Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newport Catholic 56, Newport 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
Send NCC the field bill in the morning.
congrats to NCC
Holy Cross and Beechwood both expose NCC. A good team wouldn't have struggled with Newport for a half.
^ I thought this game was close at the half.
It was tied at 14 with 2 minutes left in the 1st half. Like I predicted, NCC gets exposed over the next 2 weeks. When this sr class graduates, NCC becomes another Newport, Bellevue, Holy Cross, Dayton.
^ I think it will be a heck of a match-up with HC. I think HC can beat the Breds
I still think Holy Cross beats them next week, not because im an HC fan, but because HC has more athleticsm and strength across the field.
10/14/2011
Newport Central Catholic 56 Newport 14

Newport Central Catholic 7 14 21 14 56
Newport 0 14 0 0 14
Scoring summary:
NCC--Nick Woltermann 3 run (Matt Burns kick); NCC--Dylan Hayes 4 run (Burns kick); N--Daylyn Garland 79 pass from JayShawn Short (David Franco kick); N--Garland 11 run (Franco kick); NCC--Hayes 2 run (Burns kick); NCC--Hayes 5 run (Burns kick); NCC--Woltermann 9 run (Burns kick); NCC--Woltermann 22 pass from Brady Hightchew (Burns kick); NCC--Garret Frey 14 pass from Hightchew (Burns kick); NCC--Mason Myers 3 run (Burns kick).
Records: Newport Central Catholic 8-0, Newport 4-5.