Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Smallest players with the biggest hearts!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As a coach you always love to see a little guy who challenges the biggest guys on the team. He very seldomly wins but he never backs down and has desire.
I had a player on the team last season, He was a 140 pound nose guard. If he was 5'4 I'm probably streching it. Every day, He would challenge the biggest guys on the team, Every day he gave every thing he had. No size, No strength, No atheletic ability. Too slow to be a defensive back or outside backer. One of those guys that goes with the backs when practice starts but gradually finds his way to going with the o-line, You know what I mean.
I would't play him for the first couple of games except on special teams, figured I'd be hurting the team playing this 140 pound d-lineman too much.
So he stood on the sideline, unfortunately right in my back pocket." Get me in coach, I'll play anywhere, Please coach, Please!" So about the 3rd game of the season, I think it was the 3rd quarter, We were down and I gave him his shot.
Now he wasn't a world beater, not even a really good player, but play after play he gave every ounce he had and never quit no matter how many times he got beat. This young man made a starter for us as a nose guard, the smallest man on the team in size but with the biggest heart! This young man's name is Brandon Mullins and I never got a chance to tell him his efforts were greatly appriciated. Who's the little guy on your team with the heart of a giant?
asland had Blake Runnels and Trace Stafford, a LB and DT both 140lbs.
weston robinson, 5'9 150, and thats small for football players now, and played running back for pikeville for 3 years a school with some big time names at running back.
Paitnsville- Hunter Preston (5'8" 140-145lbs).
Well steven baley was about the same weight and lol he could hit a little but never really got to play. but good job little guy. we got another player on the team and we call him smilie and he has a really big heart for the team and pushes the best players on the team to do good.
what about j owens boz i know you know him he loves the game to:rock:
I'm going back a couple years, Shaun Burchett of Paintsville.
Anthony Barker from South Floyd.
paintsville also had will-bob rapier he was super small but man he could bring the heat. he was real tuff he eventualy went to the marins.
Quirvon Merchant - Pike Central 5'7 125 lb 10th grader, will hit you and is not afraid of anything.
I'll tell you about a kid at JC he never missed a practice
or anything and this kid would hit anyone.. smallest guy on the team VANCE BALDWIN
#24 he loves the game but he needs to kno how to play the game better
Anthnoy barker....this kid is like a bulldog....
Tough Turf Wrote:I'll tell you about a kid at JC he never missed a practice
or anything and this kid would hit anyone.. smallest guy on the team VANCE BALDWIN

YESSIR...He gives it his all
james maynard played witha broke leg and look how small he is now that is hart
at lynn camp there is a kid that is about 5'6 and weighs about 150 pounds that plays linebacker, he will hit anybody that wants to hit him, and he loves to challenge ppl. his name is Justin Gorsuch. this kid has the biggest heart of anybody i have ever known.anybody would ber lucky to have at least one of these kind of kids on their team.:fight:
J.R Newsome
The Boz Wrote:As a coach you always love to see a little guy who challenges the biggest guys on the team. He very seldomly wins but he never backs down and has desire.
I had a player on the team last season, He was a 140 pound nose guard. If he was 5'4 I'm probably streching it. Every day, He would challenge the biggest guys on the team, Every day he gave every thing he had. No size, No strength, No atheletic ability. Too slow to be a defensive back or outside backer. One of those guys that goes with the backs when practice starts but gradually finds his way to going with the o-line, You know what I mean.
I would't play him for the first couple of games except on special teams, figured I'd be hurting the team playing this 140 pound d-lineman too much.
So he stood on the sideline, unfortunately right in my back pocket." Get me in coach, I'll play anywhere, Please coach, Please!" So about the 3rd game of the season, I think it was the 3rd quarter, We were down and I gave him his shot.
Now he wasn't a world beater, not even a really good player, but play after play he gave every ounce he had and never quit no matter how many times he got beat. This young man made a starter for us as a nose guard, the smallest man on the team in size but with the biggest heart! This young man's name is Brandon Mullins and I never got a chance to tell him his efforts were greatly appriciated. Who's the little guy on your team with the heart of a giant?
Hey i know who your talking about and he was the perfect ex. of heart.
owens knows how to play the game sounds like you dont much about the game
he had a good running record i know that
the principal Wrote:#24 he loves the game but he needs to kno how to play the game better
he showed me he knows how to play. I think u got a disease called ignorence.
I Think you may be right.
i really doubt he had the running record but he was good
Anthony Barker
Quote:I'm going back a couple years, Shaun Burchett of Paintsville.

I agree with that one 100%! Burchett loved the game and played his heart out every play...
Quote:I agree with that one 100%! Burchett loved the game and played his heart out every play...

YESSS!!!
yep
Anthony Barker from SF
anthony barker sf
barker for sf
Pages: 1 2