Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Holmes at Highlands 10/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wins and Why?
I think Highlands wins big, like most of their games this year, but i'm interested to see if Holmes defense can create some problems for the birds. Holmes defense is pretty solid
not a chance that Holmes defense will do much of anything. Look for ANOTHER 2nd half running clock
Highlands.
highlands by 3-4 TDs. Holmes is a lot better than PC and HC but they are no CovCath or Highlands.

Pat Towles is the No.1 reason why among many.
I am very interested to see what kind of sportsmanship Holmes displays in this game. I have heard from several teams that late in the game, when losing, they start to play dirty. I have not seen this for myself and just taking this from what I have heard from others. I heard it from 3 different teams, so it makes you wonder.
I will go ahead and say that Highlands obviously has to be the favorite. However, I have seen Holmes play a few times this year and they are a tough, tough team. Their defense is tenacious and their offense is starting to click. They are in no way a "dirty" team from what I have witnessed over multiple games. They play hard and hit hard, and are honestly fun to watch. But, as earlier stated, Highlands has to be the favorite for many reasons. They control their own destiny to get to Bowling Green and everyone else is just playing "catch up."
Holmes will get blown out, but like others have said, this game's first quarter could be very interesting. I see Holmes coming out with a pretty big chip on their shoulder. If they make any level of defensive challenge in the first few plays against HHS, the level of trash talking and shoving will escalate fast. In the end, the Dogs will get beaten with a running clock
Stardust Wrote:Holmes will get blown out, but like others have said, this game's first quarter could be very interesting. I see Holmes coming out with a pretty big chip on their shoulder. If they make any level of defensive challenge in the first few plays against HHS, the level of trash talking and shoving will escalate fast. In the end, the Dogs will get beaten with a running clock
Sounds about right to me.
Holmes's 18 point win over Harrison County spells trouble for them.
Highlands by a big margin as usual
sstack Wrote:I have heard from several teams that late in the game, when losing, they start to play dirty.

It's not dirty play, they just play very aggressive. they don't do anything cheap. compared to the past, this football team shows a good amount of discipline.

i heard they we're barking at ncc's players at halftime, but they are called the bulldogs lol
toussaints Wrote:It's not dirty play, they just play very aggressive. they don't do anything cheap. compared to the past, this football team shows a good amount of discipline.

i heard they we're barking at ncc's players at halftime, but they are called the bulldogs lol

They were losing 21-0 at half, why where they barking? I heard from some pretty reliable people about the dirty play, but I will wait and judge for my self after Fridays game.
I have seen them twice they will hit you and do alot of talking even if they are losing. When it starts to look like its out of reach get Towels out, but Im sure Mueller knows this already. Highlands wins 56-6.
sstack Wrote:They were losing 21-0 at half, why where they barking? I heard from some pretty reliable people about the dirty play, but I will wait and judge for my self after Fridays game.

Haven't you seen a dog on the street get it's but kicked and even when it is running away it will turn around and bark......
Typical Holmes smack talk, with nothing to back it up. This garbage will only get them beat worse.
WHY???? I have yet to hear any kind of acceptable answer as to why Highlands plays such inferior garbage football programs...? Holmes? What a joke.... Pendleton Co? They have football? I understand you have to play teams in your division... why is Highlands in this division? Are these teams honestly thinking all week at practice that they have a chance of beating Highlands? The Birds can easily hang a hundred or more points in these games but call the dogs off in the 1st or 2nd wuarter... This is not good for either team involved. Playing a good football team can make you better but this is another story. Kids get hurt and completely embarrassed. This is a joke. And so is Holmes