Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville Courier Journal Litkenhous rankings October 10, 2011 (TOP 20)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. Trinity - 164.8
2. Bowling Green - 136.0
3. St X - 133.4
4. John Hardin - 132.1
5. Highlands - 132.0
6. Warren Central - 123.4
7. Covington Catholic - 121.1
8. Scott County - 120.7
9. Ryle - 118.7
10. Harlan County - 117.0
11. Butler - 115.5
12. Lex Catholic - 114.9
13. Beechwood 114.5
14. Central - 112.1
15. Manual 111.9
16. Boyle Co 111.7
17. Jeffersontown - 109.3
18. Boone county 109.1
19. Christian county 109.1
20. Franklin Simpson - 109.0

The Harlan County Black Bears ranked #10 overall in the state in this poll, ranked ahead of a lot of very good football teams and looking to move on up in the future! Keep up the good work Tom Larkey and Company!

What are everyones thoughts on the Litkenhous Rankings?
Whats funny is Central loses to ST X barely, OT if im not mistaken by one point, and yet there 11th spots below them.
Joke.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whats funny is Central loses to ST X barely, OT if im not mistaken by one point, and yet there 11th spots below them.
Joke.
Yes and 2 years ago Ky beat LSU and never got ranked anywhere near#1 and eventual National Champ LSU in any poll of any kind! Its called ENTIRE BODY OF WORK sir, that is what these rankings are based on, not one game heads up.
Christian County is way overrated.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Yes and 2 years ago Ky beat LSU and never got ranked anywhere near LSU in any poll of any kind! Its called ENTIRE BODY OF WORK sir, that is what these rankings are based on, not one game heads up.

Well then it's definitely flawed, because when I look at all of St X's games, I find it hard to believe that they could beat any other team in the top 10.

Tica Wrote:Christian County is way overrated.

Franklin-Simpson is overrated, Christian County is 110% legit and may be the 2nd best 5A team west of I65. I think Christian Co is better than Warren Central.
No. 1 is correct. The next four are also correct, although not in that particular order.

Unsure how Highlands dropped to No. 5. Does it have to beat its District competition 100-0 instead of 70-0 in order to stay up in the rankings? Serious question.
Poll looks pretty poor IMO.
laker20 Wrote:Franklin-Simpson is overrated, Christian County is 110% legit and may be the 2nd best 5A team west of I65. I think Christian Co is better than Warren Central.

An argument can certainly be made for that. I wouldn't make it, but AN argument can be made for that. The BGR Members Rankings agrees with you.

Each has their black mark wins (Central come from behind victory over 1-6 Ballard, Christian County come from behind victories over Ohio County and Fort Campbell) and each has their strong victories (Central blowouts over Franklin-Simpson and Fort Campbell, Christian County blowouts over Henderson County and truncated blowout of Madisonville). Is it just a feeling that gives you that impression or something else?

I don't understand your feelings about Franklin-Simpson being overrated at all. Is it the 3 point victory over Warren East while missing their best player (and their second best for the last quarter) that is bothering you? I don't see how you can declare Franklin-Simpson overrated but Christian County 110% legit given the way Christian County has looked in the middle of their season.
I don't agree with most of them.
Also, I really dont think St. Xavier is the #3 team in the state.
DragonFire Wrote:An argument can certainly be made for that. I wouldn't make it, but AN argument can be made for that. The BGR Members Rankings agrees with you.

Each has their black mark wins (Central come from behind victory over 1-6 Ballard, Christian County come from behind victories over Ohio County and Fort Campbell) and each has their strong victories (Central blowouts over Franklin-Simpson and Fort Campbell, Christian County blowouts over Henderson County and truncated blowout of Madisonville). Is it just a feeling that gives you that impression or something else?

I don't understand your feelings about Franklin-Simpson being overrated at all. Is it the 3 point victory over Warren East while missing their best player (and their second best for the last quarter) that is bothering you? I don't see how you can declare Franklin-Simpson overrated but Christian County 110% legit given the way Christian County has looked in the middle of their season.

As far as Christian Co - Warren Central goes, it's just my opinion based on there performances. My point being that Christian Co belongs in the neighborhood of Warren central.

In regards to Franklin-Simpson, they are a very good team, I just think 20th in the state is a bit much. Where is Franklin Co., Bell Co, Newport, etc. There are several teams that I would expect before Franklin-Simpson. I think Madisonville and Franklin-Simpson are the best two teams in 4A from the west.....Lone Oak would be my 3rd.
Does anyone on here really think St. X this season deserves the 3rd spot? If so, Central is #4 IMO.
I think Mayfield could possibly belong in this ranking.
Highlands is 4 or 5 Td's better than every team in the state with the exception of Trinity. I'd also like to see Highlands play Trinity with their 2 starting WR's and 2 starting Tackles that didn't play in the scrimmage. We've seen how good the Western part of the state is for the last 4 years in the 5A finals. Why would this year be any different? I guess since Highlands isn't in 5A and won't play those underachievers in the finals this year, they're now magically better. What a joke.
kypecos Wrote:No. 1 is correct. The next four are also correct, although not in that particular order.

Unsure how Highlands dropped to No. 5. Does it have to beat its District competition 100-0 instead of 70-0 in order to stay up in the rankings? Serious question.

I think this is fair since it is a computer ranking. Computers are looking at the level of competition! The level of competition would dictate that the HHS schedule has been weak, no matter how bad they are winning, thus a drop can be expected.

It's why you should disregard these polls and your only source for legitimate and unbiased polls is right here on Bluegrass Rivals!!!:betterthanexpected:
Your not getting an argument from me on Highlands schedule. It's littered with awful teams. Who knew Boyle, Dixie, Ryle, and Elder would be so pathetic.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:1. Trinity - 164.8
2. Bowling Green - 136.0
3. St X - 133.4
4. John Hardin - 132.1
5. Highlands - 132.0
8. Scott County - 120.7
9. Ryle - 118.7
11. Butler - 115.5
12. Lex Catholic - 114.9
13. Beechwood 114.5
14. Central - 112.1
15. Manual 111.9
16. Boyle Co 111.7
18. Boone county 109.1

The Harlan County Black Bears ranked #10 overall in the state in this poll, ranked ahead of a lot of very good football teams and looking to move on up in the future! Keep up the good work Tom Larkey and Company!

the litkenhous ranking are a joke harlan county is not better then central or lex cath or beechwood . wow if you want good ranking ask Ramp It up The Gut
Christian County barely beat Fort Campbell and Lone Oak, two teams that Tilghman dismantled by 30+ points. Tilghman deservedly is not in the top 20 teams. Including CC among them is a real stretch.
Year in year out these rankings are not very good, probably the worst of the bunch.
Tica Wrote:Christian County barely beat Fort Campbell and Lone Oak, two teams that Tilghman dismantled by 30+ points. Tilghman deservedly is not in the top 20 teams. Including CC among them is a real stretch.

I see what your saying, but we know that Lone Oak's first game was a very poor performance. PT barely beat Graves Co, a team that Madisonville dismantled and Christian Co dismantled Madisonville. I'm just going off of what I perceive to be the better teams in 5A, and if Warren Central is up there, then CC deserves to be there as well.

Perhaps both are overrated in Litkenhous.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Your not getting an argument from me on Highlands schedule. It's littered with awful teams. Who knew Boyle, Dixie, Ryle, and Elder would be so pathetic.

Wow....Boyle is awful and pathetic. They are obviously not near last years team but awful and pathetic. Little dramatic are we.
laker20 Wrote:Well then it's definitely flawed, because when I look at all of St X's games, I find it hard to believe that they could beat any other team in the top 10.

Franklin-Simpson is overrated, Christian County is 110% legit and may be the 2nd best 5A team west of I65. I think Christian Co is better than Warren Central.
I guess Christian County has come a long way and must have learned a great deal from the 50-0 beating they received compliments of Fort Thomas Highlands last year in the State Finals?

Regarding St X, I would find it easy to believe considering the unbelievably brutal schedule they have played along with the tremendous coaching staff they have, not to mention all of the athletes and talent they have they could very well beat any of the other top 10 teams on a neutral field with the exception of Trinity and Highlands...
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I guess Christian County has come a long way and must have learned a great deal from the 50-0 beating they received compliments of Fort Thomas Highlands last year in the State Finals?

Regarding St X, I would find it easy to believe considering the unbelievably brutal schedule they have played along with the tremendous coaching staff they have, not to mention all of the athletes and talent they have they could very well beat any of the other top 10 teams on a neutral field with the exception of Trinity and Highlands...

And Bowing Green
64black&gold Wrote:Wow....Boyle is awful and pathetic. They are obviously not near last years team but awful and pathetic. Little dramatic are we.

I'd hate to speak for WideLeft but I believe he was being sarcastic.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:1. Trinity - 164.8
2. Bowling Green - 136.0
3. St X - 133.4
4. John Hardin - 132.1
5. Highlands - 132.0
8. Scott County - 120.7
9. Ryle - 118.7
11. Butler - 115.5
12. Lex Catholic - 114.9
13. Beechwood 114.5
14. Central - 112.1
15. Manual 111.9
16. Boyle Co 111.7
18. Boone county 109.1

The top 5 aren't too too bad with the only exception being Bowling Green #2. Highlands/John Hardin/X could all go either way. Cov. Cath and Lex Cath are much better than their ranking. Covington Catholic has a very real chance of a 4a title this year. The Birds are ripe for pluckin, IMO.
64black&gold Wrote:Wow....Boyle is awful and pathetic. They are obviously not near last years team but awful and pathetic. Little dramatic are we.

I knew Lefty would get under someone's skin with his trolling!
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I guess Christian County has come a long way and must have learned a great deal from the 50-0 beating they received compliments of Fort Thomas Highlands last year in the State Finals?

Does this insinuate that the 34-6 loss to Highlands in the semi-finals was less humiliating? If so, hang your hat on that if you must.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Highlands is 4 or 5 Td's better than every team in the state with the exception of Trinity. I'd also like to see Highlands play Trinity with their 2 starting WR's and 2 starting Tackles that didn't play in the scrimmage. We've seen how good the Western part of the state is for the last 4 years in the 5A finals. Why would this year be any different? I guess since Highlands isn't in 5A and won't play those underachievers in the finals this year, they're now magically better. What a joke.
Highlands wasn't 4-5 TD's better than Boyle Co and they had their starting WR's and starting tackles. What do the past 4 years (or last 20 years for that matter) have to do with 2011? If that is your mantra, then the last time Highlands played X in 2005 and 2006 they had a running clock put on them one year and lost by 14 the next year.
I hope Highlands playoff road is as follows 1st rd-doesn't matter running clock
2nd round Johnson Central/Ashland=running clock
3rd rd CovCath/Johnson Central= 4 TD victory for Highlands if its Covcath. Running clock if it's Johnson Central
semi's Boyle/Lexcath-35 pt victory
finals-running clock 1st half
^ Troll Award!
Thunder Lips Wrote:Highlands wasn't 4-5 TD's better than Boyle Co and they had their starting WR's and starting tackles. What do the past 4 years (or last 20 years for that matter) have to do with 2011? If that is your mantra, then the last time Highlands played X in 2005 and 2006 they had a running clock put on them one year and lost by 14 the next year.
Hey pal
Pages: 1 2