Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Should Greenup do like Rowan Did?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really think it would help greenup football to do like Rowan did a few years ago and play a non-district schedule for a couple of years to build itself back to a Football School again. When fairview drop football that year is was awful for the kids and the weak schedule they play now really does make more kids want to play ball, isn't that really what the game is about; letting the kids have a chance to have fun!
that's right Wrote:I really think it would help greenup football to do like Rowan did a few years ago and play a non-district schedule for a couple of years to build itself back to a Football School again. When fairview drop football that year is was awful for the kids and the weak schedule they play now really does make more kids want to play ball, isn't that really what the game is about; letting the kids have a chance to have fun!
I know a few people I wish you could get that point across to.

I don't think they should drop out of district. Greenup is completely different. Youth and injuries have absolutely decimated them this year. They have some young talent and if the adults keep a good attitude they should be fine.
I think they could pick up a lot of kids by going to the weaker schedule and put the two jr. teams back. They are weak all through the system.
Huge mistake to go non-district.
I think a couple of years would really help that program.