Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UFC's Dana White wants Sonnen-Silva rematch ASAP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HOUSTON -- UFC President Dana White's usual post-press-conference gathering with reporters took place late Saturday in Houston. Excerpts from the informal give-and-take with a small group of journalists:

Q: What was going through your mind when Chael Sonnen went on a spiel (about Anderson Silva)?

White: That's very Chael.

Those guys really don't like each other. Anderson, I don't know if any of you saw his face when (Chael) won, but he wasn't doing the whole joking around thing.

He (Silva) was (ticked) and he's really upset about the whole smacking his wife on the butt thing and cook him dinner. He's really upset about it. He's really (ticked) about it.

So you're making that fight then?

Probably, yeah. More than likely. I don't like to commit to anything the night of the fight, you know what I mean? But yeah, I'd be pretty (freaking) stupid if I don't make that fight.

So Dan Henderson would have to wipe out Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in two seconds or something like that next month to get a title shot?

If you look at the timing, we've had such a string of bad luck where guys get injured and things happen and all this stuff goes on. We know we can make this fight. How many fights have you seen Chael get injured and pull out? Pretty good (chance) if we make this fight, it's going to happen.

What do you want to see next from Frankie Edgar? Who fights him next?

I don't know. Honestly? I'd like to see him move to 145 and fight Aldo.

Give up the belt?

Yup.

What are the chances of that happening?

I don't know. Who knows? I'm not going to make him do it. How do you make a guy who's been so dominant at that weight class -- who am I to say, you can't stay here? You beat everybody in this division, it's a tough argument to have with him.

Does Melvin Guillard losing make the decision easier?

No, not really.

I agree with Lauzon. He came dancing in there like he won, like he just won the fight, instead of being serious.

I'm not taking anything from Lauzon. Lauzon fought awesome. It'd be one thing if it went to the ground and Lauzon submitted him. He rocked him twice and then submitted him.

I just think that kid doesn't have the focus that he needs. He's got all the talent and the skills.

Does Gilbert Melendez make the most sense as a No. 1 contender?
Chael Sonnen cut the best post-fight interview I've ever seen in the UFC.

Sonnen is taking that title from Silva, watch it.
^ It was a Pro Wrestling type promo!
J-Rod is Sonnen's #1 fan
I do love me some Sonnen Wink
Im right behind him then.

Anderson Silva, You absolutely suck!

This needs to be some kind of T shirt.
Well, Sonnen has lost to Silva once. This time it may end his career
He lost, but he kicked his ass for 23 minutes.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:He lost, but he kicked his ass for 23 minutes.

“In some parallel universe, you can hit a man 300 times and he wraps his legs around your head for eight seconds and they call him the winner."