Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Vader? What went wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What happened to Vader? Did the locker room incident with Paul Orndorff in WCW kill him out or was it WWF's complete mis-use of him that did him in? Or was it something else or a combination of things? Vader was a legit legend in Japan and a tough SOB. In his younger days, he was incredibly athletic and had the monster routine down to perfection. Although hew was rumored to be incredibly stiff and hard to work with, he still had some very good matches with some of the top guys in both the U.S. and Japan.
^ I'm not sure. I know he will still working in Japan a few years ago, but I have not heard anything about him for a long time. His mystique with the boys ended when Orndorff pummeled him, while wearing flip-flops! Every time I hear Orndorff talk these days, he has to bring up that incident as he chastises the entire industry and pats himself on the back as being the toughest SOB in wrestling.

I can't say for sure, bust I think that the embarrassment of the butt kicking played on Vader and his psyche! He's never been able to live that down.
I just looked him up. At 54, he probably can't do much. His style was an athletic big man, and the wear and tear that professional football did to his legs and back, plus the moonsaults for a 400 lb man, he probably can't walk now!