Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Warren Central at Bowling Green 10/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wins and Why?
Bowling Green
Battle of the Un-Beatens.

Bowling Green-21
Warren Central-7
WC beat them last year so dont count them out
BG by 10
Bowling Green 35-14. Warren Central gave up 27 points to Ballard and had to come back in the 4th quarter to win 34-27. Ballard is 1-6. Central beat Meade County 14-7. Henderson County beat Meade County 34-16. Bowling Green beat Henderson 55-6. I don't like to compare scores, but it does give some insight into the two teams defense. This is a rivalry game and Central has beat the Purples the last two years. I just don't see it happening this year.
I am going with Bowling Green on this one. But could be a close game.
BG-31
WC-28

Good luck to both Teams!!!
adopted purple Wrote:Warren Central gave up 27 points to Ballard and had to come back in the 4th quarter to win 34-27. Ballard is 1-6.
And Ballard was shutout 36-0 by Eastern on Friday night. Not sure what to think about this Bowling Green/Warren Central game. Comparing scores/schedules makes one think BG should win by a couple of TD's, but Warren Central has beaten them the past 2 years.
The Meade comparison is irrelevant - Thomas Wilson was out against Henderson County. There's not many players in the state that mean more to their team than Wilson does to Meade.

The Ballard game is the real black mark. I have no explanation for the Ballard game. It was easily the worst the defense looked all year. They could not stop the passing attack whatsoever in that game. I will argue that Ballard is 1-6 because of their schedule, but I will not fault anyone that downgrades Central for that game. It was a disappointing effort.

The score comparisons have not meant much the past two years. Last year Bowling Green beat Franklin-Simpson by 35 one week after Central beat them by 1. Didn't matter. Bowling Green will be favored in this game and rightfully so. I may even be fooling myself thinking they have a chance. One argument I do have is one that posited last year on another board. I think it is possible that Central simply poses some sort of a matchup or style problem for Bowling Green, in the same way that Grayson County posed one for Central. Grayson County always gave Central a tougher game than it seemed reasonable for them to. They beat Central in '09 one week before Central beat Bowling Green, and the Grayson win over Central came two weeks after BG beat the Cougars by 28. It doesn't always make sense on paper, but Central has been able to compete and in the past two years, win. I believe they will certainly be competitive in this game.
Wilson was in the game for Meade when they played John Hardin and was handled 38-0. Warren Central may not be John Hardin, but they are viewed in most circles as the team right behind them.

I think it will be a TD either way.
I will say, that Warren Central has had some kind of super human games against Bowling Green the last two years. I like to call it the Mike Rogers effect. Should have been coach of the year last year. He has turned their program around faster than I have ever seen anyone do it. He's a great coach. He sure is a great motivator. The Purples have been favored the last two years, but this is basically the same team for Bowling Green and they have matured and are playing better than I have seen them in years. I've been wrong many times before, but I feel pretty confident about this one. It will be a great game to watch.
The Purples.
Bowling Green 28-21.