Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: District and Region Winners Boys and Girls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mountain Teams are getting closer to really doing good in Semi State. Who do you guys have in boys and girls who will win there district and Region?

Girls Letcher Central, Lawerence Co, South Laurel, and Pikeville District Champs
Perry Central, Paintsville, Corbin, and Belfry District Runners Up.

Region Letcher Central gets revenge on Corbin, and Takes on Lawerece Co in the semi finals. Pikeville and South Laurel have no trouble in there first round, and will meet in semi finals. Letcher plays a hard fought game and beats Lawerence 2-1 While Pikville upsets South Laurel and Letcher wins there first Region title beating Pikeville 4-2. I have to be biased but I really think this is the time.

Boys

Letcher Central Paintsville Corbin, and Belfry to win district
Jackson City Johnson Central Onedia Babtist Pikeville

Letcher will face Onedia Babtist in the first round, while Painstville will have no trouble will Pikeville. Corbin will win there game while the Jackson City Tigers will beat Belfry. In the semi finals it will be Painstville defeated the cougars and Corbin will end Jackson City season. Painstville will defeat Corbin and get there first region title and I really think they can win semi state. They have impressed me the most, but not all teams are clear cut, and this is just me and my opinion.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Mountain Teams are getting closer to really doing good in Semi State. Who do you guys have in boys and girls who will win there district and Region?

Girls Letcher Central, Lawerence Co, South Laurel, and Pikeville District Champs

Region Letcher Central gets revenge on Corbin, and Takes on Lawerece Co in the semi finals. Pikeville and South Laurel have no trouble in there first round, and will meet in semi finals. Letcher plays a hard fought game and beats Lawerence 2-1 While Pikville upsets South Laurel and Letcher wins there first Region title beating Pikeville 4-2. I have to be biased but I really think this is the time.

Boys

Letcher will face Onedia Babtist in the first round, while Painstville will have no trouble will Pikeville. Corbin will win there game while the Jackson City Tigers will beat Belfry. In the semi finals it will be Painstville defeated the cougars and Corbin will end Jackson City season. Painstville will defeat Corbin and get there first region title and I really think they can win semi state. They have impressed me the most, but not all teams are clear cut, and this is just me and my opinion.

I would love to see LC in the semi with Letcher Co. But Like I have said earlier if Lawrence Co doesn't get back their intensity they might not make it out of district. On the other hand if these girls come out and play to their potential they just might surprise a lot of team's. LC will be in uncharted water if they make it to region But that's a lot of what if's. Good luck to all the mountain teams and who ever wins the Region will have the support of the Dawg Family. Confusedinglepar
cougarpride08 Wrote:Mountain Teams are getting closer to really doing good in Semi State. Who do you guys have in boys and girls who will win there district and Region?

Boys

I think it will be a lot of fun to watch jackson city and Letcher play if they both make it to the district championship game but the way jackson is playing and with all there players back this week they will be bringing home the trophy
you mean they have a team? I thought it was only one player you are always discussing. with 10 others they could have a chance.
Way to go Lawrence Co Girls!
Pikeville will have to play as a team. Ive watched them play a couple to times they will take from their own team mates they have some issues.
I say Lawrence Co. and Letcher in finals of regional.
Pikeville, South Laurel and North Laurel I dont think they got what it takes to win
That Shelby Hayes for Lawrence must be good!
soccerlover Wrote:That Shelby Hayes for Lawrence must be good!
Shelby is a solid player that knows how to play the game. She is truly a team player also she could have a lot more goals then she has but she would rather set up a team mate for a score then to take it her self. And the best of it is that she is only a freshman.
I know the district starts this week so when does the Region start and where's it going to be at?
For the last 9 games the Pikeville girls have had up to as high as 5 starters out due to injury and long term illness. I know for a fact that in the Madison Southern game they had 5 starters out and a few key subs and still played very good. However it's my understanding that all but 1 should be back for the Regional play-offs but not District. Not sure what type of condition the girls will be in because they have been out over a month. Anyway they are a good team, and they all return again next year, they have NO seniors. It will be an interesting Regional Tour!
Region will be at Letcher.
^Boys and Girls?
The boys Region will be at South Laurel. Because it will come down between them and OBI Win or Loose they will host.
Who will win the Belfry -Shelby Valley girls game tonight. Go Shelby Valley!
Berea def. Estill County 3-0 (both boys and girls) in the 28th District
girlsoccer Wrote:Who will win the Belfry -Shelby Valley girls game tonight. Go Shelby Valley!
Seen Belfry play once and I don't know anything about SV but good luck to both. Hope the best team wins and all make it home safe.
OffTheHook Wrote:^Boys and Girls?

Girls!
Those who say Corbin will beat South are just hoping that happens. Corbin is having a rebuilding year, they are hurt and they just beat middlesboro by 4 in the district. But you know anything can happen. I know LCC beat South, but we won't go into that. South will win the Region again!
Da_truf Wrote:Those who say Corbin will beat South are just hoping that happens. Corbin is having a rebuilding year, they are hurt and they just beat middlesboro by 4 in the district. But you know anything can happen. I know LCC beat South, but we won't go into that. South will win the Region again!

It's Touney Time turf. Anything can happen!
Boys
Winners- Pikeville, Letcher Central, Johnson Central, Corbin
Runner-ups- Belfry, Perry County Central, Paintsville, OBI

Girls
Winners- Pikeville, Letcher Central, Lawrence County,Corbin
Runner-ups- Belfry, Perry County Central, Prestonsburg, South Laurel
Hey, everyone hoping that South Laurel wouldn't get past Corbin. Guess what here come the Cards! North won too! So everyones predictions are shot except mine. South Laurel will win the Region!
I would like to say I am sorry if I cam off poorly earlier. I just think people looked at certain things like the South/LCC game and thought South was down. Look at everything. Corbin was the 5th best team in the district this year, yes behind whitley county.
District champion. South Laurel Cardinals!