Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Chiefs 28 - Colts 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Colts blow a lead to the worst team in football - making the Colts the worst team in football
I thought they were before this game.
They're nothing without Peyton Manning.
^ The Colts still had a solid D. I can see what Peyton does for the O, but this is reculous that the D plays this bad at home
Yeah, they do have a decent D. But it's the Pros. You can't win games with just a solid D. If Peyton doesn't come back, I don't think they'll win a game.
I can NOT wait to talk to the ole man about this one! HAHA Chiefs? Really!
Wrap-up: Chiefs 28, Colts 24
October, 9, 2011

By Paul Kuharsky
Thoughts on the Colts’ 28-24 loss to the Chiefs at Lucas Oil Stadium:

What it means: Even with a 17-point lead at home against a bad team, the Colts are not safe. They dropped to 0-5 because they couldn’t contain receiver Steve Breaston, who caught two touchdown passes from Matt Cassel, and because they did nothing offensively after halftime. They had four series, three first downs and 64 total net yards after intermission.

What I didn’t like: I saw Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe run through virtually the entire secondary en route to a 41-yard touchdown. And Thomas Jones did similar work on a 21-yard run up the middle, where only Antoine Bethea was able to square him up and take him down. The Colts simply have to be closer to playmakers and do better bringing them down.

What I didn’t like, II: On fourth-and-6 with the Colts' last chance, Curtis Painter threw incomplete for Anthony Gonzalez. So be it. But if you’re throwing to a guy who’s going down on fourth down, at least make it a guy who’s at or beyond the first-down marker. A catch there is the same as the incompletion was because Gonzalez wasn’t deep enough.

What I liked: Aside from that final pass attempt, Painter was about as efficient as could be expected even with the second-half stall. He hit on 15 of 27 passes for 277 yards with no sacks behind a line that included a right tackle signed in the past week. He threw two TDs to Pierre Garcon for the second week in a row and didn’t throw a pick.

Injury concern: The Colts lost Joseph Addai to a hamstring injury after just six carries and Delone Carter and Donald Brown took the rest of the work at running back.

What’s next: The Colts make a short trip to Cincinnati to face the surprising Bengals and one of the league's top defenses so far.
Stardust Wrote:Colts blow a lead to the worst team in football - making the Colts the worst team in football

Can't argue with that. Too bad I picked them to win, shoulda known that that 50 year old QB wouldn't be able to do it.
Didn't expect this.