Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 7 Ashland Blazer 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pirates takes it to the 1 foot line on the last drive and Haywood shows why he is about to be the winning est coach ever kneeling it to close it out.

Trey Willis was a MAN on the last drive.
Very, very even matchup and hard hitting game. Both offenses had more success than the scoreboard would indicate as each team turns it over twice with most of those coming in the other team's zones. Both defenses come up with big 4th Down holds. Pirates got the ball with around 4:00 to go and wouldn't give it up riding Willis down the middle.

Game looked like a throwback to the 70's. Ashland's D wouldn't allow anything outside to the Pirates, Belfry stymies the Tomcat rushing game save two plays.
i beat everyone one was surprised by taking a knee, the streak ends against the mighty Tomcats..
I picked Belfry, but by 35-21.:closeenough:
Hunter 101 passing only 2 misfires (one was an INT)
107 rushing for the Tomcats, 208 total yards
0 for 3rd Down

Willis 19 carries, 113 yards (88 in 2nd Half)
Johnson 11 carries, 102 yards
264 rush yards total
Haywood can tie Hilton for the All-Time Mark next week against Lawrence County
Very impressive showing from both teams!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Haywood can tie Hilton for the All-Time Mark next week against Lawrence County

Thanks for the updates! I believe Haywood will try Hilton and Schneider next week and have the record outright soon. And what a deserving person he is.
this was a great game to be at perfect atmosphere for high school football
Waiting to hear from the Ashland faithful. I was reading a lot of trash talking leading into the game. Here kitty kitty kitty. Good job Bucs!!!
BTW, Congratulations Belfry and COACH Haywood on a huge win and just a powerful great game!
i picked Belfry by one,but i picked 28-27
One of the great games I've had the pleasure to watch. Game could have went either way until 4th quarter where Belfry's run game wore Ashland down IMO. Both D's were impressive. Only complaint I saw all night was after game was over, #80 of Ashland ran down field from endzone and gave a cheap shot to Payton Mullins from behind. Everyone where we were sitting was wondering why he was running down field taking his helmet off. It was ONE of the most punk moves I've seen watching highschool football. Was very dissappointed in his actions during that event and even after. None of us took our eyes off of him for the fact of the way he acted. But still a great game and two great teams that give it their all. Thanks for the enjoyment of watching, but #80, you young man are a Punk.
Great job belfry way to go boys now get ready for lawrence co.Dont take anyone lightly,Got to go out every friday and stay on our game dont let up on anyoneSmile)

Go Pirates!
Crossbones Wrote:One of the great games I've had the pleasure to watch. Game could have went either way until 4th quarter where Belfry's run game wore Ashland down IMO. Both D's were impressive. Only complaint I saw all night was after game was over, #80 of Ashland ran down field from endzone and gave a cheap shot to Payton Mullins from behind. Everyone where we were sitting was wondering why he was running down field taking his helmet off. It was ONE of the most punk moves I've seen watching highschool football. Was very dissappointed in his actions during that event and even after. None of us took our eyes off of him for the fact of the way he acted. But still a great game and two great teams that give it their all. Thanks for the enjoyment of watching, but #80, you young man are a Punk.

he should be kicked out next game for that,but probally wont
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Pirates takes it to the 1 foot line on the last drive and Haywood shows why he is about to be the winning est coach ever kneeling it to close it out.

Trey Willis was a MAN on the last drive.

LOL why not get the second unit some work against good competition?
Sometimes Belfry does the right thing, sometimes they don't.
"One of the great games I've had the pleasure to watch. Game could have went either way until 4th quarter where Belfry's run game wore Ashland down IMO. Both D's were impressive. Only complaint I saw all night was after game was over, #80 of Ashland ran down field from endzone and game a cheap shot to Payton Mullins from behind. Everyone where we were sitting was wondering why he was running down field taking his helmet off. It was ONE of the most punk moves I've seen watching highschool football. Was very dissappointed in his actions during that event and even after. None of us took our eyes off of him for the fact of the way he acted. But still a great game and two great teams that give it their all. Thanks for the enjoyment of watching, but #80, you young man are a Punk." Hopefully they make that kid sit out a game or so there is no sense in ignorance.
Belfry showed they have the speed and the power to play with about anyone. Haywood showed the class of the greatest coach in ky. Could have put that ball in the endzone but why, you win without make shure we dont fumble thats why he is a winner he out coached Ashland tonite. :Clap: Now on to the crow you Tomcat fans must eat ITS JUST BELFRY I think someone said. Belfry proved to be just as fast, but they hit harder. The biggest hits came from the Pirates With messer having the most impressive hit of the nite :redboxer: Way to go pirates Trey Willis you are a beast love that stable of running backs. O line keep up the good work opening big holes for those guys you guys are what makes that O work. That D proved they can stop the passing game had Ashlands QB running for his life with no one to pass to.:ChairHit:TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
cuppett777 Wrote:he should be kicked out next game for that,but probally wont
I know emotions can get the best of you in certain situations and things can happen on the field and can even be said during play. But what we witnessed needs to be dealt with. The coach's and players were having a hard time calming him and his actions were less than desirable.
jetpilot Wrote:LOL why not get the second unit some work against good competition?
Sometimes Belfry does the right thing, sometimes they don't.

How many games have you won?
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:How many games have you won?

A zillion.
Told you guys this one would be a defensive Battle. I tookthe Kittens but knew it could go either way.

Congratulations Pirates.

If you can keep Ashland guessing you can run up the middle on them. That defense is built on speed not power.
Jet pilot you dont put the second team in in a 7 to 6 game with the win on the line to say they done the wrong thing is JUST STUPID!:lame: you shure dont know football or how to win.:HitWall: My god that could be the dumbest thing i have ever seen on here.:gtfo:
Great game,great atmosphere,way to go Pirates...great effort trey,you put the game on your back and never looked back!!!
Don't let jet get under your skin... he's justtrying to be a part of some meaningful football discussion. Big Grin
red&white Wrote:Jet pilot you dont put the second team in in a 7 to 6 game with the win on the line to say they done the wrong thing is JUST STUPID!:lame: you shure dont know football or how to win.:HitWall: My god that could be the dumbest thing i have ever seen on here.:gtfo:

I'm talking about taking a knee when you should, and what does "shure" mean?
I had this game as low scoring affair, I picked 14-7.

Congrats Belfry!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Don't let jet get under your skin... he's justtrying to be a part of some meaningful football discussion. Big Grin

Who picked the winner of this game and who picked the loser? I want to be your bookie.Confusedhh:
MVP2 Wrote:I had this game as low scoring affair, I picked 14-7.

Congrats Belfry!

You were a controversial call away from being right. Ashland kicks the XP instead of going for two and that is probably how the score ends up.
jetpilot Wrote:Who picked the winner of this game and who picked the loser? I want to be your bookie.Confusedhh:

I hedged my bet..I was going to be a winner either way Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6