Co. 3-5.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1aqmqRGsu
This game was a good one for a qtr and a half, than it seemed we just let Harlan county start scoring on there first play every possession.
It was obvious HC was heavily keying on Bryant all night and it worked. This was the best defensive performance i have seen this year on stopping him. The physicality of both teams made this a good one.
I didnt come away completely dissapointed, we are a VERY young team. We had a freshman QB run for over a 100 yards on one of the best defenses in all of 5A and the best in the east.
I cant wait for the rematch next year. However, i think were gonna see one in Harlan in the second round.

Good luck Bears. Keep rolling.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Congrats Harlan! I honestly thought Whitley may keep it close.

At first they did! I don't know what happened to our defense; there seemed to be some confusion. But after the defensive coordinator had a little discussion with our boys, and nicely suggested some things they might consider doing; then.....they were lots better!

I won't even go toward the officiating. One time, toward the end of the game, a flag was thrown (everyone knows WHO threw it), on our run back from a punt. Well, no one seemed to know WHAT to call, so they discussed it for a while, separated, discussed it some more, and then tagged Whitley with a personal foul; late hit.....Ridiculous!! That was the only call I saw WC get all night that was absured. We racked up at least a dozen more. I don't like dogging the officials, but this crew was unbelievable.

I met lots of people, parents actually, from WC in the conscession stand line. Very very nice people, so I spent most of the half time and some of 3rd quarter talking about their program and their facilities. WC has a quality program there, and I'm envious of their parking!!

HC pulled out an impressive win, but they certainly knew that they had been in a football game!! So, congratulations to both teams. HC for the victory and WC for a hard fought battle.

BTW after seeing #44, I would've gone for two last week as well. He's HUGE and a strong strong runner. And how about our field goal!! I was so impressed with Josh Jenkins as well as our running backs. I thought Marcus did a bang up job using his skill to pick the way through. That way was usually being paved by his little brother, Aaron.....love you guys!!

Go Black Bears!!!!

To all the PCC fans I've one thing to say:

Close the gates; it's feeding time!!!!

:yum::yum:
Granny Bear Wrote:At first they did! I don't know what happened to our defense; there seemed to be some confusion. But after the defensive coordinator had a little discussion with our boys, and nicely suggested some things they might consider doing; then.....they were lots better!

I won't even go toward the officiating. One time, toward the end of the game, a flag was thrown (everyone knows WHO threw it), on our run back from a punt. Well, no one seemed to know WHAT to call, so they discussed it for a while, separated, discussed it some more, and then tagged Whitley with a personal foul; late hit.....Ridiculous!! That was the only call I saw WC get all night that was absured. We racked up at least a dozen more. I don't like dogging the officials, but this crew was unbelievable.

I met lots of people, parents actually, from WC in the conscession stand line. Very very nice people, so I spent most of the half time and some of 3rd quarter talking about their program and their facilities. WC has a quality program there, and I'm envious of their parking!!

HC pulled out an impressive win, but they certainly knew that they had been in a football game!! So, congratulations to both teams. HC for the victory and WC for a hard fought battle.

BTW after seeing #44, I would've gone for two last week as well. He's HUGE and a strong strong runner. And how about our field goal!! I was so impressed with Josh Jenkins as well as our running backs. I thought Marcus did a bang up job using his skill to pick the way through. That way was usually being paved by his little brother, Aaron.....love you guys!!

Go Black Bears!!!!

To all the PCC fans I've one thing to say:

Close the gates; it's feeding time!!!!

:yum::yum:

Nicely said.
Most Whitley fans are nice as can be lol.

I also agree about the officials. I dont think it was Whitley getting calls as much as it was HC getting flags thrown because the refs didnt like HC. Im glad it didnt affect the game in any way but its like they had it out for HC.

Either way it was a good game.
I wouldnt be surprised if im traveling to Harlan in a few weeks.
"I wouldnt be surprised if im traveling to Harlan in a few weeks."

Wellll, you'll be coming T-shirtless!!!!
:thatsfunn
^
lol, if i could change my favorite team this year it would be Harlan Co. lol.
I would be able to talk serious smack to PCC this week.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
lol, if i could change my favorite team this year it would be Harlan Co. lol.
I would be able to talk serious smack to PCC this week.

PROMISE you, serious smack will be taken care of!!

:Thumbs:
Glad to see your oponion on the refs, I don't think philpot should be allowed to ref any games for Harlan County, he's just as bad in b'ball and I think it's personal. Don't know why but it's obvious.
Sooooo proud of my Black Bears, great game and a big win. Let's keep it going and show PCC what a good team looks like. Let's go for District Champs two years in a row.

GO BEARS!!!!!! :letsparty

Can we keep this thread on topic?
Bear_Paw Wrote:LMAO at the no call 20 yard hold by WC on Maggard. All due respect for Whitley showing up tonight....and they certianly did, but the Zebra crew had no clue. Philpot is horrendous. Ashurst......enough said. Estep is good official. Too bad he has to work with the rest of these clowns.
I agree with you on most points, but IMO Estep is just like the rest of the crew! no different (throw a 15 yd pesonal foul penalty on HC with 11 seconds left in the game?) also that head official?? dont know his name, but I get an ill feeling when I see that he is going to be an official or a basketball ref!! If the numbers are accurate, 14 penalties for HC and 3 for Whitley that is an absolute joke!!! especially considering that the one 15 yd penalty on Whitley was late and still no one breathing knows what the call was for (when they huddled and made the call) The one very telling stat to me is the number of offensive holding calls on HC and no holding calls on Whitley, considering that you could poll 100 officials and they would all say the old cliche (I could call holding on every play) I have heard it said on every level!! With that said, IMO, when you tell me that for an ENTIRE game you have 4 or 5 holding calls on one team and 0 on the other team, then the officials are looking to make that call on the one team!! Its so Ridiculous, mainly because as fans we dont drive 2 hours to watch a 'Dog and Pony' official show, but we come to watch a football game!!

By the way, Hats off to the to both teams offenses they play really well! Both defenses just looked confused!
Pages: 1 2