Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: My Top 25 Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Note: this top 25 was made by Max Preps and not myself. Have fun lol

1 Trinity
2 John Hardin
3 Highlands
4 Bowling Green
5 St. Xavier
6 Warren Central
7 Christian County
8 Harlan County
9 DuPont Manual
10 Lexington Catholic
11 Scott County
12 Covington Catholic
13 Rockcastle County
14 Mayfield
15 Beechwood
16 Newport Central Catholic
17 Ryle
18 Belfry
19 Butler
20 Bell County
21 Breathitt County
22 Central
23 Boyle County
24 Paducah Tilghman
25 North Hopkins

Max Preps Match-up Predictions

#1 Trinity vs:

#2 John Hardin – W 42-14
#3 Highlands – W 47-19
#11 Scott Co. – W 42-7
#8 Harlan Co. – W 49-14
#12 Covington Catholic - W 48-12
#17 Ryle – W 44-7
#20 Bell Co. – W 44-7
#23 Boyle Co. – W 40-0

I'm not totally sold on the Maxprep match-up, but it's good argument fodder
Maxpreps matchup
#2 John Hardin vs:

#3 Highlands – W 34-32
#4 Bowling Green – W 28-27
#5 St. X – W 28-21
#11 Scott Co. – W 34-21
#8 Harlan Co. – W 35-21
Quote:Note: this top 25 was made by Max Preps and not myself. Have fun lol

1 Trinity
2 John Hardin
3 Highlands
4 Bowling Green
5 St. Xavier
6 Warren Central
7 Christian County
8 Harlan County
9 DuPont Manual
10 Lexington Catholic
11 Scott County
12 Covington Catholic
13 Rockcastle County
14 Mayfield
15 Beechwood
16 Newport Central Catholic
17 Ryle
18 Belfry
19 Butler
20 Bell County
21 Breathitt County
22 Central
23 Boyle County
24 Paducah Tilghman
25 North Hopkins

Max preps is horrible!
Who was the last mountain team to beat Bell County.................
Who was the last mountain team to beat Bell County on Log Mountain..................
Who was the last mountain team to beat Bell County on Log Mountain in the playoffs..........

Rockcastle County. Name 3 Mountain schools that have beaten Bell County in back to back seasons, I can name one.

As dominant as Bell County has been, the team that has always been there making them work as hard as possible, just to win the district has been Rockcastle County.

That is why we are allowed to have the "Who would win between Rock and Bell?" and allowed to call Rock-Bell a rivalry. Few, if any, other mountain schools can legitimately be allowed to ask that question or to say they have a rivalry.

When I heard that Bell was being moved to 3A, I was hoping they stayed on the schedule this year, but I just knew they wouldn't. I do not think either AD or program is at fault for that. I just hope that the series comes back. I do not think either wants the other back in their district, but to play annually would be nice.
If i were going to do a top ten id put.

1. Trinity
2. Highlands
3. Bowling Green
4. John Hardin
5. Scott County
6. Cov Cath
7. Lex Cath
8. Boyle County
9. Central
10.Bell County
^I do not think Boyle County is better than Central right now. But to each his own.
laker20 Wrote:I'm not sure that HHS would have a snowballs chance beating JH.

New to Ky HS Football? Highlands beat the tar out of them 2 years ago like 35-0 or something. This years birds team is about as good as that one. HHS used to knocked for being in the easy-bake 5A and now their getting the same thing for being in 4A. Every year the birds played the likes of Christian Co. or JH it was like men against boys. What is so special about this years JH? new uniforms?
^ Some have short memory
JH and BG are a lot better than they have been in the last 5 years.
I honestly do believe they would each give Highlands a game if the they were still in 5A.
I dont think they would win, but i do believe theyd have a shot.
1998 at belfry 14 bell 13 second round play offs
1999 at bell 8 lawrence 40
2000 both rock and blazer at their home "neither true mountain teams in the sense"
2001 prestonsburge, corbin and rock twice once at log mtn the other at their plce
2002 rock doubled em up again
2003 corbin and boyd both log mtn
2004 p-burge
2005 rock log mtn
2006 rock twice
2007 notta
2008 notta state champs
2009 notta
2010 notta
so it's been counting this year baring some strange happenings will be another notta year. i'm just saying it has and can happen. just not likely. all records were provided by KHSAA.org
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:Theres a good reason for that too, their more populated, way better facilities/training there for = stronger faster players, and most of all Recruiting

You obviously are talking about something you know nothing about! You should come see Highlands facilities sometime; they suck! Highlands gets very little state money that other schools get, to build their impressive facilities that they have. People always looking for excuses to why Highlands is better and do not bother to get the facts. As far as recruiting, Highlands academic reputation recruits all the students to Fort Thomas. OK, maybe a few parents send kids to HHS for athletics, but come spend some time in Ft Thomas and you will realize 98-99% of parents send kids to school here for the education (and the good sports programs are a nice added benefit). What percentage of your schools kids go on to college? I can guess that these people complaining about recruiting are not to concerned about academics and their schools have a low % of kids going on to college. Highlands consistently has about 95% go on to college. These kids grow up thinking that is just the way everybody does it and work hard for good grades; and I think this work ethic carries over on to the athletic fields.
sstack Wrote:Highlands gets very little state money that other schools get, to build their impressive facilities that they have.

Highlands is in an independent district, the majority of their money comes from Ft. Thomas
sstack Wrote:You obviously are talking about something you know nothing about! You should come see Highlands facilities sometime; they suck! Highlands gets very little state money that other schools get, to build their impressive facilities that they have. People always looking for excuses to why Highlands is better and do not bother to get the facts. As far as recruiting, Highlands academic reputation recruits all the students to Fort Thomas. OK, maybe a few parents send kids to HHS for athletics, but come spend some time in Ft Thomas and you will realize 98-99% of parents send kids to school here for the education (and the good sports programs are a nice added benefit). What percentage of your schools kids go on to college? I can guess that these people complaining about recruiting are not to concerned about academics and their schools have a low % of kids going on to college. Highlands consistently has about 95% go on to college. These kids grow up thinking that is just the way everybody does it and work hard for good grades; and I think this work ethic carries over on to the athletic fields.
Harlan Ind.,consistently listed in the top 10 in Kentucky high schools. #4 in 2011.
haha breathit should deffinityl be in the top 25 maybe top 15..............7-0 record proves it!
Pages: 1 2