Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset 23 Danville 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Congrats Jumpers...............way to pull it all back together when it matters.
Very nice win for Somerset!!!
Jumpers pretty much dominated both sides of the ball.
No turnovers tonight.

Play of the game belongs to SHS Punter Trevor Hurd. Late in 2nd quarter leading 13-0 SHS was punting from around their own 25. High snap forced punter to chase ball back towards goal line with Danville players in hot pursuit. Somerset was looking at either a safety, fumble recovery for a TD or at best pick up the ball and get tackled inside the 5yd line turning the ball over......but Mr. Hurd scooped up the ball and got off a punt to the 27 yard line as he was being dragged down. Instead of scoring or having the ball inside of the 5 with under 2 minutes in the half Danville took over on the 27 and was held out of the endzone.

Score could have easily been 13-7 at the half instead of 13-0.

Congrats Trevor on my pick for "play of the game".
The punter was actually #10 Alex Lange for your play of the game... Trevor Herd only does kick-offs and field goals...
Congrads Somerset. Made me eat crow
Congrats Somerset. I'm glad to see them get back on track and end that 3 game slid.
Ohhhhh. Now Somerset decides to play. SMH. Another one missed.
Trevor kicked well tonight but I think that was Lange back at punter on that play. On another note: I have always understood Somersets side on the playing both county schools. I even bought into the Danville and Corbin are Somersets "rivals" but after seeing only 75 or so Danville fans in the stands Somerset must be the only side that feels that it is a rivalry. If this is what rivalrys are then Somerset needs to play both county schools. Work out the money and get it done!!!!!!!
Wow, I really missed this one. I thought the Admirals could pull this out!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Ohhhhh. Now Somerset decides to play. SMH. Another one missed.

That's what I'm sayin man :lame:
I was wrong on this one. I thought Danville's speed would be too much for the Jumpers. But I was wrong.
Great game by Somerset tonight on both sides of the ball. The offense didn't just light up the scoreboard but they controlled the clock and were able to line up and run the ball down the Admirals throats. On defense the Briar Jumper front line did a great job of getting a push against the Danville offensive front and gave the Admiral ball carriers very little room to run. The linebackers and secondary did an excellent job of keeping contain against Danville's speed. Very nice job all-around especially on the line of scrimmage where Somerset just pushed Danville around. Still some mistakes to clean up, too many penalties and a bad snap on a punt but this was a big win. The pre-district schedule seems to have the Briar Jumpers ready for the games that count. Big game with Lexington Christian next week for first place in the district.
CAN'T GET RIGHT Wrote:Trevor kicked well tonight but I think that was Lange back at punter on that play. On another note: I have always understood Somersets side on the playing both county schools. I even bought into the Danville and Corbin are Somersets "rivals" but after seeing only 75 or so Danville fans in the stands Somerset must be the only side that feels that it is a rivalry. If this is what rivalrys are then Somerset needs to play both county schools. Work out the money and get it done!!!!!!!

The Danville section looked about like it does at their home games anymore. They just don't have a following like they used to. Plus it's Fall break.
IT might have been Alex punting but it looked too small to be him, I thought he wasn't kicking yet due to his quad injury....either way it was a big play in the game.
Jumper Dad Wrote:IT might have been Alex punting but it looked too small to be him, I thought he wasn't kicking yet due to his quad injury....either way it was a big play in the game.

It was definitely Alex. He gave up the placekicking duties but did punt. Bryson Jones is the backup punter.
"There’s no commentary to make it better. We flat sucked. They flat whipped our ass. They blocked our asses off at the line of scrimmage." --Coach Sam Harp in the Danville Advocate Messenger after the game. That pretty much sums it up. Somerset owned the line of scrimmage both on offense and defense.
Wow. I missed this one. Congrats Jumpers!
Nice win for the Jumpers..
According to the Somerset paper, Trevor Herd was the kicker filling in for Alex Lange who has a injured leg, but Alex Lange still did the punting and the credit should go to him on that punt as your "play of the Day". Kudos to Alex Lange for a gamesaving play
Third year in a row this game seemed to shock everyone out in the state....

2009 Jumpers came into the game undefeated having defeated Knox, Russell Co. and Pulaski. Danville was struggling (losses to Corbin and Mason Co) but this was the game they would get healthy in according to most on-line posters .....result Somerset 48-7

2010 Danville is BACK...Danville 3-0 (outscoring opponents 115-14) having shut out Rockcastle and Corbin will roll, Jumpers lost that big ol' line that pushed them around last year... result Somerset 38-13 (and it wasn't that close)

2011 Danville is rolling, just destroyed Corbin only loss is to Boyle. Somerset 3 straight losses, can't handle adversity of tougher schedule. Ads just too fast for the Jumpers....Result Somerset 23-6

2012 Everyone will be picking Danville again and hopefully the Jumpers will take care of business again.

Go Jumpers!!!!
Given Danville's tradition, i have been shocked at their lack of a following.

Green County has been over there 3 or 4 times and taken more fans than the home team had each time.
Yeah I agree, last year when we went to Danville we had as many fans as the home team or more. I think a lot of the casual fans (well if not fans, people who attended the games) have went across town over the last several years and may have jumped on the Rebel band wagon.
A belated congratulations, Somerset!
RoShamBo Wrote:The Danville section looked about like it does at their home games anymore. They just don't have a following like they used to. Plus it's Fall break.

I agree we (Green Co.) has played Danville for the last 4 years with until this season it being in the 2nd Round of the playoffs and 3 of the 4 at Danville. Each time I felt as if we had double the amount of fans.
Glad to see the Jumpers,, Hop all over Danville.....