Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newport Central Catholic 45 Lloyd 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Do the Breds have another challenging game on their schedule?
Congrats NCC
10/7/2011

Newport Central Catholic 45

Lloyd 14

Newport Central Catholic

Lloyd

Scoring summary:

NCC--Mason Myers 12 run (Matt Burns kick); NCC--Logan Martin 20 interception return (Burn kick); NCC--Garrett Frey 9 pass from Brady Hightchew (Burns kick); NCC--Myers 35 run (Burns kick); L--Dexter Smith 1 run (Ricky Torres kick); NCC--Brady Hightchew 10 run (Burns kick); NCC--Brady Hightchew 99 interception return (Burns kick); NCC--Burns 39 field goal; L--Tyler York 29 pass from Smith (Torres kick).
Records: Newport Central Catholic 7-0, Lloyd 3-4.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1aAfA4hxz
NewCath senior quarterback Brady Hightchew combined for 192 total yards and two touchdowns. Hightchew also returned an interception 99 yards for a touchdown.

Newport Catholic jumped out of the gate taking a 28-0 lead into halftime.

For Lloyd, quarterback Dexter Smith went 18-for-32 for 220 yards and one touchdown
Congrats to NCC on the win but also to Lloyd who played a tough game.
Probably not the 'Breds best effort , a little sloppy at times but I loved
Logan Martin's pick 6...its always great when a lineman gets a little glory.
Dakota Kidd and Dexter Smith had a good game in spite of the outcome.
IF Brady didn't snag the Int and instead the pass was complete then perhaps the game may have been even closer. Dylan Hayes and Pete Collopy did not play this game I believe to allow injuries to heal.
WeBelieve Wrote:Congrats to NCC on the win but also to Lloyd who played a tough game.
Probably not the 'Breds best effort , a little sloppy at times but I loved
Logan Martin's pick 6...its always great when a lineman gets a little glory.
Dakota Kidd and Dexter Smith had a good game in spite of the outcome.
IF Brady didn't snag the Int and instead the pass was complete then perhaps the game may have been even closer. Dylan Hayes and Pete Collopy did not play this game I believe to allow injuries to heal.

Six starters sat out for NCC to allow injuries to heal, nothing major , just a good game to rest them.