Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Saints @ Panthers 10/9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who wins and Why?
Saints - 24
Panthers - 21
Panthers, why? Cause of Cam Newton.
Ballers Wrote:Panthers, why? Cause of Cam Newton.

How many has he won for them so far? :hilarious:
^Hey now, you know he's done pretty good as QB in his first year. Can't argue that Midee.
Ballers Wrote:^Hey now, you know he's done pretty good as QB in his first year. Can't argue that Midee.

I am actually impressed with his transition from college to the Pro's.

Just yanking your chain because he's going to have a tough row to hoe trying to keep pace with the scoring threat of the saints. Poor Cam has one good reciever in Smith and if they can cover him this game could get UGLY!
He can't do it all - and I'm not using that as an excuse either. But they are in much need of a win at this point and I think they will get this one.
Ballers Wrote:He can't do it all - and I'm not using that as an excuse either. But they are in much need of a win at this point and I think they will get this one.

Care to place a little wager on him getting a W???????????
Ballers Wrote:He can't do it all - and I'm not using that as an excuse either. But they are in much need of a win at this point and I think they will get this one.

He has Smith as a receiver and that's about it.

Brees has Moore, Henderson, Meacham, and should be getting Colston back as reveivers. Jimmy Graham as tight end has been playing lights out. Then you throw sproles, Ingram and thomas in the backfiled and he has targets galore. Hard to cover them all and he's not afraid to throw to any of them.
Why yeah. What kind of wager?
Ballers Wrote:Why yeah. What kind of wager?

You think it up and we shall discuss it. Nothing monetary. Maybe a avatar wager or something.
I'm taking the Panthers and Cam Newton adds to his rookie of the year award! Smile
Avatar for a week Midee. Let me know.
MisterPerfect Wrote:I'm taking the Panthers and Cam Newton adds to his rookie of the year award! Smile

You're on some serious crack! :hilarious:
Midee1 I think it will be closer than you think.
If Carolina's D bites down and stops the rush - They have a good shot at winning this game.

BTW: I'm up for that bet if you wanna take it.
Cam is good and will definitely win offensive rookie of the year. However the Saints have a much better team and a better QB. Big numbers put up in this one.

Saints - 41
Panthers - 31
Ballers Wrote:Midee1 I think it will be closer than you think.
If Carolina's D bites down and stops the rush - They have a good shot at winning this game.

BTW: I'm up for that bet if you wanna take it.

Stack several in the box to stop the run and Brees picks you apart. Drop back into coverage and the three headed monster of Thomas/Ingram/Sproles will gain significant yardage on the ground.

I honestly haven't watched the Panthers play. I'm just stirring the pot to see if I get some good arguments as to why the Panthers could beat the Saints.

I'm good with the bet. I just suck at picking avatars. That's why I have had Darkwing Duck for so many years.
Midee1 Wrote:You're on some serious crack! :hilarious:

Maybe, but I got a hunch about this one.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Maybe, but I got a hunch about this one.

C'mon man!!!!!!!

You gotta give me more than that.

Who is Newton going to throw to? (other than Smith)
Who is going to run the ball.

Give me some good reasons why Carolina is going to beat NO.

I want to have a good discussion about this game but I simply cannot refute your hunch.
Like I said.. Panthers stop the rushing game of NO and it will be in their favor I do believe.
Midee1 Wrote:C'mon man!!!!!!!

You gotta give me more than that.

Who is Newton going to throw to? (other than Smith)
Who is going to run the ball.

Give me some good reasons why Carolina is going to beat NO.

I want to have a good discussion about this game but I simply cannot refute your hunch.

He's also got Jeremy Shockey. He really doesn't have a running game with DeAngelo Williams. He only has 143 yards all season. That's pathetic. But Cam has had 300 yards in 3 of the 4 games this season! So he's apparently got people to throw the ball too. With numbers like that.
Here's the run down.

Carolina Panthers
PASSING YDS 334.8 3rd
Overall RUSHING YDS 105.3 17th
Overall OPP PASSING YDS 203.0 6th
Overall OPP RUSHING YDS 143.8 31st

New Orleans Saints

PASSING YDS 335.0 2nd
Overall RUSHING YDS 119.0 10th
Overall OPP PASSING YDS 254.0 19th
Overall OPP RUSHING YDS 94.0 9th

They don't match up that bad. Of course New Orleans is more solid - but it can happen.
Besides Smith you are forgetting about David Gettis.. He would be a big factor if he was not injured.

Jonathan Stewart at RB:
2011 Season

ATT YDS TD
31 142 0

^Not that good but he's good.

Not to mention in all of this, they lost by 1 score against the Green Bay Packers who won the Superbowl last year. That has to mean something to someone!
MisterPerfect Wrote:He's also got Jeremy Shockey. He really doesn't have a running game with DeAngelo Williams. He only has 143 yards all season. That's pathetic. But Cam has had 300 yards in 3 of the 4 games this season! So he's apparently got people to throw the ball too. With numbers like that.

Thought i read somewhere that Shockey was questionable due to concussion like symptoms.
Ballers Wrote:Here's the run down.

Carolina Panthers
PASSING YDS 334.8 3rd
Overall RUSHING YDS 105.3 17th
Overall OPP PASSING YDS 203.0 6th
Overall OPP RUSHING YDS 143.8 31st

New Orleans Saints

PASSING YDS 335.0 2nd
Overall RUSHING YDS 119.0 10th
Overall OPP PASSING YDS 254.0 19th
Overall OPP RUSHING YDS 94.0 9th

They don't match up that bad. Of course New Orleans is more solid - but it can happen.
Besides Smith you are forgetting about David Gettis.. He would be a big factor if he was not injured.

Jonathan Stewart at RB:
2011 Season

ATT YDS TD
31 142 0

^Not that good but he's good.

Not to mention in all of this, they lost by 1 score against the Green Bay Packers who won the Superbowl last year. That has to mean something to someone!

A little bit of info from ESPN.

Line: NOR by 6.5
Over/Under: 51.0

RE the bolded section. Keep in mind that NO's number 1 receiver in Marques Colston has been injured since early in the season and should be back for this game.
Ah, either way I think it'll be closer than you think.
Ballers Wrote:Ah, either way I think it'll be closer than you think.

I have no doubt it will be close but i just think it will finish the opposite of what you think it will finish.

NO-35
CAR-28
Cam and the Panthers will put some points on the board, the problem is the wont be able to stop the passing attack with Brees and those WRs.

Saints-38
Panthers-27
Saints handily. Cam will not have his impressive numbers in this game
Saints take an early 7-0 lead
Saints just may blow out the Panters. 10-0 and they are on the 5 ready to score again
Pages: 1 2