Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Moeller football team aiming for national title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Moeller football team aiming for national title

Moeller football coach John Rodenberg emphasizes the Crusaders take it one game at a time each week. But, that’s where the cliche ends.

After Moeller (7-0) captured the GCL-South title outright with a win over host Elder last week, the team held it’s standard meeting Saturday morning and decided to add another goal: a national title.

After he asked the team how it wanted to approach the final three weeks of the regular season, Rodenberg said the team’s response was clear.

“He told us on Saturday that we are going to do the same in practices,” Moeller senior wide receiver Monty Madaris said. “It’s up to us whether we want to a national championship or state title.”

Moeller plays host to Indianapolis Cathedral (5-3) Friday night before the Crusaders travel to Lakewood St. Edward Oct. 22 [B]and conclude the season with a potential epic showdown at Louisville Trinity Oct. 28.[/B]

Rodenberg said he was prepared to possibly rest his starters for the Trinity game and be satisfied with being healthy going into the postseason. Now, that outlook has changed with the lofty No. 1-state ranking and No. 16 national ranking by USA Today and No. 6 nationally by Rivals.com among others.
which national titlw will they be playing for? lol, there are several publications that award national champions.
If Moeller and Trinity both win out, the only team that would argue with a T vs Moeller national title game could be Don Bosco Prep.
I honestly think if Trinity beats Moeller, they will be the National Champs.
toussaints Wrote:which national titlw will they be playing for? lol, there are several publications that award national champions.

It mentioned USA Today
School Admin. Wrote:I honestly think if Trinity beats Moeller, they will be the National Champs.

What is the comparison to Don Bosco's schedule
Stardust Wrote:What is the comparison to Don Bosco's schedule

The one game that sticks out to me is when they crushed Mission Viejo from California 35-7 for their first game.