Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 59 Paintsville 54 -- OT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
This game went to OT. Was a very exciting game, I will guarantee you refs are gonna get blamed. Yeah they were a little questionable tonight, but Paintsville should have NEVER been in the situation they were in the final seconds of the game. They had a 12 point lead in the 4th quarter, Wireman figured out a way to stop Kendra and Chelsee at the same time. On the offensive side Wireman went to a motion offense setting screens at the top of the key for open basket cuts that cut into the lead every trip up the floor. That's when Baldwin should have switched to a 2-3 zone to stop the open cuts to the hoop.

When Emily Wireman developes into a solid post player, JC will dominate this region. If JC doesn't win it this year, they will the next 3, mark it down. Emily did a good job tonight blocking Chelsee out. Conley and Ritz both had a hell of game for JC.

Kendra, Chelsee and Laura played good tonight, Russ had a decent but she wasn't 100%, hopefully the time off and rest this weekend will get her ankle healed. Had Laura have not fouled out half way thru the 4th quarter Paintsville probably would have won this game.

Keep your heads up girls, you'll get it when it counts.

Congrats JC on the hard fought victory and comeback.
Paintsville played a great game but things didn't go their way at the end and things like that happen. Like PC said, they'll get 'em when it counts.
"Pupaw" Wrote:Paintsville played a great game but things didn't go their way at the end and things like that happen. Like PC said, they'll get 'em when it counts.

Like I said, if Laura wouldn't have fouled out we PROBABLY would have won, but there is no way of proving that so it really doesn't matter. If we would have hit our free throws down the stretch we would have been fine, I'd like to see what we shot from the charity stripe the last 3 minutes.
Congrats Johnson Central
So what do they do in this situation for the district tourney?
wow i didnt expect this i left at halftime thinkin that JC couldnt win when they only put up 9 points in the 2nd quarter good win JC
Correct me if I am wrong, Magoffin Co. & Johnson Central will flip a coin Sunday at 3:00 p.m.
Paintsville played a great game BUT THE free throws KILLED US.
Congrats to Johnson Central
"smoothie" Wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, Magoffin Co. & Johnson Central will flip a coin Sunday at 3:00 p.m.
they will flip but dont know when
about the coin toss......it is sunday.....whoever wins the toss gets a bye, and the other team will play paintsville. The winner of the lc and sc game will play the team who gets the buy.