Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trinity 58 Manual 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
not surprisng
wonder if the Manual coach had any good quotes after this one
nky Wrote:not surprisng

Yeah. I'd love to hear them.

Trinity is way too good. It's almost unfair.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Yeah. I'd love to hear them.

Trinity is way too good. It's almost unfair.

Sad thing is, most of their skill guys are juniors.
congrats to Trinity
Congratulations #1 Trinity!

Umm, I bet his media remarks will be short!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Sad thing is, most of their skill guys are juniors.

I noticed that a couple weeks ago. That's a scary thought! lol.. Congrats Shamrocks! Did anyone else see James Quick's touchdown flip on ESPN's Sports Nation earlier this wek? I thought that was pretty cool when I saw that because I had just watched it the night before on youtube lol:worthy:

my thoughts exactly
10/7/2011

Trinity 58

Manual 7

Manual

Trinity

Scoring summary:

T--Travis Wright 21 run (Bayley Shoptaw kick); T--Shoptaw 24 field goal; T--Garrett Sauer 3 pass from Wright (kick failed); T--James Quick 63 pass from Wright (Shoptaw kick); T--Daylyn Dawkins 2 run (Shoptaw kick); T--Dawkins 6 run (Shoptaw kick); T--Dawkins 25 run (Shoptaw kick); T--Sauer 2 run (Shoptaw kick); M--Grayson Zuberer 16 pass from Luis Thompson (Ridley Prewitt kick); T--Sauer 4 run (Ward kick).
Records: Trinity 7-0, Manual 6-1.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1aAcmakNa
Game Summary

By Jason Frakes

[email]jfrakes@courier-journal.com[/email]

The Courier-Journal

Trinity High School left tackle Tyler English calls it “the best feeling in the world,” watching one of his teammates run through the hole he helped create and sprint toward the end zone.

English and the other four members of the Shamrocks’ vaunted offensive line found plenty of joy Friday night.

Trinity had six rushing touchdowns – including three from Dalyn Dawkins – and got several other standout performances in a 58-7 rout of Manual at Marshall Stadium.

The Shamrocks (7-0, 2-0 Class 6-A District Five), No. 1 in The Courier-Journal’s Litkenhous Ratings and ranked among the top 10 in seven national polls, ran up 517 yards of offense.

That included 254 rushing yards, with Dawkins (12 carries, 142 yards) and Garrett Sauer (four carries, 61 yards, three TDs) leading the way.

“It starts up front,” Shamrocks coach Bob Beatty said. “Those guys on both sides, offensive and defensive lines, I thought did a tremendous job. … We knew it would be a physical ballgame, and they did a good job. The line of scrimmage was taken care of by us.”

Beatty said the offensive line has come together the past two weeks after the return of English, a 6-foot-4 275-pounder who missed three games after suffering a high ankle sprain against Montgomery Bell (Tenn.) on Aug. 26.

English is one of five senior starters on the line, joining left guard Patrick LaFollette (6-0, 195), center John Heile (6-3, 275), right guard Eric Graehler (6-0, 210) and right tackle Joey Warburg (6-6, 260, committed to Illinois).

“We’ve had great chemistry all season because we’ve played together since last year,” English said. “We all know each other, and we’re really good friends. It was great to come back and play with my best friends.”

Trinity also got big games from quarterback Travis Wright (17 of 26, 194 yards, two TDs) and receiver James Quick (six catches, 95 yards, one TD). Wright also carried four times for 42 yards and a score.

No. 17 Manual (6-1, 0-1) was led by junior running back Dishan Romine, who carried 22 times for 86 yards. Senior running back DarMontre Warr missed the game with a hamstring injury.

“We got beat by the better team,” Crimsons coach Oliver Lucas said. “We were in unfamiliar territory, and we have to learn how to play on that level. I thought we should have matched up better than what we did.”

Manual hung tough for much of the first half, trailing 16-0 with less than two minutes remaining. Then Quick struck, catching a pass from Wright and racing 63 yards for a touchdown that made it 23-0 with 49.4 seconds left in the half.

“You’re never going to stop a blue-chipper like that,” Lucas said of Quick. “You’re going to slow him down a little bit, and we did. But it’s still a time bomb. It’s going to explode. You just don’t know when.”

The second half belonged to Dawkins and Sauer. Dawkins had TD runs of 2, 6 and 25 yards. Sauer’s 2-yard TD run made it 51-0 with 51 seconds left in the third quarter and started the mercy-rule running clock that comes into play when a team leads by at least 45 points.

Sauer, whose 4-yard TD run closed the scoring with 2:10 left, said English’s return has sparked the offense.

“I feel a lot more comfortable running behind his five-foot-wide body and hiding behind it,” Sauer said. “I love it. But it’s the whole offensive line. We have guys who are faster and bigger, and it all comes together to make one of the best offensive lines around.”

English and his fellow linemen were at their best Friday night.

“Playing offensive line, you just feed off of everybody else,” English said. “It’s a good time. … You watch them run in the end zone, and you know that you did your job.”
First Quarter

T – Travis Wright 21 run (Bayley Shoptaw kick); T – Shoptaw 24 FG;

Second Quarter

T – Garrett Sauer 3 pass from Wright (kick failed); T – James Quick 63 pass from Wright (Shoptaw kick);

Third Quarter

T – Dalyn Dawkins 2 run (Shoptaw kick); T – Dawkins 6 run (Shoptaw kick); T – Dawkins 25 run (Shoptaw kick); T – Sauer 2 run (Shoptaw kick);

Fourth Quarter

M – Grayson Zuberer 16 pass from Luis Thompson (Ridley Prewitt kick); T – Sauer 4 run (Drew Ward kick).