Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can Johnson Central beat Covcath this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does Johnson Central have any chance to beat Covington Catholic this year in the playoffs? It would be sad if they don't beat CovCath and get to play at Highlands. I'm sure Highlands would like to put a running clock on Johnson Central in Jude's final game and end Johnson Central's season for about the 4th or 5th time in a row.
FWIW. I always enjoy the Johnson Central game more than any other. That's a compliment to their players, coaches, and fans.
No
NO
Massay Predictions give the edge to Covington Catholic 38-26

http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/m...Boys/2011/
Since JC has won this game the last 3 years maybe 4 I'm not sure. Shouldn't the question be Is this the year cov cath beats the eagles.

Ofcourse JC can win. Will they? Idk but they definately can they have a fine program capable of beating anyone in 4a if they have some Things go there way
lol:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Since JC has won this game the last 3 years maybe 4 I'm not sure. Shouldn't the question be Is this the year cov cath beats the eagles.

Ofcourse JC can win. Will they? Idk but they definately can they have a fine program capable of beating anyone in 4a if they have some Things go there way

By your logic the same 6 teams would be state champs every year, somthing I could live with:Thumbs:

Can they :yes: but they are underdogs but I am not as sold on NKY football being quite as good this year as it has been in the past which might in turn mean CC isn't quite as good as they apear granted they are good and I might be way off on NKY in general granted I watch it as close as I can from a distance to try and gauge Beechwood's team for when they likely play my Cardinals
This thread is a bit premature. Both teams still have games to win before this matchup would even happen.
Can Cov. Cath stop a power rushing team? If they are able to stop the JC running game, they will win. It's as simple as that. Can they..........we'll have to see.
At this point in the season, and with JC's schedule, it is hard to say. JC has shown they are a good team with better than average coaching, so until they get knocked off as a top team, I think you have to consider them a true challenge. The next couple games should give us some answers, but right now I give the edge to CCH, due to their dual attack offense which will give JC troubles. The question is can CCH's D slow down JC's running game. In a shoot out, I think CCH has the better O.
Keepnitreal Wrote:Can Cov. Cath stop a power rushing team? If they are able to stop the JC running game, they will win. It's as simple as that. Can they..........we'll have to see.

Fair, but I don't think that JC would be able to rely on the running game and at some point may be forced to throw the ball. The Colonels can put up points past with their attacking offense. If JC cannot stop CCH, this becomes a shootout. If it's a shootout, passing teams generally win!
Covcath's D is horrible, but I think they can stack the line with wide bodies and gang tackle jude. Jude will break a few and once he gets past the 1st 5 yards, those defenders they got back there with 5.2 speed aren't going to catch him.
What a stupid thread. But that's just about LeftWing wacko's speed. It's what, week 8, still in the regular season.
I agree that this thread's OP is scrambled. The question is whether this will be the year that Covington Catholic breaks its losing streak against Johnson Central. I think that Covington Catholic has improved this season and Johnson Central is playing a lot of young players. However, JC returns an All-State running back who rushed for more than 400 yards last season in a playoff game against the Colonels. If CovCath forces JC to pass much, then they have an excellent chance of winning such a game, if it takes place. But that has not happened in a while.
From what I have seen since 06 covcath has wanted nothing to do with Central's offense.
johnson central wont come within 4 scores of cov cath........
I don't think they can do it, however anything can happen so ya never know.
I hope when the playoff does come to see a bunch of these ole boys for Eastern Ky show them city schools how mountain boys play football.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:From what I have seen since 06 covcath has wanted nothing to do with Central's offense.

Covcath unfortunately has gotten better. On offense at least. The defense is still out there playing like the Covcath of 2007-10 and getting blown up though.
What they actually have in common is that both offenses are very methodical. Cov. Cath's offense is good, but not explosive. Their defense quite honestly is just not very good. Playing at JC gives IMO a slight edge to JC. But like an earlier poster stated, both have to get there first.
Should be a good game but i dont think JC defense can defend CC passing game as they had trouble with PCC. But JC will be ready come playoff time so id say the game is about mutual both ways.
No.